CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Dealer took C7 for joyride (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4227042-dealer-took-c7-for-joyride.html)

arturobandini 12-31-2018 08:21 PM

Dealer took C7 for joyride

Okay, what do you think? I got my C7 back today from having the differential replaced. Mileage in: 1820. Mileage out: 1968. Someone put 148 miles on the car during the time it was at the dealer but testing could have only required a few miles drive back and forth from the freeway, about a five to eight mile round trip. There’s no way someone could have put that kind of mileage on in testing. At this point the deed is done and I guess I need to find another dealer. What would you do?

xWS6guy 12-31-2018 08:27 PM

Yeesh....I would be pissed. I would have words. Many words.

65fastback 12-31-2018 08:29 PM

Did you ask them why they put 148 miles on your car? thats where id start.

FLEXjs 12-31-2018 08:34 PM

That sux but from personal experience I don't think there's a damn thing you can do about it.

My issue was I think the car (not my Vette) was damaged and repaired without telling me. I got nowhere. Couldn't prove a thing. I was ready to kill people. Not really. Maybe.

hemistar1 12-31-2018 08:39 PM

Sounds worse than the time the dealer stole George’s candy bar on Seinfeld..Seriously though that is a lot of miles. I know you have talked with service/manger owner for a resolution or apology?

check it real good for any damages

Sixgun95 12-31-2018 08:42 PM

What dealer...we should know.

John Ulrich 12-31-2018 08:44 PM

I'd have a conversation with the General Manager or if a smaller dealership the owner. No demands, no drama, just an FYI to see if that's a dealership policy.... shut up at that point and listen.

jonparks 12-31-2018 09:00 PM

Same thing with me. I was pissed. But as stated before. What can you really do or what can you expect them to do? I pissed and moaned to my wife and this forum and decided the same as all others in this situation --its just not worth the time and energy for something that can't be undone.

V Vette 12-31-2018 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sixgun95 (Post 1598598093)

:iagree:

KenHorse 12-31-2018 09:13 PM

I've yet to see a service agreement that doesn't include the dealer having the right to road test the repaired vehicle.

V Vette 12-31-2018 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1598598235)
I've yet to see a service agreement that doesn't include the dealer having the right to road test the repaired vehicle.

But of course... his issue is 168 miles !!!!!:eek::leaving:

KenHorse 12-31-2018 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by V Vette (Post 1598598245)
But of course... his issue is 168 miles !!!!!:eek::leaving:

Just sayin'.....that probably gives them a (legal) out.

I'd still bitch but the OP's options are probably limited

SSBNVETT 12-31-2018 09:21 PM

When rebuilding or getting a new differential, they must be driven at least 50 miles or more, drained and oil replaced. I don't know what the exact GM procedure is but this is probably what they did.

Zjoe6 12-31-2018 09:21 PM

Man the dealer stories just never stop.

HorsePower Junkie 12-31-2018 09:33 PM

When any of us leaves our car at any dealership for any reason, we should absolutely read VERY carefully what we sign.

A dealership near me, in the agreement, it states in black and white, not only is permission given for them to drive it, but additionally they are held harmless for any damage or accident they are in when they drive it, which means I am responsible for anything that happens while they drive my car.

I encourage all of you not only to READ what YOU are signing and WILL ABSOLUTELY be legally bound to when ANYTHING THEY CAUSE happens, but not only read it, but I also encourage you to strike through any of the language you do not agree with that you will be legally held to. Strike through anything you do not agree to, and initial it, and take out your phone and get a quick photo of what you signed, including what you struck through.

I guarantee you WILL be held to what you sign in the event of any problems the dealer causes. You do have the right to restrict them from driving your car without you accompanying them on any test drive.

Do you really think the person who gets to take your 460 or 650 horsepower C7 Corvette for a ride is not going to run it harder than you would EVER knowingly allow?

Um, if you don't know the answer to that, please, let me borrow your car this weekend.

devnull 12-31-2018 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by FLEXjs (Post 1598598059)
I was ready to kill people. Not really. Maybe.

:lol:

arturobandini 12-31-2018 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by hemistar1 (Post 1598598082)
Sounds worse than the time the dealer stole George’s candy bar on Seinfeld..Seriously though that is a lot of miles. I know you have talked with service/manger owner for a resolution or apology?

check it real good for any damages

I talked to the service manager who said he’d talk to the mechanic. The mechanic seems like a right guy, so I think it was someone else who took it home or something else.

Originally Posted by Sixgun95 (Post 1598598093)

Watsonville Chevrolet, in Santa Cruz County, Calif.

Skid Row Joe 01-01-2019 12:21 AM

There's not a damm thing you can do about it. BTDT, the last new Mercedes Benz I bought. Put 75 miles on it before I picked it up when brand new. The salesman started to get pIssed that I'd even question them. Dealer dirtbags.

Steve Garrett 01-01-2019 12:24 AM

That's ridiculous, Arturo. I'm interested to see what kind of explanation the manager gives you and what they intend to do about it, if anything....

Chuck A 01-01-2019 12:28 AM

i had a friend bring his motorcycle for an oil change he went across the street to get something to eat, he seen someone was using his motorcycle doing wheelies up and down the block, yea very insane indeed, of course they said it wasn't his bike