CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Is 2LT worth it? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4223279-is-2lt-worth-it.html)

Billy346 12-18-2018 07:42 PM

Is 2LT worth it?

Hey guys. I bought a 1LT Z51 last year and have been enjoying it. After living with it for a year, I really like it but have been thinking about ordering a 2LT Z51 with a couple other features that I think would make the car a little more fitting for me. (Clear roof for more head room and easier visibility of street lights, magnetic ride for obvious reasons, and CF dash....it just looks so cool). Sticking with a Stingray....I like the narrow body look.

Have any of you guys went from a 1LT / 1LZ to a 2LT / 2LZ? Was it worth it? Would you do it again? Let me know. I know some of you have some strong opinions on trim levels....

V Vette 12-18-2018 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Billy346 (Post 1598524681)
Hey guys. I bought a 1LT Z51 last year and have been enjoying it. After living with it for a year, I really like it but have been thinking about ordering a 2LT Z51 with a couple other features that I think would make the car a little more fitting for me. (Clear roof for more head room and easier visibility of street lights, magnetic ride for obvious reasons, and CF dash....it just looks so cool). Sticking with a Stingray....I like the narrow body look.

Have any of you guys went from a 1LT / 1LZ to a 2LT / 2LZ? Was it worth it? Would you do it again? Let me know. I know some of you have some strong opinions on trim levels....

Yes and yes...next question...:cheers:

vader86 12-18-2018 08:18 PM

After sitting in a couple cars during the test drives I decided 2LT was the best choice for the money involved.

Patman 12-18-2018 08:18 PM

All that truly matters is what you feel here. Do what I did before I ordered my 2018 and list all of the options that come with the 2LT and go through them one by one to see if you absolutely can or can't live without them. In my case I found that I really didn't need the stuff that came with the 2LT and that I'd be perfectly happy with the 1LT (and one year later I still feel that way). But just the fact that you're considering this makes me believe that you are wanting some of the things that come with the 2LT package.

Que Rich 12-18-2018 08:18 PM

I have a 1LT and love it!! If you dig the 2LT get it!!

devnull 12-18-2018 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Que Rich (Post 1598524913)
I have a 1LT and love it!! If you dig the 2LT get it!!

:thumbs:

I'd buy either honestly. 2LT is cool, but not a huge deal to me (I've owned (2) 2LT's and (1) 1LT C7). It's a great upgrade for the cash, but if you don't care about the additions then not a biggie.

For those on the fence I'd say do it though.

Kevin A Jones 12-18-2018 08:21 PM

Seems quite simple to me. You know the few extra features the 2LT package offers over the 1LT, are they worth the approx $4500 they cost to you?
What's this thread going to accomplish except start yet another 1LT vs 2LT battle.

1LT includes:
8” touchscreen, Bose AM-FM 9 speaker stereo, 3 month Sirius/XM,MP3, MyLink, OnStar, 4G LTE, 8” HD driver info screen, leather power GT sports seats, power break set/release, power locks/windows, active handling, dual-zone AC, keyless access/start, power tilt/telescopic, leather wrap steering w/flat bottom wheel, cruise control, tire pressure monitor, driver, passenger and side airbags, carbon fiber hood, Bremo 4-piston disc brakes, rear view camera, coup- body color painted carbon fiber roof panels, convertible- power soft-top which can be lowered remotely.

2LT includes:
Everything found in the 1LT plus: Console and door panels in interior color, Lumbar/wing adjust, Heated/vented seats, Seat emblems, front camera, 10-speaker Bose® premium audio system, Universal Home Remote, Auto-dimming mirrors, Memory Package, Head-Up Display, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with one-year subscription, Enhanced Theft-Deterrent Package, Luggage shade/cargo net

Zjoe6 12-18-2018 08:21 PM

Nope.

saleen556 12-18-2018 08:24 PM

I have a 2LZ. I think it’s the sweet spot. It’s got useful options but doesn’t go overboard. I looked at a 3LZ but wasn’t impressed. I enjoy the heated and cooled seats as well as the cameras.

KenHorse 12-18-2018 08:39 PM

Love the Heated/vented seats (heated seats work MUCH better in my '19 GS than they did in my '14 Z51)
Love the front camera (didn't think I'd really care but they ARE quite handy)
Like the 10-speaker Bose® premium audio system (not the best I've ever heard but certainly not the worst)
Love the Universal Home Remote (nice not having the garage door opener clipped to the sunvisor. Not to mention the extra 2 buttons for Mild2Wild!)
Love the Auto-dimming mirrors (self explanatory)
LOVE the Memory Package (once set, nice to have easy ingress and egress)
LOVE the Head-Up Display (miss it in my other vehicles that don't have it)
Love the SiriusXM Satellite Radio (love me my Andrew Wilcow!)

muncie21 12-18-2018 08:50 PM

2LT for me, if for nothing else the HUD. Heated/cooled seats are a great plus (maybe PDR), rest of the stuff I can take/leave. 3LT wasn't a significant improvement for me.

Thompyt 12-18-2018 09:04 PM

Yes 2LT is worth it.

Corvette ED 12-18-2018 09:16 PM

I had a 2015 Z51 1LT coupe. I traded it for a 2016 Z51 2LT convertible. I like heads up and the hot/cold seats

Mayor111 12-18-2018 09:42 PM

Any reason why you would do a big jump to a 3LT? Not saying one is better than the other, but if you have a 1LT Z51 now and you're willing to spend money for an upgraded version of the exact same car (meaning your not getting a GS or Z06), why not spend the money and get all the options? To me, options in a car are like buying a boat - once you have one, you always want better... If that's the case, do you think if you got a 2LT you would soon be wishing it was a 3LT? I got a Z51 with the 3LT package, and I couldn't be happier...because there are no options Im missing...so there's nothing to upgrade to except to a different model (GS or Z06)...

Just sharing another way to look at it...:thumbs:

fsvoboda 12-18-2018 10:01 PM

I've got a 1LT and find it fine, but the more you daily drive, the more the additional features might appeal. Cost is not huge.

saleen556 12-18-2018 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mayor111 (Post 1598525345)
Any reason why you would do a big jump to a 3LT? Not saying one is better than the other, but if you have a 1LT Z51 now and you're willing to spend money for an upgraded version of the exact same car (meaning your not getting a GS or Z06), why not spend the money and get all the options? To me, options in a car are like buying a boat - once you have one, you always want better... If that's the case, do you think if you got a 2LT you would soon be wishing it was a 3LT? I got a Z51 with the 3LT package, and I couldn't be happier...because there are no options Im missing...so there's nothing to upgrade to except to a different model (GS or Z06)...

There is nothing that a 3LZ has that I have any use for. I don’t think the extra leather is if any use.

Billy346 12-18-2018 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mayor111 (Post 1598525345)

i like the way you think! I want a 2 tone interior and the 3 LT looks much better than the 2LT.

jlbruggeman 12-18-2018 10:11 PM

I wouldn't be without HUD, and make sure that you get dual mode exhaust!

Zjoe6 12-18-2018 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by jlbruggeman (Post 1598525488)
, and make sure that you get dual mode exhaust!

Now you're talking. Mag ride as well. Neither is part of 2LT.

sTz 12-18-2018 10:31 PM

Best bang for the buck :thumbs: