CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   NCRS 13 month suspension (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/4229672-ncrs-13-month-suspension.html)

MaineDoc 01-08-2019 07:56 PM

NCRS 13 month suspension

I just received my NCRS magazine and see that some individuals entered into judging were given a 13 month suspension. What is that all about? Did they do something wrong to get suspended?

Critter1 01-08-2019 08:05 PM

Probably disagreed with the 63 TL. LOL

Vettrocious 01-08-2019 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by MaineDoc (Post 1598647777)
I just received my NCRS magazine and see that some individuals entered into judging were given a 13 month suspension. What is that all about? Did they do something wrong to get suspended?

My guess would be that they tried to emulate Critter1...

Nowhere Man 01-08-2019 08:19 PM

or counterfeit some cars

Frankie the Fink 01-08-2019 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Critter1 (Post 1598647832)
Probably disagreed with the 63 TL. LOL

Oh no you didn’t. !

1snake 01-08-2019 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by MaineDoc (Post 1598647777)

From what I see, it was one individual doing a PV on a 55. Probably pizzed everyone off for being caught with a Hurst shifter, A/C, gutted radio etc.

desertpilgrim 01-08-2019 08:47 PM

Why is "transparency" such a hard sell in a not-for-profit car club?

mikelj 01-08-2019 08:49 PM

OMG! That is serious stuff.....:willy:

65hihp 01-08-2019 08:51 PM

That suspension is applied when an entrant leaves the judging field early, i.e., right after he fails his PV. That was a beautiful 55, but something didn't work, I forget what.
The owner chose to skip the rest of the meet. That is his choice to make, but there is a consequence. 13 months away from the big club is it.......

Yes, it is harsh, but consider that an incredible amount of planning, and expense goes into a Regional and National meet. What would happen if everyone whose car did not achieve the result the owner desired say on Thurs or Friday judging, and all those owners left to enjoy the rest of their weekend elsewhere, and perhaps save some money? There might not be much left for those that stay for Saturday activities. There might be a show hall very depleted of cars. Not good. Hence, the rule. All entrants know it going in (or at least they should). Guaranteed they know before they skip out.

Gold Dragon 01-08-2019 08:56 PM

Seems a bit harsh.:confused2:

Dan Hampton 01-08-2019 10:10 PM

Is there any jail time involved?

MOXIE62 01-08-2019 11:34 PM

I was suspended after I failed to pay my annual fee.

Tonio 01-09-2019 07:05 AM

Wow, this is an outrage. I mean, really serious stuff. The Red Cross should get involved to help those poor people deprived of inane rivet counting and such. What a shame.

rtruman 01-09-2019 07:15 AM

Part of relieving myself from matching numbers and the drama of trying to please others went away when I sold my 63 Corvette.
I did say I learned a lot during the process ,Like a weight off my plate .Its hard to change .
I started following NCRS standers on first corvette 1975.
Now doing things my way and having fun in the process.

65hihp 01-09-2019 08:02 AM

NCRS is simply a club composed of people who love Corvettes. No one is forced to join it (so far as I know).
It is amazing the amount of distress and anxiety it causes some (many?) people. Apparently it is has been doing that since 1974 when it was formed.
Maybe it's just the nature of highly structured clubs. Rest assured that those of us that enjoy what NCRS offers don't hold it against any of you who don't share the passion.
We will still wave when we pass on the road in our vettes. Just please wave with all five fingers when you spot my decal.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...f6b22cb70.jpeg

Brian VH McHale 01-09-2019 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by MOXIE62 (Post 1598648963)
I was suspended after I failed to pay my annual fee.

Really?

Roger Walling 01-09-2019 08:40 AM

Maybe all the "losers" that have acquired a lot of points against their Corvette should get together and have a prize for the most points awarded!

:party:

SWCDuke 01-09-2019 09:08 AM

The PV is a VERY TOUGH test to pass. Most fail the first time. Even the current NCRS president's '62 didn't pass PV until the third try last year.

In the last couple of years I helped a local SoCal chapter buddy prepare his very original, low mileage L-71 Coupe in a quest for a Duntov award. The regional Top Flight was no sweat, but he barely squeaked through the PV. Of the six cars entered for PV in that Regional meet, his was the only one to pass (first time), but he just made it by the skin of his teeth. His Top Flight score at last year's national meet was better than the Regional score, so he got the Duntov.

Similarly, a couple of years ago I accompanied another chapter buddy to a regional to PV his very original, low mileage '65 FI Coupe. Upon start up, the fuel pump diaphragm (very likely original) ruptured creating a fuel geyser out the vent port. It seems that Murphy always hangs out at regional and national meets with the PV crowd. We were not able to change it in time, even though the '65 Judging Chairman gave us much more than the allotted 15 minute to make the repair. John took the episode with a grain of salt, and he went on to pass the PV on the second try and also received a Top Flight/Duntov at last year's national, and two or three other Socal Chapter members got national Top Flights. Our chapter really scored big time, and everyone made their objective. There were a lot of big grins at the SoCal chapter's awards banquet tables.

The rules are crystal clear and Don laid them out. Everyone who enters a car for judging at an NCRS meet, chapter to national level, is required to keep their car on the judging field until they are released by the judging chairman, and everyone SHOULD KNOW THAT!

This is not the first time a member was suspended for breaking the rule, and it likely won't be the last. It's tough to accept a PV failure, but you've got to keep your emotions in check and tough it out.

Duke

csherman 01-09-2019 09:11 AM

there was a 55 and a 53 - both suspended
The PV issue I get
Wonder what the 53 issue was

csherman 01-09-2019 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man (Post 1598647909)
or counterfeit some cars

I wonder if one is