CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Zerv was wrong. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he’s led on (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4230997-zerv-was-wrong-clearly-doesnt-know-as-much-as-hes-led-on.html)

TFen 01-12-2019 02:50 PM

Zerv was wrong. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he’s led on

The C8 interior has leaked. It bears a slight resemblance to Zervs sketches. Members are coming out of the woodwork giving thanks/apologies to this guy as if he’s been persecuted for only wanting to share his knowledge. But there’s a big problem, his details are still very wrong.

Here’s what he got right:
1. Lamborghini style start/stop
2. Buttons running up the right side.

Heres what he got wrong:
1. Digital Touchpad
2. Wraparound Display
3. Steering wheel design (twice)
4. Steering wheel with “noticably thicker sides”
5. “XXXX” printed in the center of the steering wheel (obviously hinting at ZORA)
6. “The steering column, console, the dashboard, is a carbon copy to that of the current Ford GT. Almost identical steering wheel”

And that’s only just what’s been disproven from his interior thread.

Then theres the time when he flip-flopped between it being called a Corvette vs. Zora vs. some “unrelated GM car”...

And the backpedaling on the $169k price thread...

And the time he claimed the high perf version will launch first...

And the time he implied that he drove it...

The list goes on.

Stop treating this guy like he has all the answers. It should be clear at this time that he either saw a quick glimpse of a photo, or got a quick glimpse of the real thing, in passing, just enough to see a few key details and mess up/make up the rest.

Like I said back in August:

“There are plenty of ways somebody could come across an exposed C8 this close to the assumed reveal, but anyone with any real information or feedback to give on any key data (performance, pricing, availability, branding, market positioning, etc.) would be either too busy, too important or too held down by NDA to risk anything in the name of anonymous fame. It's very clear (crystal, in fact) that the only thing to gain by doing this is attention and a way to fill what must be very boring free time (which the OP seems to have an abundance of).”

and

“Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he's seen it, it's clear he doesn't know anything beyond what he's seen. And is just using this thread as a device to get attention. Stop giving it to him.

He's flip flopping back and forth on pricing, branding (If it's a Corvette/C8, if it's a supplemental Corvette branded sub-model, if it's not a Vette at all), its name (C8 vs. "XXXX") and the performance specs/packaging.”

It’s baffling how little it takes to convince some of you.

ryryokeefe 01-12-2019 02:56 PM

Do you feel better now?

TFen 01-12-2019 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by ryryokeefe (Post 1598672358)
Do you feel better now?

No.

dmaxx3500 01-12-2019 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Fenwick (Post 1598672318)
The C8 interior has leaked. It bears a slight resemblance to Zervs sketches. Members are coming out of the woodwork giving thanks/apologies to this guy as if he’s been persecuted for only wanting to share his knowledge. But there’s a big problem, his details are still very wrong.

Heres what he got wrong:
1. Digital Touchpad
2. Wraparound Display
5. “XXXX” printed in the center of the steering wheel (obviously hinting at ZORA)
6. “The steering column, console, the dashboard, is a carbon copy to that of the current Ford GT. Almost identical steering wheel”

Then theres the time when he flip-flopped between it being called a Corvette vs. Zora vs. some “unrelated GM car”...

The list goes on.

Stop treating this guy like he has all the answers. It should be clear at this time that he either saw a quick glimpse of a photo, or got a quick glimpse of the real thing, in passing, just enough to see a few key details and mess up/make up the rest.

“There are plenty of ways somebody could come across an exposed C8 this close to the assumed reveal, but anyone with any real information or feedback to give on any key data (performance, pricing, availability, branding, market positioning, etc.) would be either too busy, too important or too held down by NDA to risk anything in the name of anonymous fame. It's very clear (crystal, in fact) that the only thing to gain by doing this is attention and a way to fill what must be very boring free time (which the OP seems to have an abundance of).”

and

“Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he's seen it, it's clear he doesn't know anything beyond what he's seen. And is just using this thread as a device to get attention. Stop giving it to him.

