CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   Dual Quad EFI (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/4232992-dual-quad-efi.html)

Drothgeb 01-18-2019 07:07 AM

Dual Quad EFI

I’m running dual quads on my 61. I like the look, but think I want to try EFI for awhile. So I’m thinking of trying one of the dual quad EFI systems out there. I see systems from FAST, FiTech, and Holley. Anyone running one of these and have some input?

Factoid 01-18-2019 08:49 AM

I helped a friend install a Fitech dual quad setup on his ‘34 Ford (383 Chevy). It ran great once the ecu learning curve made some adjustments and was practically maintenance free. His biggest challenge was the high pressure fuel pump and return plumbing. I would avoid their fuel command center as it has a horrible reputation for reliability.

Frankie the Fink 01-18-2019 08:56 AM

Does such a kit include two EFI units for the intake manifold ? I have to wonder it that isn't expensive as heck...

Factoid 01-18-2019 09:00 AM

Yes and yes!

Vettrocious 01-18-2019 09:08 AM

I think it’s about $800 more than the single quad.

Drothgeb 01-18-2019 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Factoid (Post 1598709056)
I helped a friend install a Fitech dual quad setup on his ‘34 Ford (383 Chevy). It ran great once the ecu learning curve made some adjustments and was practically maintenance free. His biggest challenge was the high pressure fuel pump and return plumbing. I would avoid their fuel command center as it has a horrible reputation for reliability.

That’s what I been reading about the fuel command center. I would run the standard pump setup and return line instead. I’ve also read about FiTech’s ECU sometimes having issues. I like Holley’s Sniper, but I’m not sure they have all of the parts to do dual quads yet. But, I’m just starting to look at EFI systems.

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink (Post 1598709090)
Does such a kit include two EFI units for the intake manifold ? I have to wonder it that isn't expensive as heck...

You buy the EFI system, then add a second slave throttle body.

SI67 01-19-2019 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Factoid (Post 1598709056)

Edelbrock's Fuel Sump is the same kind of thing as FiTech's Command Center, and it is universal--could run with any EFI system, assuming it supplies sufficient fuel pressure. I can't speak to the long-term reliability, but there were no initial quality problems with mine and it has worked fine for the nine month I've had it.:cheers: