CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest-127/)
-   -   My build almost complete! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest/4230205-my-build-almost-complete.html)

69_Shark 01-10-2019 10:50 AM

My build almost complete!

The build thread is in the C3 Section but I thought I'd share a photo here with the local thread.
I started over a year ago and have done most of the work myself.

She is a 1969 convertible now sporting an LS7 and 4L75E
Scott

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...9fcf5425a8.jpg

OregonMike 01-10-2019 11:45 AM

Ambitious project! Congrats :cheers:

69_Shark 01-11-2019 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by OregonMike (Post 1598657636)
Ambitious project! Congrats :cheers:

Thank you sir!
Scott

kenthomas4 01-11-2019 10:30 AM

Nice! Bring her on the caravan in August!

AaronZ51 01-11-2019 11:05 AM

Pretty awesome project! Was it primarily engine & transmission or did you upgrade other aspects of the car as well?

69_Shark 01-11-2019 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by kenthomas4 (Post 1598663964)
Nice! Bring her on the caravan in August!

I would like to but our summers are generally dedicated to weeks on the boat in the San Juans and Gulf Islands. We both still work so our vacation time is at a premium.
Maybe a trip in the future though!

We are looking to do a weekend run to Montana and back this summer though! She will take the C6 and I'll take the 69 and just go drive!

Scott

69_Shark 01-11-2019 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by AaronZ51 (Post 1598664230)
Pretty awesome project! Was it primarily engine & transmission or did you upgrade other aspects of the car as well?

I've already done a lot of upgrades to the car including a performance suspension, fuel tank with internal fuel pump, bigger fuel line, etc. The LS7 install also included rack and pinion install. Yes the tranny, aluminum radiator, dual electric fans, etc etc also installed. I had already added vintage air to the car so the new compressor will work with it. Drivel line needed mods and I had Spicer ujoints installed as well as balanced. I already went through the brakes in anticipation of this upgrade. cryo treated slotted rotors and aggressive pads, braided front brake lines, etc. The 3.08 rear end was changed in the car to 3.73 before I bought her a long time ago and I will likely keep those gears.

The last of the undecided is 17" rims. I understand better tire options and better handling but I am trying to keep her as stock looking as I can. I figure keep the rallys and also the P02 hubcaps and just drive her on the 15 inch wheels for now. I may look to borrow some 17" rims one day and see if I like the handling changes more than the stock look. Still undecided.

So, in short, yes. She has had many upgrades. The goal is stock looking as possible yet a very nice fun driver. Under promise and over deliver . . . . . . .

Scott

George's_Vette 01-13-2019 12:45 AM

Very nice and ambitious project Scott. I admire your talents to wrench. Hope to see your 69' Vette in person some day. It sounds like it will be a REAL DRIVER.

I may have missed it in the posts but how long have you been working on the 69 upgrades?

George

69_Shark 01-13-2019 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by George's_Vette (Post 1598675392)
Very nice and ambitious project Scott. I admire your talents to wrench. Hope to see your 69' Vette in person some day. It sounds like it will be a REAL DRIVER.

I may have missed it in the posts but how long have you been working on the 69 upgrades?

George

I have just over a year into this upgrade.I’ve had the vette for 17 years now. She is a continuous project upgrading things as necessary with the goal of making her a better driver every step of the way.

Should you ever see me, please introduce yourself and say hi! My plates are the same as the ID online here.

Scott

69_Shark 03-19-2019 02:33 PM

Sunday the LS7 breathed fire! She took me to the local gas station about a mile away and she got her first full tank of premium gas in a year and a half!
She then took me back home where she sits happily after her first local run!

Hmm, with the nice weather, maybe I'll drive her to work tomorrow!
Scott

Mark333 03-19-2019 07:59 PM

Congratulations, that must feel great.

AaronZ51 03-19-2019 08:44 PM

I had to go topless on my car today. The sun on my face sure felt great. If you drive it to work tomorrow, enjoy it!

69_Shark 03-20-2019 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by AaronZ51 (Post 1599074524)
I had to go topless on my car today. The sun on my face sure felt great. If you drive it to work tomorrow, enjoy it!

I did drive her to work today! I can st at my desk and stare at my baby! Rolled in with the soft top up but will drop the top around lunch! Some folks here are going to want to go see the work so I'll do it then!
Whooo hoooo!

Scott