CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   For those with a custom exhaust: catback or axle back? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4230903-for-those-with-a-custom-exhaust-catback-or-axle-back.html)

DGA3 01-12-2019 10:06 AM

For those with a custom exhaust: catback or axle back?

Which do you have, and why did you choose it?

Slick6 01-12-2019 11:04 AM

I chose the Billy Boat Fusion 3 system for NPP-equipped cars. It's not really an axle back, but neither is it a cat back. The factory mufflers were replaced, and it came with over-the axle pipes with the AFM valve connections. I chose this set up because I could get a good muscle car sound without having to change the X-pipe and exhaust manifolds, and I could retain the NPP functionality. I'm very satisfied with it, and it has NO drone.

Custom Corvette Accessories 01-12-2019 11:06 AM

Corsa Xtreme and Double Helixx X-Pipe

Cause it is SICK sounding :yesnod:

Regards
Chip

Slick6 01-12-2019 11:08 AM

I bought my system from this guy above. :thumbs:

Sconn 01-12-2019 12:01 PM

Bought my Borla Atak with black intercooled tips from Chip as well! Also have the Borla X-pipe.
Exhaust sounds great (though not nearly as low and aggressive as the Magnaflow I had before) but it's definitely louder than stock and it's actually quiet when cruising. Something the MF was not.

sTz 01-12-2019 12:41 PM

I have the Corsa set-up (X-pipe and Xtremes). Deep throaty tone without the drone. Quality product, nice welds, and the tips look great.

CCA Corvette Parts 01-12-2019 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Slick6 (Post 1598670979)
I bought my system from this guy above. :thumbs:

Originally Posted by Sconn (Post 1598671338)
Bought my Borla Atak with black intercooled tips from Chip as well! Also have the Borla X-pipe.
Exhaust sounds great (though not nearly as low and aggressive as the Magnaflow I had before) but it's definitely louder than stock and it's actually quiet when cruising. Something the MF was not.

:thumbs::thumbs: :seeya

Tks Guys

Chip

jtranger 01-12-2019 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Slick6 (Post 1598670952)
I chose the Billy Boat Fusion 3 system for NPP-equipped cars. It's not really an axle back, but neither is it a cat back. The factory mufflers were replaced, and it came with over-the axle pipes with the AFM valve connections. I chose this set up because I could get a good muscle car sound without having to change the X-pipe and exhaust manifolds, and I could retain the NPP functionality. I'm very satisfied with it, and it has NO drone.

Does the car quite down significantly with the valves closed? How difficult is the install?

Internets_Ninja 01-12-2019 04:31 PM

If you're going to do exhaust, do yourself a favor and get the whole system from the factory cats back. I did the Bolra catless Xpipe + Borla S type NPP/AFM rear and it sounded great. Then I added ARH midlength headers and it sounded even better but it is very loud at full throttle.

ImpliedConsent 01-12-2019 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by TriPinTaZ (Post 1598672830)
If you're going to do exhaust, do yourself a favor and get the whole system from the factory cats back. I did the Bolra catless Xpipe + Borla S type NPP/AFM rear and it sounded great. Then I added ARH midlength headers and it sounded even better but it is very loud at full throttle.

^^ I agree. I did a custom 3" cat-back NPP delete to Magnaflow SS. Beautiful sound - soon to be better with cam+heads+headers.

Slick6 01-12-2019 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by jtranger (Post 1598672068)
Does the car quite down significantly with the valves closed? How difficult is the install?

It is fairly mellow when cruising, even with the valves open. It is pleasantly loud when it needs to be. I run my sound management on the Track setting all of the time, and it's not obnoxious. The install isn't hard, though you do have to drop the rear valence to remove the old and install the new system. I didn't install mine; I don't have a lift and I don't have a way to get my car high enough off the deck to do the swap.

jtranger 01-14-2019 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Custom Corvette Accessories (Post 1598670966)
Corsa Xtreme and Double Helixx X-Pipe

Cause it is SICK sounding :yesnod:

Regards
Chip

Chip, Can you give installation instructions on the Fusion axle backs? Do you have to remove the rear valance or any other major parts or is it a simple r&r? Thanks

robert miller 01-14-2019 11:43 PM

ttt

X pipe and cat back with the NPP put the AKRAPOVIC onto the car.. Love the sound and for sue=re very lite system. Robert

CCA Corvette Parts 01-15-2019 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by jtranger (Post 1598687071)
Chip, Can you give installation instructions on the Fusion axle backs? Do you have to remove the rear valance or any other major parts or is it a simple r&r? Thanks

Unfortunatly B&B did not post installation instructions
however
You do need to remove the rear valance - the rest is pretty straight forward

Regards
Chip