CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Ordering Advice (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4230938-ordering-advice.html)

dkommor 01-12-2019 11:30 AM

Ordering Advice

Good morning all,

I am looking to order a 2019 and was hoping for some advice from forum members. I live on Long Island and haven't had great success with local dealers. I'm thinking about calling Kerbeck. Looking to buy a 1 or 2LT Convertible in white with a 7spd. manual . I've checked dealer stock nationally and can not find this car. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

MNku 01-12-2019 11:41 AM

I am sure Kerbeck is great, but I sent an email to Mike Furman from Criswell (mfurman@criswellauto.com) and worked out the whole deal that way. Flew in from MN and drove home. I can attest he is very patient and would help you through the process. I am very satisfied with the experience.

KenHorse 01-12-2019 11:52 AM

I ordered through MacMulkin (I'm in Oregon) and did a courtesy delivery through my local dealer. Great buying experience and quite painless....

HARVEY T.GLUCK 01-12-2019 12:22 PM

Ordering advice

Support your LOCAL DEALERS .....

KenHorse 01-12-2019 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK (Post 1598671475)

Not if they:

Don't have allocations
Don't have stock
Simply suck

SuperdadZ06 01-12-2019 12:26 PM

I used Kerbeck and they we were very fair with me. I would support my local dealer if they got close on the price but I am not lining any one elses pockets w my hard earned money.

SingleTrackMinded 01-12-2019 12:29 PM

At the time of my purchase that would have meant paying ~10k more than what I did for like for like C7 GS. In theory I would agree that would be the right thing to do, in reality its simply a bad financial move.

Rebel Yell 01-12-2019 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by MNku (Post 1598671202)
I am sure Kerbeck is great, but I sent an email to Mike Furman from Criswell (mfurman@criswellauto.com) and worked out the whole deal that way. Flew in from MN and drove home. I can attest he is very patient and would help you through the process. I am very satisfied with the experience.

:iagree: I'm not casting negative dispersions on any of our forums vendors, but I can also attest to what MNku said. We were shopping for a new GS, and came upon just what we were looking for at Criswell. I emailed Mike Furman, and ask the best price on the car. Mike contacted me in less than 10 minutes with an offer I couldn't refuse. So, I called. He picked up the phone in person, no going through 3 other people to get to him. I then sent the particulars on my trade-in ('16 base Stingray), and within 15 minutes I received a very fair unseen appraisal on the car. This deal was made in less than 30 minutes. I couldn't pick the car for two weeks, but that was no problem. Mike just put the car in a covered storage area until we could get there. The date was set, and we arrived (we drove 400 miles to get to Criswell) at approx. 8:45 on the appointed day. The car was at the front door, prepped, and ready. Mike had all the paperwork ready for signatures, and by 10:30 am we were on our way back to North Carolina. One of the easiest new car buying experiences I've ever had, and wouldn't hesitate to drive that 400 miles again. Give him a call if you're interested, I promise you will not be disappointed. If he doesn't have what you want he can get it to you fast as Criswell sells a ton of Corvettes.

Vet Interested 01-12-2019 12:34 PM

:funnypost: So what you are saying is: Don't dicker, pay sticker! Wow!

Zjoe6 01-12-2019 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by SingleTrackMinded (Post 1598671522)
At the time of my purchase that would have meant paying ~10k more than what I did for like for like C7 GS. In theory I would agree that would be the right thing to do, in reality its simply a bad financial move.

It's very obvious this guy has lots of money to support his local dealer. So why not ask him to pay the difference between Kerbeck and your local dealer since it's his idea?

Oh and by the way I tried to support my local dealer and it was a big joke. They said I could have it at some price over invoice, a term nobody uses anymore. I specifically asked how much off MSRP. So I just ignored them after that email. Then I tried a dealer near Detroit and he was like 2-3k over MacMulkin. So off to New Hampshire I flew to pick up my GS 12% off MSRP. That savings pays a lot of bills.

SuperdadZ06 01-12-2019 12:42 PM

The guys at Kerbeck were great and from what I have read Mike Furman seems to be the sales king.

Corvette ED 01-12-2019 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by dkommor (Post 1598671115)
Good morning all,

Looking to buy a 1 or 2LT Convertible in white with a 7spd. manual . I've checked dealer stock nationally and can not find this car

Nobody is going to stock that car in a 7 speed. You will have to order it.

dkommor 01-12-2019 12:48 PM

Mike Furman returned my email within an hour. Price is $53,936 minus any GM incentives at time of delivery. I'm certain that this car will need to be ordered. Thoughts?

23/C8Z 01-12-2019 12:50 PM

Mike Furman is the number #1 Corvette sales associate in the country since 1953... buy from Mike!

MNku 01-12-2019 01:00 PM

You will need to order to get what you want. Furman can get orders in right away. I'd go for it. You won't find what you want on some lot and even if you you'd pay more for that then you would getting new from Mike.

MNku 01-12-2019 01:01 PM

I wish it were that easy. Local dealer would be 10k higher, no allocation or long long wait and the salespeople know nothing. I knew way more just researching the car I want. With turnover in sales so high and lack of sales of Corvettes at most local dealers it would be a bad experience all around.

SingleTrackMinded 01-12-2019 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by dkommor (Post 1598671676)
Mike Furman returned my email within an hour. Price is $53,936 minus any GM incentives at time of delivery. I'm certain that this car will need to be ordered. Thoughts?

Looks like a good deal. I'd trust Mike without question, plenty of recommendation here for his work.

Congratulations on your upcoming purchase :thumbs:

Rebel Yell 01-12-2019 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by dkommor (Post 1598671676)

Yep Dave, he's that good. And you are correct, there aren't may M7 verts on the lots, and will probably have to be ordered. But that way you can get the car exactly the way you want. And, it will arrive just in time for spring. Or, maybe a little before as Mike can get them in quickly. :thumbs:

GARYFINN 01-12-2019 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by dkommor (Post 1598671115)
Good morning all,

I am looking to order a 2019 and was hoping for some advice from forum members. I live on Long Island and haven't had great success with local dealers. I'm thinking about calling Kerbeck. Looking to buy a 1 or 2LT Convertible in white with a 7spd. manual . I've checked dealer stock nationally and can not find this car. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

I wanted a white/kalahari vert 3LT ,Z51 manual and there were none available so I ordered one.Went to Mike first he gave me a killer deal but my local dealer came close to matching so I ordered it here.Should be here in 2 weeks

KenHorse 01-12-2019 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by GARYFINN (Post 1598671995)
I wanted a white/kalahari vert 3LT ,Z51 manual and there were none available so I ordered one.Went to Mike first he gave me a killer deal but my local dealer came close to matching so I ordered it here.Should be here in 2 weeks

I wanted to give my local dealer a shot at meeting the price I received from MacMulkin (I have a really good relationship with my local guys). They couldn't come close, I told them I wanted to give them a chance but ended up ordering through MacMulkin. I did the courtesy delivery through my local guys though......