He's flip flopping back and forth on pricing, branding (If it's a Corvette/C8, if it's a supplemental Corvette branded sub-model, if it's not a Vette at all), its name (C8 vs. "XXXX") and the performance specs/packaging.”

he does have more answers then you

Checkmate1 01-12-2019 03:02 PM

Heres what he got wrong:
1. Digital Touchpad
2. Wraparound Display

The list goes on.

and

Slow day?

TFen 01-12-2019 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 (Post 1598672387)
he does have more answers then you

and a hell of a lot more lies.

Zora_Vette 01-12-2019 03:08 PM

Wow, so full of anger because he is getting more attention than you. Obviously he had to make some stuff up and change the places where some stuff was located, but other than that he is correct. How is someone going to just pull out of their ass one of the most significant details of an interior... the waterfall of buttons on the right side of the console?

TFen 01-12-2019 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette (Post 1598672418)
Wow, so full of anger because he is getting more attention than you. Obviously he had to make some stuff up and change the places where some stuff was located, but other than that he is correct. How is someone going to just pull out of their ass one of the most significant details of an interior... the waterfall of buttons on the right side of the console?

Lol so you admit he’s making stuff up but still give him credibility and listen to his BS.

I never doubted he saw it(but it’s looking more like he simply talked with someone who had) I’m just calling BS on his other “leaks” and nonsense.

Having seen something once does not make you an expert.

Zora_Vette 01-12-2019 03:19 PM

For some reason I feel like Zerv02 works for GM and is part of a controlled leak team. Give us small bits of info to drum up excitement and keep the C8 in the news, but not giving up too much. Tell us stuff about the interior that is accurate but not too spot on. Organize a leak of the interior that for some reason has stuff blurred out. Give us a crazy price of $170K so that when the actual price is unveiled and is higher than what some are expecting (probably around $75K), people aren't stunned by the higher price, and the rest are stunned that it isn't super expensive. Just my opinion.

TFen 01-12-2019 03:20 PM

You know what? Forget it. This has actually been very enlightening.

They should study this whole Zerv02 thing in Political Science. It gives a great insight into the current political climate with regards to public opinion.

Get one thing right and they’ll follow you blindly. You’re then free to make up as much shit as you want.

Foosh 01-12-2019 03:27 PM

Lemmings . . .

John T 01-12-2019 03:38 PM

I was so excited to see this thread only to be let down by no additional information. Maybe I am missing something? Fenwick, do you have additional info that the forum can use about the C8? Maybe something other than personal stuff about Zerv?

tcinla 01-12-2019 03:42 PM

I hope this all doesn't turn into a civll-war in the Corvette kingdom... And all instigated by an anonymous troll...

I bet he's from our enemy, The Mustang's.... That gang has been jealous and aspiring to Corvette-levels forever! Zerv is a plant, a mole, a double-agent!!! Vette on Vette violence serves no-one...

:D

Zerv02 01-12-2019 03:55 PM

Heres what he got wrong:
1. Digital Touchpad
2. Wraparound Display

The list goes on.

and

ok

TFen 01-12-2019 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by John T (Post 1598672562)
I was so excited to see this thread only to be let down by no additional information. Maybe I am missing something? Fenwick, do you have additional info that the forum can use about the C8? Maybe something other than personal stuff about Zerv?

I already stated, months ago, that I had a contact at Magna working on a part for the C8 that needed to be scalable to accommodate upwards of 45,000k units a year.

Foosh 01-12-2019 04:06 PM

I have also heard from a source that GM is projecting between 45-50K units a year to start.

Darion 01-12-2019 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1598672711)
I have also heard from a source that GM is projecting between 45-50K units a year to start.

Certainly not at 170k each. 😉 Just had to add that! Lol

PC

Foosh 01-12-2019 04:37 PM

Obviously not. ;)

NORTY 01-12-2019 04:54 PM

Nope, what's baffling is that anyone would care as much as you seem to.

Darion 01-12-2019 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1598672861)
Obviously not. ;)

Haha, 😋