CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Scan & Tune (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune-124/)
-   -   Diablo Intune Mail order tuning (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune/4231998-diablo-intune-mail-order-tuning.html)

C6Tally 01-15-2019 01:02 PM

Diablo Intune Mail order tuning

I had a mail order / data logging tune done on my '05 Z51 M6 by a guy who calls himself DiabLew.

I now have a 2010 with an A6 that I'm about to put Headers, Xpipe, and Extremes on....
I already have a Diablo Intune on the car...

Questions are as follows:

Who is the best person to do a similar type tune with these days?

Would I be better off divorcing the Diablo from the car and making a road trip to get a dyno tune done?
I live in North Florida and don't know who, around here would be the best shop to do that so I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Mike@DiabloSport 01-16-2019 12:24 PM

I think you'll have excellent results from Diablew again if you chose to go that route.
Another option for a dyno tune would be to check out Doc at EFI Alchemy, he can custom tune it on the dyno with CMR.

Thanks

06MonteSS 01-16-2019 02:06 PM

Yes, I can definitely get you hooked up with a tune again for your 2010, no problem.. I've done thousands of those cars and do them daily....

Please send me an email at -- diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com -- with the year, model, engine of your GM vehicle, any mods done to it, what octane gas you use, which diablo tool you have, etc.. and I can send you a loooong email with info about the custom tuning, the process, etc.

Thanks!
-Lew

C6Tally 01-16-2019 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS (Post 1598697681)
Yes, I can definitely get you hooked up with a tune again for your 2010, no problem.. I've done thousands of those cars and do them daily....

Please send me an email at -- diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com -- with the year, model, engine of your GM vehicle, any mods done to it, what octane gas you use, which diablo tool you have, etc.. and I can send you a loooong email with info about the custom tuning, the process, etc.

Thanks!
-Lew

10-4 Email sent.

Dcasole 01-19-2019 10:09 AM

Lew did my 2011 headers , intake and CAI LS3 and I was very happy with the results especially the A6 TCM tune !
Dave

C6Tally 01-22-2019 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dcasole (Post 1598716617)
Lew did my 2011 headers , intake and CAI LS3 and I was very happy with the results especially the A6 TCM tune !
Dave

Good to hear, thanks !

Having the Diablo already and the closest tuner with a dyno I can find being 4 hours away I think this is the best route to go for now.

Just waiting on my headers to get here !

Ccie13468 03-05-2019 02:58 PM

Chuck CoW is the Best

I have a 2013 M-6 Grand Sport. I had Chuck and team put a tune and the COW booster in my car in 2014. The tune and the booster really woke up my car. I have had Chuck tune other Chevy vehicles for me and each time I am surprised by the new performance.

but don’t just listen to me ask for someone near you to take you for a ride in a Chuck CoW tunes and boosted Corvette I’m sure you will be completely WOWed.

ccie13468

Chuck CoW 03-06-2019 02:58 PM

I think this guy is right.....

Originally Posted by Ccie13468 (Post 1598992281)
I have a 2013 M-6 Grand Sport. I had Chuck and team put a tune and the COW booster in my car in 2014. The tune and the booster really woke up my car. I have had Chuck tune other Chevy vehicles for me and each time I am surprised by the new performance.

but don’t just listen to me ask for someone near you to take you for a ride in a Chuck CoW tunes and boosted Corvette I’m sure you will be completely WOWed.

ccie13468

I think this guy is right..... If you're after more than just routine results, I would give me a call.

Your car can be AMAZING..... if you want it to be.

914-332-0049
Chuck CoW

MIKEY.G 03-06-2019 05:51 PM

Tunning

I have the chuck cow tune and booster luv it ...luv the auto cal and thier is so much you can do with that you can not do with the diablo you can do a comparison for your self ...best of luck

Dcasole 03-06-2019 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by MIKEY.G (Post 1598999518)
I have the chuck cow tune and booster luv it ...luv the auto cal and thier is so much you can do with that you can not do with the diablo you can do a comparison for your self ...best of luck

I love Chuck but that's a pretty strong statement to make about the Diablo , if you know what you are doing my I3 diablo will do almost anything that the auto cal will do except wideband record

Dave

Chuck CoW 03-06-2019 06:42 PM

Hey there Dave.....

Originally Posted by Dcasole (Post 1598999555)
I love Chuck but that's a pretty strong statement to make about the Diablo , if you know what you are doing my I3 diablo will do almost anything that the auto cal will do except wideband record

Dave

Hey there Dave..... My intention is not to start a tuner war over my comments, but simply put.....

When the Tuning package I sell, or the AutoCal tool I use is compared to "other" tools or packages....

You can expect me to explain why they are NOT the same.....

Again, let's keep this light here.... The AutoCal is hands down the MOST CAPABLE & VERSATILE tool on the

"handheld" or "retail tuner" market. End of story.

I can expect people to want to defend products they own, use, or sell...... It's natural.

But, when a comparison is made..... The AutoCal is the top dog.

For routine tunes most other tools are fine....

If you want the custom Chuck CoW stuff.... Then this is usually the only way to get it.

Nuff Said.
Chuck CoW

Dcasole 03-06-2019 06:44 PM

Chuck , you know I always love the debates :) :)

Dave

06MonteSS 03-18-2019 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dcasole (Post 1598999555)

Dave

and yes you can do a wideband along with the I3 using the 5v input... ;)

Dcasole 03-18-2019 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS (Post 1599063949)
and yes you can do a wideband along with the I3 using the 5v input... ;)

Thanks Lew , Did not know that the I3 could log wide band ...

Dave

Chuck CoW 05-07-2019 07:42 PM

It's NOT a digital serial wideband signal....

5v reference wideband signals are not as reliable as they are susceptible to

ignition problems, bad grounds, and voltage spikes when you throttle the motor....

They all do it. digital wideband connection eliminates those problems and it's why

we refuse to use that system.

Chuck CoW

Dcasole 05-07-2019 08:26 PM

Chuck let's be serious .no arguing that digital is not better but.....its a bolt on tune and it's not rocket science .. what did you do before the days of Digital .... u used analog and it worked ok

Dave

06MonteSS 05-07-2019 09:12 PM

yeah LOL... getting rediculous now... lol..