CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   The Time Has Come (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4230191-the-time-has-come.html)

Sonny71 01-10-2019 10:02 AM

The Time Has Come

Winter has officially arrived, just put the car cover and battery tender on after increasing tire pressure to 35lbs.
Hope to have it uncovered before April.
Stay safe

cgladish 01-10-2019 10:16 AM

sorry to hear. on a previous thread, a lot people were saying that they would never move to California ( politics mainly ).
unless you live in the mountains, you can pretty much drive year round.
not to say that is reason i leave here ( been here since 1971 ), but no other place appeals to me enough, to warrant an exit.
living in the SF bay area, i can drive to any environment i want ( ocean is less then an hour away, Tahoe is about 2-1/2hrs, napa is an hour ).
you do pay for financially though, but you pay for where ever you live ( i.e. weather limiting driving seasons ).

BlindSpot 01-10-2019 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by cgladish (Post 1598656942)
sorry to hear. on a previous thread, a lot people were saying that they would never move to California ( politics mainly ).
unless you live in the mountains, you can pretty much drive year round.
not to say that is reason i leave here ( been here since 1971 ), but no other place appeals to me enough, to warrant an exit.
living in the SF bay area, i can drive to any environment i want ( ocean is less then an hour away, Tahoe is about 2-1/2hrs, napa is an hour ).
you do pay for financially though, but you pay for where ever you live ( i.e. weather limiting driving seasons ).

You are in a very nice place in CA. If I were in the market to move to CA, your town would be high on the list. Your town or Charming....one or the other.

cgladish 01-10-2019 10:35 AM

I'm in concord, which except for not being in the central valley, is as close to 'charming' as I care to get.
your political bent might be a bigger factor though. in the bay area, it's mainly democrat, get outside that bubble, then it's trump country.
I've got 2 brothers in-law, one on SF & one in oakdale ( central valley ). politics tend to be avoided upon family gatherings.

jrose7004 01-10-2019 11:08 AM

I'm glad we don't have to do that here in the Sunbelt.

cgladish 01-10-2019 11:16 AM

in two years of ownership, I haven't had to avoid any driving due to weather. I also like getting out in the rain too ( less traffic usually ).
while I do live relatively close to the Tahoe area, I usually only go there during the non-winter months.
but in the bay area, the only impediment would the excess of cars. get about an hour out in any direction, then you're good!

Sabre34 01-10-2019 06:24 PM

Very sorry. I hope you have an early spring. :cheers:

g's13 GS 01-11-2019 08:37 AM

22 °F this morning... great ride to work today in my GS!

449er 01-11-2019 09:01 AM

I actually enjoy the 4 seasons, no wild swings & no 95* heat & humidity here

itomh 01-11-2019 10:56 AM

I like the 4 seasons myself. Nothing like the sound of the first cold start-up, hearing the sound of the B&B headers and Akras sound bouncing off my neighbors house, my side load garage faces neighbors house, bedroom to be specific. He'll be the first to know it's officially spring in Indy. Until then, the winter allows me to focus on other things like home interior projects, remodeling and a good needed break from lawn work, hanging with the family on the weekends with no excuses to take the Z06 out for another silly errand. You know what I'm talking about, rent two movies but return them separately

GrandSportRob 01-11-2019 11:47 AM

Not here. No snow or salt on the ground and the Vette will be coming out.

vett_guy 01-11-2019 11:57 AM

I fled Long Island many years ago...besides the financial upside of living here.... I wear shorts all year, except for the odd cold day.

sonik_fury 01-11-2019 12:46 PM

My Corvette is hibernating right now too. I enjoy the four seasons though. White Christmas', green springs, long summer days on the lake, and orange/brown falls. Having winter gives me a season for projects. Wrenching on my cars/motorcycles and reloading when it's cold and dark out, then riding/driving/shooting the rest of the year. I lived in Florida for 23 years and I ain't ever going back.

cadyshac 01-11-2019 01:31 PM

I ran a half tank of gas out last weekend, 5" of snow coming tomorrow.