CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Will you get a C8 ??? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4225120-will-you-get-a-c8.html)

Skid Row Joe 12-25-2018 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Corvette ED (Post 1598562065)
How many people said they wouldn't trade their C6 in for a C7 back in 2013? I can't buy it because it doesn't have round tail lights?

Those stuck in the Dark Ages of the antiquated C6, are still pining about tailights! :rofl:

dvilin 12-25-2018 03:19 PM

Right now I am very happy with my 2019 Z06 M7 Convertible. However if the C8 offers a convertible, and performance equal to the Z, I would consider one. Tough to say without actually seeing one, not knowing the cost, etc. So it is a big maybe vote for me.

Borntorun04/17 12-25-2018 04:20 PM

I voted no . I’m thinking of retirement in the next two years and I’m thinking money better spent on maybe moving south or at least for winter and I know my wife would like to travel more during retirement.. I thought I would never get rid of 04 . So you never know!

Patman 12-25-2018 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl (Post 1598561338)
Maybe. I won't if there is only a mid-engine offered and there is no luggage space. We take the car for long trips and carry luggage. If there is a C8 w/o the midengine similar to what I have now, then yes, no luggage space, no buying the car.

That's one of the big things that would keep me out of a mid engine Corvette too.

WICKEDFRC 12-25-2018 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by joemessman (Post 1598561387)
No for me if it is going to look anything like the renderings, which I have a hunch it will. When it comes to a sport car the first thing I look at is appearance and styling. If it misses there I'm done. I was going to consider it if I liked the styling, but it would have to have as much storage space as the C7. There has been only one Corvette generation I passed on because of styling, and that was the C4. Looks like the C8 is going to be the second.

Saved me the time typing the same things.

1. Looks/Appearance (Better than the renders I am seeing)
2. Performance (Superior to the C7 ZR-1)
3. Price Point (If expectations of 1 and 2 are exceeded, Price Point acceptability is based on 1 and 2, even at $169,900).

Phanni 12-25-2018 04:36 PM

At 73 years old, I rather doubt it, but you never know. The only series I haven't owned is a C-4. I may just get one to piss off my heirs.

V Vette 12-25-2018 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Phanni (Post 1598562589)
At 73 years old, I rather doubt it, but you never know. The only series I haven't owned is a C-4. I may just get one to piss off my heirs.

Too funny! :cheers:

Corgidog1 12-25-2018 06:36 PM

No stick and no vert=no C8 for me.

z06inVB 12-25-2018 07:38 PM

Maybe. A few years in and the supply of cars from the guys afraid to drive them comes available for about half of MSRP.

Oh and they are sorted out have a NA v8 and come with a manual trans.

So probably not.

Vetteman Jack 12-25-2018 11:45 PM

Very doubtful that I would spring for a C8 so I marked no, especially since I just got my C7. But, one thing I have learned is things can have a way of turning around over time.

patentcad 12-26-2018 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by V Vette (Post 1598561088)
Thanks but we are not in the C8 section...There is always one...:thumbs:

Get off my lawn.

I like everything I've read about the C8, but for me the lack of cargo space might be a significant deal-beaker. I'm a cyclist, I like to take my bicycle places to to on rides and I really like the ability to stow a full sized bike in the back of a C7 (I just take the quick release wheels off, it fits easily) without having to put an exterior rack on. But I suppose eventually I'll take the plunge if I like the new car enough and surrender to the idea a a C-sucker rack (a bike rack they make with giant suction cups that's very easy to mount/dismount on most cars).

Resistance is futile. You all friggin know it too. Sigh.

Tom/99 12-26-2018 08:31 AM

I have no interest in owning a mid engine car.

DeStreGa5 12-26-2018 08:57 AM

Maybe. If they truly will not offer a manual version with a ridiculous price, I'll probably look elsewhere. It's going to be very difficult finding a relatively new car in manual these days.

Kevin A Jones 12-26-2018 09:10 AM

I believe the question is a little premature since we still don't know the pricing or exactly what it will look like.

xBoostx 12-26-2018 09:52 AM

Yes I want a c8...

I’m ready for a car with the engine diff & trans sitting on the drive wheels and yes I want a fast car so will need to be an auto.

RMS73 12-26-2018 10:09 AM

Not for $!00,000 + and little cargo space. I am happy with my 16 Z51 and see little positive to trade to a ME.

danm1 12-26-2018 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl (Post 1598561338)
Maybe. I won't if there is only a mid-engine offered and there is no luggage space. We take the car for long trips and carry luggage. If there is a C8 w/o the midengine similar to what I have now, then yes, no luggage space, no buying the car.

same here

phil hunter 12-26-2018 10:26 AM

I voted no because I tend to keep my Vettes for a long time as the car is not my daily driver. I traded a C5 for my C7, which is only 2 years old, so I'm not likely to be looking for an new one for many years.

V Vette 12-26-2018 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by patentcad (Post 1598564623)
I like everything I've read about the C8, but for me the lack of cargo space might be a significant deal-beaker. I'm a cyclist, I like to take my bicycle places to to on rides and I really like the ability to stow a full sized bike in the back of a C7 (I just take the quick release wheels off, it fits easily) without having to put an exterior rack on. But I suppose eventually I'll take the plunge if I like the new car enough and surrender to the idea a a C-sucker rack (a bike rack they make with giant suction cups that's very easy to mount/dismount on most cars).

Resistance is futile. You all friggin know it too. Sigh.

:iagree::iagree:

gliot1 12-26-2018 10:50 AM

Im not sure if i like the departure from the front engine look to the very typical mid engine look with the short drop nose. Corvette has distinction above the other super cars today; it will become part if the crowd it seems. . I imagine it will grow on me and I do think that the values of c7s may hold firm at least the first few years as it takes time to for Vette owners to accept the new look. Being the design of the car in general and new motor is so new for GM my common sense would dictate to hold off a few years even if you accept the look unless you enjoy helping them weed out quirks.