CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   C8 will be at NAIAS 2019 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4227706-c8-will-be-at-naias-2019-a.html)

Zerv02 01-03-2019 01:00 AM

C8 will be at NAIAS 2019

Suprise unveil on the 14th, stay tuned.

pietro c7 01-03-2019 01:09 AM

Epic ,
Which one?
The 169 900$,plus transport and applicable taxes one?

Zerv02 01-03-2019 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by pietro c7 (Post 1598611007)
Epic ,
Which one?
The 169 900$,plus transport and applicable taxes one?

Coupe and Spider

smithers 01-03-2019 01:34 AM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...21e7126fdd.jpg

Glenn Quagmire 01-03-2019 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Zerv02 (Post 1598610994)
Suprise unveil on the 14th, stay tuned.

I’m hoping you’re right! If not, I suspect the henchmen here will waste no time coming for you.

WICKEDFRC 01-03-2019 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire (Post 1598611120)
I’m hoping you’re right! If not, I suspect the henchmen here will waste no time coming for you.

Exactly. And may bring more credibility for his other post describing the C8 interior.

In before the Forum Villagers arrive with torches and pitchforks.

GundamX7X 01-03-2019 03:29 AM

So you're going all in Zerv02? You do realize that after this post if what you said is not true, you will lose all credibility forever. You just rolled that dice and if wrong all the snake eyes will be on you!!!!!! ��

Good luck........................

Zerv02 01-03-2019 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by GundamX7X (Post 1598611136)
So you're going all in Zerv02? You do realize that after this post if what you said is not true, you will lose all credibility forever. You just rolled that dice and if wrong all the snake eyes will be on you!!!!!! ��

Good luck........................

My source never lets me down

TFen 01-03-2019 05:24 AM

Pop champagne to this
It's your moment, this is it
As big as you're gonna get, so enjoy it
Whatever credibility you had, you just destroyed it

BIG Dave 01-03-2019 06:34 AM

We’ll know in eleven days, one way or the other.

K-TownMike 01-03-2019 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by smithers (Post 1598611044)

I'm with this guy

alienranch 01-03-2019 08:04 AM

Gonna be interesting......this thread anyway.

FrankLP 01-03-2019 08:21 AM

Thanks for adding a "spark" to the new year!

I subscribe to the notion that...

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...fc717c5312.jpg

7LitreC5 01-03-2019 08:24 AM

I sure hope that this is true. It'd be really nice to see the C8 decloaked.

638HP 01-03-2019 08:34 AM

Now would that be cool or what? GM diverts the market with a phantom major electric issue and springs the release at the NAIAS. I am still perplexed why an electrical issue would delay the release? You don't need the car 100% functional for a release, point and case the many concept cars over the years. Release the car, take pre-orders, fix the problems and build the car. IMHO, any delays after the NAIAS are to absorb the numerous C7's on the ground. A fun teaser thread none the less.

Jeff V. 01-03-2019 09:06 AM

GM has nothing on the Jan 14 schedule.

https://naias.com/press/press-conference-schedule/

The only GM event for the entire show is the Jan 13 reveal for the Cadillac XT-whatever.

So unless they're going to do it after hours and off site, I'm calling shenanigans.

Originally Posted by 638HP
I am still perplexed why an electrical issue would delay the release? You don't need the car 100% functional for a release, point and case the many concept cars over the years.

Because when the car is officially announced, it's a real product. People are allowed to have expectations about it. They're allowed to ask, why isn't it out, and GM has to have a reply.

When it's not announced, GM doesn't have to say anything at all. They can always claim it was planned for 2021 and it's not late at all.

They can't really do it as a concept car because nobody would believe that it's "just a concept" thanks to all the leaks and public sightings.

kozmic 01-03-2019 09:18 AM

Just my opinion, but..

This really makes no sense at all... if GM wants the most attention from all of the media outlets that would provide the best/most exposure for the new ME platform, they would be pre-hyping the reveal as much as possible, just like they did with the C7, with all the pre-reveal teasers they sent out months before the final reveal.

A “surprise reveal” would be one of the dumbest marketing moves ever...unless...they have no plans to sell the car this year...and are only reavealing the ME as a prototype/concept as they did with previous ME designs, which I sincerely hope is not the case...

Jeff V. 01-03-2019 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by kozmic (Post 1598611801)
Just my opinion, but..

This really makes no sense at all... if GM wants the most attention from all of the media outlets that would provide the best/most exposure for the new ME platform, they would be pre-hyping the reveal as much as possible, just like they did with the C7, with all the pre-reveal teasers they sent out months before the final reveal.

A “surprise reveal” would be one of the dumbest marketing moves ever...unless...they have no plans to sell the car this year...and are only reavealing the ME as a prototype/concept as they did with previous ME designs, which I sincerely hope is not the case...

Counter-point. Ford GT. Nobody knew that was coming, and it was a shock when they pulled the cover off. I'm still amazed they managed to keep it secret.

Now the mid-engine Corvette is the worst kept secret in Detroit, but they could still do a surprise announcement. It wouldn't work as well as the Ford because everyone knows it's coming, But they could still do it, and it could still be moderately successful.

I don't think they will though.

jimmyb 01-03-2019 09:30 AM

That's my boy, double down....
The $169,900 thread has 1,751 responses as I type this, maybe this baby will get close.

Just so I'm clear:
The BIGGEST reveal in the history of a 65 year marque, and GM went all stealth on it.
For the first time, they'll reveal coupe and convertible at the same time.
Got it.

BTW...I am HAPPY to be wrong on this!!!! I guess we'll know soon enough.

vetteman41960 01-03-2019 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by kozmic (Post 1598611801)
Just my opinion, but..

I completely agree. Why would GM not hype the reveal.

It makes no sense from a marketing stand point to spring the car on the media and the Corvette faithful.

When GM is ready to intro the car you can bet it will have a similar lead up as Dodge did with the Demon.

I had no interest in the Demon but I still followed all the hints of what was coming because I am a car guy.

Dodge marketing did a great job with the hype.

GM seen that and like most all successful business marketing strategies GM will copy it to some degree.

I think Dodge seen GM roll the C7 out and took the marketing to another level when doing the Demon.

I hope I am wrong as like many I had my heart set in a January 19 reveal. I like nothing more to be totally wrong and we see the car in next 2 weeks.