CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   C7 Z06 vs C6 Z06 - My definitive position (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/4227138-c7-z06-vs-c6-z06-my-definitive-position.html)

Toddiesel 02-17-2019 06:55 PM

*slow clap* well effin said sir!

Z0HS1CK 02-17-2019 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn (Post 1598897336)
Bill

Very well put bill, unfortunately for the first time, your post is flawed. But i value your opinion as i know you have a lot of seat time in the Z.

Can't wait for the DCT in the C8!

Toddiesel 02-17-2019 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by RobGZ06 (Post 1598897499)
Very well put bill, unfortunately for the first time, your post is flawed. But i value your opinion as i know you have a lot of seat time in the Z.

Can't wait for the DCT in the C8!

Says you. I don't think there's a single flaw in Bill's post. And I can wait until the cows come home for a DCT ONLY C8. The DCT concept is broken. It has to be psychic and predict what you're going to do. I've driven a few DCT cars and they SUCK. And DCT is not some exotic concept btw. Effin Ford Fusions come with a DCT. It's just a different type of automatic transmission. I actually would prefer a torque converter, if I had to have an automatic, but imo, no automatic will ever be better than a manual OVERALL. Sure, at some things, an automatic can be better, but for the full driving experience, I'd take a manual any day of the week

Z0HS1CK 02-17-2019 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Toddiesel (Post 1598897563)
Says you]. I don't think there's a single flaw in Bill's post. And I can wait until the cows come home for a DCT ONLY C8. The DCT concept is broken. It has to be psychic and predict what you're going to do. I've driven a few DCT cars and they SUCK. And DCT is not some exotic concept btw. Effin Ford Fusions come with a DCT. It's just a different type of automatic transmission. I actually would prefer a torque converter, if I had to have an automatic, but imo, no automatic will ever be better than a manual OVERALL. Sure, at some things, an automatic can be better, but for the full driving experience, I'd take a manual any day of the week

See the irony? lol

Says you.

Stop posting using emotion, use facts instead.

His post is flawed. Go drive other cars, then make comparisons. Stop dwelling on what you own, and post out of insecurity. It doesn't look good for your argument. You sound like someone who just got his first car and will do everything to defend it lol

Toddiesel 02-17-2019 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by RobGZ06 (Post 1598897759)
See the irony? lol

Says you.

Stop posting using emotion, use facts instead.

His post is flawed. Go drive other cars, then make comparisons. Stop dwelling on what you own, and post out of insecurity. It doesn't look good for your argument. You sound like someone who just got his first car and will do everything to defend it lol

I JUST said I drove other cars with DCTs... Seems like YOU are the one that is posting out of your arse. And I have 0 clue where the "insecurity" comment comes from. Not like we're dropping trough here and comparing peen size. But you do you. The auto vs manual argument is PURE opinion. Trying to say it's based in fact is like saying Camaros are FACTUALLY better than Mustangs. Opinions vary, and like assholes, we all have them and most of them stink. Yours in particular. Guess I gotta unsubscribe to this trolly thread. Take care

Mr. Gizmo 02-17-2019 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow (Post 1598896908)
Did you even watch the video ? 178 for c6z with Cai which can be good for 30 hp on that engine , 184 for c7z with no mods whatsoever.

Try again.

i stand corrected. Yes 184 on the c7z.

Z0HS1CK 02-17-2019 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Toddiesel (Post 1598897785)
I JUST said I drove other cars with DCTs... Seems like YOU are the one that is posting out of your arse. And I have 0 clue where the "insecurity" comment comes from. Not like we're dropping trough here and comparing peen size. But you do you. The auto vs manual argument is PURE opinion. Trying to say it's based in fact is like saying Camaros are FACTUALLY better than Mustangs. Opinions vary, and like assholes, we all have them and most of them stink. Yours in particular. Guess I gotta unsubscribe to this trolly thread. Take care

Right. And you said all that blabber then say you prefer manual any day of the week. What does that have to do with a DCT, or the auto discussion in general? Let me guess, your Z is a manual? Hence the insecurity comment. My Z is a manual, and i still would prefer a DCT over anything else. Not a torque converter. That's why i didn't get the A8. It's garbage. If i had to choose 1 trans to live with, it would be a DCT. Which DCT cars have you driven? Surely not the fusion right? LOL

Why do supercars have dual clutches if the torque converter is "better"?

Why do people prefer a slower shifting auto when not going WOT when they can have a DCT that's fast 100% of the time?

I agree with you on one thing, opinions are like assholes, and everyone does have one. But show me where a TC that's faster in general than a DCT at any RPM, going up and down for a shift.

tonypittman 02-18-2019 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo (Post 1598892699)
Tony , the first 2 comparisons (interior and exterior) were very good. How is the 3rd comparison performance (stock c6z versus stock c7z) coming along?

this 3rd one is tough. Very tough!!

Mr. Gizmo 02-18-2019 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by tonypittman (Post 1598899473)
this 3rd one is tough. Very tough!!

:lurk:

acz06 02-18-2019 04:02 PM

C7z > c6z sorry jizzmo

Mr. Gizmo 02-18-2019 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by acz06 (Post 1598902300)
C7z > c6z sorry jizzmo

Assz06- maybe not.

C7zm7 vs c6zm6 - 0-60 and 1/4 mile = drivers race.

C7za8 ca c6zm6 0-60 and 1/4 mile = c7za8

c7za8/m7 vs c6zm6 0-150 mph then on up to top speed = c7z and a pair of binoculars to see the talights of the c6z.

:lurk: for tony’s Final analysis.