CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   [C2] This weeks version of guess the part! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/4230716-this-weeks-version-of-guess-the-part.html)

Factoid 01-11-2019 05:03 PM

This weeks version of guess the part!

If you know what this is and you want it, it’s yours for shipping.

Mounted just about the driver side horn on my 365hp 1964 coupe. It’s been disconnected for a very long time. It looks like a heatsink so perhaps an amplifier, maybe the old electronic ignition amp? I know you guys know.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...ffd051a96.jpeg

Bluestripe67 01-11-2019 05:06 PM

Transistor ignition module! I'll take! :cheers: Dennis PM for shipping details.

GTOguy 01-11-2019 05:07 PM

For the optional transistorized ignition....

GTOguy 01-11-2019 05:07 PM

Missed it by THAT much!!!!

Factoid 01-11-2019 05:23 PM

Dennis is the big winner!

I’ll ship it on Monday.

Nowhere Man 01-11-2019 05:37 PM

If that is from your 64 then it’s that much rarer Not to many TI cars built in 64

Factoid 01-11-2019 06:21 PM

It is from my ‘64 coupe and I wish some PO hadn’t destroyed it. Of course then I would have admired it and not bought it, but I would have bought a different ‘64 and then...oh never mind a circular conversation.

tbarb 01-11-2019 06:43 PM

If It's factory original why don't you restore it and use it on your car, I'm sure poster #2 would understand.

Critter1 01-11-2019 08:09 PM

Looks like the remains of the TI wiring harness is there too.

provette67 01-11-2019 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67 (Post 1598666845)
Transistor ignition module! I'll take! :cheers: Dennis PM for shipping details.

Dennis, how much do you want for it? :D

Redbird 01-11-2019 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 1598666850)
Missed it by THAT much!!!!

As they say, "second place is the first loser".

Nowhere Man 01-11-2019 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by provette67 (Post 1598668077)

\
im sure his PM box is filling in with offers

TCracingCA 01-12-2019 12:12 AM

Ok you find a performance part that makes this a rare higher end car, and you sell it or give it away? Are you stupid? :confused:

Panama 58 01-12-2019 08:46 AM

There is an NOS one on .....priced at just under $500.

Factoid 01-12-2019 09:27 AM

Folks, life is too short to make everything about money, originality, conformity, or some standard response that everyone should follow. I’m not stupid, foolish, ignorant, lame brained, dumb, or any other intellectually derogatory term. I’ve discovered that life is far better when I have some fun and I’ve always been a bit of a maverick. All of this has contributed to a successful career and I feel blessed. My car hobby is not my career, but I respect those have made it theirs. For me, this is fun and I intend to continue to have fun. If that makes me appear foolish or stupid to some of you, so be it.

Congratulations, Dennis, I don’t know if it works or not, but it is yours to do with as you please.

MaineDoc 01-12-2019 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Factoid (Post 1598670393)
Folks, life is too short to make everything about money, originality, conformity, or some standard response that everyone should follow. I’m not stupid, foolish, ignorant, lame brained, dumb, or any other intellectually derogatory term. I’ve discovered that life is far better when I have some fun and I’ve always been a bit of a maverick. All of this has contributed to a successful career and I feel blessed. My car hobby is not my career, but I respect those have made it theirs. For me, this is fun and I intend to continue to have fun. If that makes me appear foolish or stupid to some of you, so be it.

Congratulations, Dennis, I don’t know if it works or not, but it is yours to do with as you please.

Very well said.

smacota1 01-12-2019 10:09 AM

Kudos to you and couldn’t agree more! It’s about the FUN.........

SledgeHammer 2.0 01-12-2019 10:48 AM

Again well said. I have got a garage full of parts that I have been giving away to a good home. All I ask of the people who take them is that they really have a need for them and use them and not resale them.

Bluestripe67 01-12-2019 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by provette67 (Post 1598668077)

You guys put a smile on my face every day by saying or doing something funny. :D Dennis

rayvaflav 01-12-2019 03:53 PM

Forum member Factoid gets some serious kudos and muy respect for sticking to his guns by giving away this valuable part to Bluestripe67, if I come across anything that I am not using I will offer it up to Factoid for free. Is a '67 that I'm not using telescopic steering column worth anything ?

Ray (I keed, I keed !)