CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Which extended warranty is better, AMT or ALLY (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4230447-which-extended-warranty-is-better-amt-or-ally.html)

stillcrazy 01-10-2019 09:52 PM

Which extended warranty is better, AMT or ALLY

Guys need some quick help, on getting an extended warranty. I need to know which extended warrant is a better deal. Amt or Ally? I don't know which one will be a better deal or does the better job. So I need your help in making this decision.

Sixgun95 01-10-2019 10:45 PM

I do not know the answer to your question, however I would suggest a credit union. Many have very good providers at a fair price.

John Ulrich 01-10-2019 11:36 PM

GM Protection Plan or none. Denny is the man to talk to.
dfichtner@dennymenholt.com

stillcrazy 01-10-2019 11:43 PM

the only problem is that Dennis can't sell insurance in Calif.

John Ulrich 01-10-2019 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by stillcrazy (Post 1598662370)
the only problem is that Dennis can't sell insurance in Calif.

Someone will hopefully chide in from CA who knows a dealer who discounts the GM Protection Plan.

stillcrazy 01-11-2019 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by John Ulrich (Post 1598662405)
Someone will hopefully chide in from CA who knows a dealer who discounts the GM Protection Plan.

I hope so as well, I need to make a decision asap.

John Ulrich 01-11-2019 12:08 AM

Sounds like you car's getting close to 36 months old.

FunDriver 01-11-2019 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by stillcrazy (Post 1598661891)
Guys need some quick help, on getting an extended warranty. I need to know which extended warrant is a better deal. Amt or Ally? I don't know which one will be a better deal or does the better job. So I need your help in making this decision.

Try Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA.

Frankb10 01-11-2019 06:51 AM

Hi

based on the following statement I found on the forum Ally may not be the best choice..

Differences between the old GMPP and the new Chevrolet Protection Plan:

GMPP is a product of Ally Bank
Ally will not have access to GM records and the submission of claims by dealers may be not be transparent to the customer

Chevrolet Protection Plan (GMEPP) is a product of General Motors

Chevrolet Protection Plan (GMEPP) offers the same coverage as GMPP with this additional benefit: * Coverage for ride control suspension & shocks

As previously stated....shop around your dealers in Calif.....there is a big markup in the prices..

good luck

Frank

roadbike56 01-11-2019 08:04 AM

GMEPP is by far the best deal for a Corvette especially if you have Mag Ride because GMEPP includes the shocks, others don't. That said, if I ever bought a Corvette that did not qualify for GMEPP due to mileage or age, I'd get Ally. They are reputable and many GM dealers still use them for their used cars. In addition, with so many non-reputable plans out there, I'd pay a little more for a company that is concerned about their reputation. Ally fits that model.

Dennis Fichtner 01-11-2019 12:36 PM

Thank you Fun Driver, I will add make sure you ask for Rich who is the Parts and Service Director because if you go thru F & I you will get a very high price, This just kills me sending him about 50 customers a month that I have to lose due to some law in California that you have to be a licensed Insurance agent residing in California so I can't get a non-resident license and sell they made sure of that.

stillcrazy 01-11-2019 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1598664939)
Thank you Fun Driver, I will add make sure you ask for Rich who is the Parts and Service Director because if you go thru F & I you will get a very high price, This just kills me sending him about 50 customers a month that I have to lose due to some law in California that you have to be a licensed Insurance agent residing in California so I can't get a non-resident license and sell they made sure of that.

Dennis, I was hoping you would show up, in your opinion which is the better insurance ?

Dennis Fichtner 01-11-2019 03:36 PM

They are both good warranties, I only sell the Chevrolet Protection Plan-administered by AMT. It covers the Mag Ride system and the shocks whereas the Ally plan considers shocks to be a wear item.

stillcrazy 01-11-2019 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1598666304)
They are both good warranties, I only sell the Chevrolet Protection Plan-administered by AMT. It covers the Mag Ride system and the shocks whereas the Ally plan considers shocks to be a wear item.

Thanks for your answer and for taking my call.

FunDriver 01-11-2019 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1598664939)

Yeah, that's gotta hurt but unfortunately CA is screwed up in so many ways. The upside is that I've bought two extended warranties from you and still recommend you to out-of-state customers.

Have a great new year providing services to our forum members.

z06inVB 01-12-2019 07:06 AM

And this ladies and gentlemen is why Dennis should be your go to when getting the Chevy plan 👍

GARYFINN 01-12-2019 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by z06inVB (Post 1598669923)
And this ladies and gentlemen is why Dennis should be your go to when getting the Chevy plan 👍

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gearhead Jim 01-12-2019 04:19 PM

When we bought an extended warranty for our 2017 about a year ago, our local dealer was selling the Ally plan and of course Dennis sells the Chevrolet Protection Plan.
Differences, for similar months/miles/deductible:

GM plan may be easier for dealers to work with way in the future, but currently many are selling the Ally plan and know how to bill it without problems.
GM plan pays full list to the dealer for parts and labor, Ally pays at a reduced rate.
GM plan covers the expensive mag ride shocks, Ally does not.
Ally plan was noticeably cheaper, based on quotes from Dennis and our local dealer (who supports our local club).

Give your VIN and miles to whoever you are considering, get all the options & prices from them, and see which plan, if any, makes sense for you.
We bought the GM plan from Dennis.

mdolandese 01-13-2019 02:56 PM

When I purchased my 2019 Z I got the extended GM warranty [AMT] 84 months or 56,000 miles whichever comes first. I paid $1885.00 with a $100.00 deductible per incident