CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   Updated with Sound clips:) Akra for the ZR (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4225645-updated-with-sound-clips-akra-for-the-zr.html)

DebRedZR1 12-27-2018 11:17 AM

Updated with Sound clips:) Akra for the ZR

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...284c115c4.jpeg
After following the bad azz sounding Z with Akra around, contemplating the best set up for the ZR. Suggestions? Still the Z06 system being used for ZRs ? sound clips ? Thanks :cheers:

2019 ZR1 12-27-2018 11:31 AM

I plan on putting the Akrapovic exhaust on my ZR1. I had it on my 2013 and 2016 and loved the sound. Nothing out there sounds as good as far as I'm concerned. Sure it's a little pricey but worth every penny.

Steve Garrett 12-27-2018 11:58 AM

Akrapovic is a great way to go, for sure. Plus, you then get the Carbon Fiber tips.

dee zed 12-27-2018 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 2016 Z06 (Post 1598571012)
I plan on putting the Akrapovic exhaust on my ZR1. I had it on my 2013 and 2016 and loved the sound. Nothing out there sounds as good as far as I'm concerned. Sure it's a little pricey but worth every penny.

I have it and love it - dont forget the x-pipe . Keep in mind the Corsa Extreme I have not heard it , but you lose sound management , keep that in mind .

MerakiAutoworks 12-27-2018 01:43 PM

Yes people are running the Z06 setup on their ZR1.

Contact us for pricing, plenty in stock! :D

-Josh

DebRedZR1 12-27-2018 01:57 PM

Josh and all thanks. Are they going to make a system specific to the ZR. Want AKRA , wondering what all others are doing ie Cross Pipe etc.

HTXSkydiver 12-27-2018 02:29 PM

Are these all (Akra, Corsa, etc) full exhaust systems including everything from axle back? Wondering if there’s a muffler option that will maintain the NPP functionality. I know headers and X pipe will work for what I want, just not 100% sure how the NPP works and what can be removed to keep it in place.

thewb 12-27-2018 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 (Post 1598572053)
Are they going to make a system specific to the ZR. Want AKRA , wondering what all others are doing ie Cross Pipe etc.

At this time Akrapovic has no intention of creating a ZR1 specific unit. They understand that the ZR1 is the last hoorah for the C7 platform and so they feel that focusing their resources for the upcoming C8 is a better route to go since their Z06 system is already a plug-&-play unit on the ZR1.

If you'd like more in depth info about the exhaust and/or the company please feel free to reach out. We are the largest dealer in the world for Akrapovic Performance Exhaust - David@WheelsBoutique.com || www.WheelsBoutique.com

Glenn Quagmire 12-27-2018 06:11 PM

Is corsa the best x-pipe? Have they confirmed that it's suitable for the extra heat?

Blue by U 12-27-2018 06:22 PM

B&B fusion keeps npp function, and has different styles of ends, and also stainless or black ends. Also, a lot cheaper than akra. I run these on my zo6 and liked them.

DebRedZR1 12-27-2018 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire (Post 1598573546)
Is corsa the best x-pipe? Have they confirmed that it's suitable for the extra heat?

That’s what I would like to know, the best set up with Akra :smash:

high pressure 12-27-2018 06:34 PM

I might be the minority when it comes to the Akra exhaust. I had it on my 2012 and wasn’t a big fan of the sound. I loved the carbon fiber tips but would go a different route this time around I think. I would describe the Akra as more of an exotic sound and was not much louder then the stock exhaust. I would definitely want to hear the Cosra sport and B&B fusion before pulling the trigger on the Akra setup. Just my .02

I would also be curious if the Corsa X-pipe throws a check engine light since it bypasses the secondary cats. I wouldn’t be able to stand a check engine light on a brand new car, if it didn’t then party on!

dee zed 12-27-2018 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 (Post 1598573635)

That’s what I would like to know, the best set up with Akra :smash:

corsa x-pipe and akra is not a perfect seamless fit though it works very fine - If I were to do it again i would go all akra (weight savings as well )

I would also be curious if the Corsa X-pipe throws a check engine light since it bypasses the secondary cats. I wouldn’t be able to stand a check engine light on a brand new car, if it didn’t then party on!

reply - no check engine light

Steve Garrett 12-27-2018 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by thewb (Post 1598572350)
At this time Akrapovic has no intention of creating a ZR1 specific unit. They understand that the ZR1 is the last hoorah for the C7 platform and so they feel that focusing their resources for the upcoming C8 is a better route to go since their Z06 system is already a plug-&-play unit on the ZR1.

If you'd like more in depth info about the exhaust and/or the company please feel free to reach out. We are the largest dealer in the world for Akrapovic Performance Exhaust - David@WheelsBoutique.com || www.WheelsBoutique.com

Sad to hear this....I have a Corsa Extreme exhaust. I just want the Akrapovic Carbon Fiber tips......

MerakiAutoworks 12-28-2018 01:56 PM

You retain the NPP function with the Akrapovic exhaust setup.

Best x pipe.. Very debatable, you can just get the full Akra setup! lol..

If not, I have Corsa x pipe and Akra setup on my non Zr1..

-Josh

dee zed 12-29-2018 05:44 AM

akrapovic sound clip - NOT a cold start Cold start to come if this works

Bob U 12-29-2018 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by dee zed (Post 1598582254)
akrapovic sound clip - NOT a cold start Cold start to come if this works

https://youtu.be/rY67cHqOLoA

Sounds good. Is that a full Akra setup with their X-pipe?

Hawkbarr 12-29-2018 09:58 AM

I have Corsa extreme x pipe and Corsa extreme exhaust on my ZR1. Compared to stock it’s much louder, but deeper and more throaty. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Since all the C7 exhaust systems are the same I took it right off my GS before I traded it for the ZR1. I have an M7, and the down shifts with rev match are awesome with the popping and crackling. I bought the set up from Josh at Meraki Autoworks. Good price and service.

dee zed 12-29-2018 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bob U (Post 1598582737)

Sounds good. Is that a full Akra setup with their X-pipe?

No I started with corsa x-pipe and added the akrapovic exhaust ( newbie mistake)
If I did it again I would go full akrapovic .
The reason I did not go with corsa extreme exhaust is , You lose sound management (quiet mode)
In the summer months I leave about 4am and the neighbors have there windows open , so to keep the peace I went akrapovic .

dee zed 12-29-2018 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkbarr (Post 1598582892)
I have Corsa extreme x pipe and Corsa extreme exhaust on my ZR1. Compared to stock it’s much louder, but deeper and more throaty. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Since all the C7 exhaust systems are the same I took it right off my GS before I traded it for the ZR1. I have an M7, and the down shifts with rev match are awesome with the popping and crackling. I bought the set up from Josh at Meraki Autoworks. Good price and service.

I should buy another ZR1 so I can have both set ups :cheers: