CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Disappointed (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4230760-disappointed.html)

JacksC3 01-11-2019 07:06 PM

Disappointed

I have loved Corvettes all my life, but the C8 Corvette I think has lost the Americana style. Looks like a typical Italian supercar too me. Just my opinion.

Tennis & Golf Nut 01-11-2019 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by JacksC3 (Post 1598667605)
I have loved Corvettes all my life, but the C8 Corvette I think has lost the Americana style. Looks like a typical Italian supercar too me. Just my opinion.

Me like. I love the way Ferraris look.

I'm buying 2nd year production if the Exterior/Interior look anything close as to what is shown.

I wanted a Manual, but I'll take a DCT if it works great. Getting old anyways. :lol:

KCV 01-11-2019 07:11 PM

I’ll wait to see the actual car before I render final judgment. I get what you are saying though, Jack.

ArmchairArchitect 01-11-2019 07:15 PM

These are good problems to have, think about it...

marknagy13 01-11-2019 07:19 PM

"I hate the way Italian Supercars look"
-no one ever

KCV 01-11-2019 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by marknagy13 (Post 1598667683)
"I hate the way Italian Supercars look"
-no one ever

:lol:

retSoliderchevyguy 01-11-2019 08:18 PM

C8 debut

Hey last month I was at a Regional Chevrolet Training. I talked with a few execs and was told that most are now out of the loop on the exact date of the C8 Release. Has anyone heard of or gotten any word when they will be shown?

smithers 01-11-2019 08:24 PM

The Corvette has to evolve to stay alive. Average age of new Corvette buyers is well over 60 years old. If they don’t get the car appealing to a younger market we won’t have a Corvette any more. GM was pretty open that this was the reason for the C7 going in a fairly radical direction. They appear to be doing it again with the C8.

Tom73 01-11-2019 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by smithers (Post 1598668099)
The Corvette has to evolve to stay alive. Average age of new Corvette buyers is well over 60 years old. If they don’t get the car appealing to a younger market we won’t have a Corvette any more. GM was pretty open that this was the reason for the C7 going in a fairly radical direction. They appear to be doing it again with the C8.

Read a deal a few days ago that the avg Corvette buyer was about 62 or 63 while the avg Porsche 911 buyer was about 55 or 56.
Seems that the real problem is that the younger buyer does not care about cars. They are just an appliance to get them from point a to point b.

smithers 01-11-2019 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tom73 (Post 1598668198)

Read a deal a few days ago that the avg Corvette buyer was about 62 or 63 while the avg Porsche 911 buyer was about 55 or 56.
Seems that the real problem is that the younger buyer does not care about cars. They are just an appliance to get them from point a to point b.

There are plenty of younger car enthusiasts out there, they just aren't buying Corvettes. Even those that can afford it are choosing something else.. Hellcats, higher end Camaros, GT350's, BMW M cars, etc. Vettes have just been trapped in the "car for old men" stereotype for too long.

mschuyler 01-11-2019 09:04 PM

"Looks like"??? So you've seen it, then? That's remarkable! All I've seen is some renders and some camo cars with lots of padding.

FLS2K 01-11-2019 09:33 PM

Good lord...:crazy2:

DaveFerrari458 01-11-2019 09:34 PM

First of all that's not a bad thing! Corvette have always somewhat resembled Ferrari. Second of all, have you seen the actual car??? If so, please share with us all the details lol.

Zora_Vette 01-11-2019 09:42 PM

I hate to be blunt, but if GM let people like you that are stuck on the "good ole days" run the show, the Corvette would not have made it into the 21st century. Theres a reason it is not only one of the longest running vehicles, but a sports car at that. GM knows what they have to do to make it survive, and they have been doing it for a long time. This new ME will get even more younger buyers into the Corvette.

JacksC3 01-11-2019 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by mschuyler (Post 1598668360)
"Looks like"??? So you've seen it, then? That's remarkable! All I've seen is some renders and some camo cars with lots of padding.

What I have seen in all the C8 pictures that have been posted is what i am talking about. Remarkable???

Tom73 01-11-2019 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by smithers (Post 1598668337)
There are plenty of younger car enthusiasts out there, they just aren't buying Corvettes. Even those that can afford it are choosing something else.. Hellcats, higher end Camaros, GT350's, BMW M cars, etc. Vettes have just been trapped in the "car for old men" stereotype for too long.

There are some young people who care about cars but not enough to continue the car culture that we, the Corvette buyers, have known and loved.

The roads ads are so crowded today that driving is no longer fun. Youth connect via social media and not at the local drive-in.

ZishanM 01-11-2019 09:58 PM

Plenty of young people choosing vettes too.

Stingcan 01-11-2019 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tom73 (Post 1598668643)

There are some young people who care about cars but not enough to continue the car culture that we, the Corvette buyers, have known and loved.

The roads ads are so crowded today that driving is no longer fun. Youth connect via social media and not at the local drive-in.

I think the bigger issue is that most don't have the income for a toy. The US is lucky that at least your president is doing a lot to bring back jobs as opposed to Trudeau who seems to only care about destroying the economy for virtue signaling to the world how woke he is. The only thing left is the service industry these days it seems ...

Jax21 01-11-2019 10:00 PM

As a 28 year old with a C7 I get crap all the time about being an old man now. Ha!

Red67John 01-11-2019 10:56 PM

My kids are 33 and 30, living in a Chicago and LA. I should have their DNA tested because neither is into cars. Neither has ever wanted to drive my Corvettes. They Both have good careers and drive an Acura and a Prius. The older one could afford a Corvette, the younger couldnt, but both look at their cars as necessities, not assets or toys. Both use Uber almost as much as ther own cars. Most of their friends seem to be like minded about cars.

There are Gen Y and Millenials that appreciate cool cars, but not like Boomers did. Actually, the same can be said about housing.

I sure hope America’s fascination with the automobile, ICE or EV, doesn’t died, but car sales are down, including Corvette which has had a pretty poor sales year, and the manufacturers are making all their money on trucks and SUVs.