CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   2011 Gand sport/ electrical, traction control issues. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4231065-2011-gand-sport-electrical-traction-control-issues.html)

Uwould 01-12-2019 06:07 PM

2011 Gand sport/ electrical, traction control issues.

Looking for help I don't feel the dealer is giving me. 2011 grand Sport, just replaced a battery that was 1.5yrs, just prior the traction control went on, can't turn off causing the car to idle ruff. Dealer telling me fuel injectors need replacing? Engine light on sometimes solid other times flashing. People are telling me the dealership is full of it and are just throwing parts at the car. Anyone else ever had these issiis?

ruxvette 01-13-2019 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Uwould (Post 1598673359)
Looking for help I don't feel the dealer is giving me. 2011 grand Sport, just replaced a battery that was 1.5yrs, just prior the traction control went on, can't turn off causing the car to idle ruff. Dealer telling me fuel injectors need replacing? Engine light on sometimes solid other times flashing. People are telling me the dealership is full of it and are just throwing parts at the car. Anyone else ever had these issiis?

First I would do is go by an auto parts store (maybe autozone) and ask them to read the codes. Come back with what they are.
Next, I would look for a Corvette specialty shop and take it there.

airmed2 01-13-2019 09:09 PM

Make sure your plug wires are securely seated. Push them down with a little force.

rjken1969 01-14-2019 09:11 AM

I had this issue over this past summer. Started running rough and the DIC was flashing traction control system error messages. The CE light would either be on or flashing, it would switch back and forth.

Turns out I had (2) spark plug wires that had fallen off, Start by checking those. Once they were back in place the traction control messages went away and it was running smooth again. The CE light took a little while to turn off. About 1/2 hr of driving. If that doesn't do it bring it to Autozone and have them pull the codes. Post them here someone will be able to help diagnose the issues.

Uwould 01-16-2019 03:22 AM

I wish it was that simple! Not the issue unfortunately. I sucks but I will have to retype the dealer invoice to show what they did or did not do. Can anyone tell me if the traction control system is on and the engine drops power is it appropriate for a dealer to start diagnosing the fuel injection system prior to addressing the traction light on. The care runs fine otherwise. They did not address my issue and want me to spend $ 2000. $952 for 8 injectors!! Joke!! got them for $520. Labor to replace $840!! And the traction light is on. I do not feel good about this to be polite. I will post the codes soon.theybhad the nerve to say even if we replace the injectors for $2000 we cannot guarantee it will resovre the issue. Are you frickin kidding me. Mahalo

Don-Vette 01-16-2019 03:37 AM

I don't see how bad fuel injectors would cause Traction control lights to go on, especially if the engine runs fine as you said. Go to another shop!

dr_gallup 01-16-2019 03:45 PM

I have had the opportunity to test a lot (hundreds) of supposedly faulty injectors that have been replaced. About 90% of them are just fine.

Uwould 01-16-2019 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by dr_gallup (Post 1598698342)
I have had the opportunity to test a lot (hundreds) of supposedly faulty injectors that have been replaced. About 90% of them are just fine.

Thanks, that's what everyone is saying!! Dealer just going by the book and throwing parts at the car and of course saying this might not resolve the issue for $2000. What a racket!! Mahalo