CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   We need a C8 ZORA Hitler video (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4228475-we-need-a-c8-zora-hitler-video.html)

skank 01-05-2019 10:51 AM

We need a C8 ZORA Hitler video

I think its about time one of you creative types make a "Hitler Finds out about the C8 Corvette ZORA". Here are a few on the C7.

skank 01-05-2019 11:09 AM

2006corvetteman 01-05-2019 11:12 AM

.:rofl: :hurray:

capevettes 01-05-2019 11:38 AM

I remember those before the C7 came out. Funny as hell.
Anything that can infuse some humor into this silly waiting game is a very good thing.

Kurac 01-05-2019 12:28 PM

I agree! Those videos are instant classics!

LLK 01-05-2019 12:34 PM

Zora was Jewish. Is it still funny?

Quinten33 01-05-2019 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by LLK (Post 1598626401)
Zora was Jewish. Is it still funny?

Well, who got the last laugh?

Dominic Sorresso 01-05-2019 04:57 PM

Given the current political climate attempting to paint fascists and Nazis as “murican patriots”, this may be the wrong subject to bring up. I doubt GM would want to be anywhere near 1M miles of something like this.
I visited Normandy and Omaha beach this summer.
Anything to do w Hitler could never be considered
”funny”.

LLK 01-05-2019 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso (Post 1598627822)
Given the current political climate attempting to paint fascists and Nazis as “murican patriots”, this may be the wrong subject to bring up. I doubt GM would want to be anywhere near 1M miles of something like this.
”funny”.

Absolutely! Zora Duntov was a Russian born Jew who came here to escape the Nazis, while I appreciate the good matured spirit of the original post, it's not funny given his background. Full disclosure: All four of my Grandparents were Russian born Jews who came here for the same reason, so there's that....:

FactoryZ51 01-05-2019 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso (Post 1598627822)
”funny”.

F that A Hole and those who believe in his ideals. I'd like to see a c8 doing a burn out on his cousin-effing a$$!

KnightDriveTV 01-05-2019 05:47 PM

As a nation, I think many are losing the ability to see humor and positivism in life...it's why we see suicide rising, people in depression and medicated states. We have evolved into a nation of victims, with a sob story. Without Hitler, there likely would be no Israel. We are in a state of mind, where we try to suppress and erase history, because it's uncomfortable, instead of recognizing that without monsters like Hitler, there'd be no one to keep good people on their toes and pushing to make the world a better place.

Hitler was a catfish...like the catfish in the vats of cod shipped from Alaska to China. Cod would become mush and tasteless during shipment, because they would float without fear during the journey; so the solution was to put catfish in the tank. The catfish kept the cod agile and made them stay alive and not be weak, because the catfish were always biting at their tails. We should thank God for the catfish, not forget them and mourn them. Hitler didn't hurt the Jews nearly as much as he strengthened them. We all have a choice to either be empowered by adversity, or defeated by it.

That said, I found that video pretty damn hilarious. You have to imagine that was probably just like a man like Hitler...to whine and scream about something, regardless how absurd...probably a perfect representation.

FrankLP 01-05-2019 06:04 PM

I see and respect all points in this thread.

I admit that I found this video (and others like it) pretty funny. But given the context that others have provided, I certainly see the concern as well.

Folks that do these festive little "Weird Al-type parodies" just need to find a different subtitled movie/scene to satire. I'm sure they're out there, and would be just as (if not more) entertaining.

skank 01-05-2019 06:32 PM

I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. Just trying to lighten up the agony here.

2500 hd 01-05-2019 06:36 PM

You didn't offend me. I think that video is funny.
The guy's on the Porsche forum did the same video, but it was the release of the new GT3....

sunsalem 01-05-2019 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T. (Post 1598628133)
As a nation, I think many are losing the ability to see humor and positivism in life...it's why we see suicide rising, people in depression and medicated states. We have evolved into a nation of victims, with a sob story. Without Hitler, there likely would be no Israel. We are in a state of mind, where we try to suppress and erase history, because it's uncomfortable, instead of recognizing that without monsters like Hitler, there'd be no one to keep good people on their toes and pushing to make the world a better place.

Hitler was a catfish...like the catfish in the vats of cod shipped from Alaska to China. Cod would become mush and tasteless during shipment, because they would float without fear during the journey; so the solution was to put catfish in the tank. The catfish kept the cod agile and made them stay alive and not be weak, because the catfish were always biting at their tails. We should thank God for the catfish, not forget them and mourn them. Hitler didn't hurt the Jews nearly as much as he strengthened them. We all have a choice to either be empowered by adversity, or defeated by it.

This is one of the most unique takes on Hitler and the Holocaust I have ever heard.
You should write a book...

Dominic Sorresso 01-06-2019 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by skank (Post 1598628434)
I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. Just trying to lighten up the agony here.

skank,

I get it. The Hitler videos were funny and I will admit I laughed at several of them. I was not offended by what u posted. However, I am appalled by the twisted “logic” spewed by KITT. Likening the death of 6million Jews to a practice of keeping cod alive is beyond reprehensible. I never thought I would read someone advocate for genocide on an automotive forum.

sunsalem 01-06-2019 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso (Post 1598630147)

I never thought I would read someone advocate for genocide on an automotive forum.

There is no limit to human craziness to be found on the internet or in life. ;)

84 4+3 01-06-2019 11:38 AM

I have a somewhat twisted sense of humor so, I have always found these videos hilarious. I mean of course genocide is bad, I have some boundaries. My whole thing is if I offended you, and you laughed at the joke, my job is done. Simple as that. There is a difference between offending someone because you're an ass, and telling a joke. I don't have a mean bone in my body lol.

sunsalem 01-06-2019 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by 84 4+3 (Post 1598631853)
I have a somewhat twisted sense of humor so, I have always found these videos hilarious. I mean of course genocide is bad, I have some boundaries. My whole thing is if I offended you, and you laughed at the joke, my job is done. Simple as that. There is a difference between offending someone because you're an ass, and telling a joke. I don't have a mean bone in my body lol.

FWIW, I believe you. :cheers:

84 4+3 01-06-2019 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by sunsalem (Post 1598631873)
FWIW, I believe you. :cheers:

Well finally someone does. :rofl: