CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   Used Superchargers (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/4233019-used-superchargers.html)

BigCurt 01-18-2019 09:18 AM

Used Superchargers

I have a 95 vette with about 92k miles. Just was wondering do you know of any legit places where a used/refurbished one can be purchased to keep cost down? Changing exhaust system also this coming spring.

pologreen1 01-18-2019 10:36 AM

Look at cost VS a rebuild stroker or something. A stock motor can only take so much anyways.

Unless you know about supercharging, this will get pricey no matter what.

dizwiz24 01-19-2019 05:59 PM

No reason a healthy stock
bottom end cant take 12 psi boost, cooled down with meth/water and fhe proper fuel system / tune.

mine has been running this way, with. 6500 rpm redline since 2011.

I bought my p600b blower used for like $1500

But the supporting mods, blowerworks 8 rib conversion bracket, fuel pumps, ati 6+8 rib crank damper pulley, 60 lb/hr injectors, afr195 heads lowering CR to 9.7:1, blower cam, etc. must have set me back $6000.

whatever you do dont buy a used vortech or procharger complete kit for lt1 c4. Basically both compnies make great supercharger head units, but lousy brackets and supporting parts -At least for c4 corvette. To them c4 is/was a dead platform to them not worth additional engineering effort. These kits have belt slip issues bc they use the same serpentine belt to drive the supercharger as the rest of the accessories - and there isnt enough wrap. That said i think the later procharger superchargers had higher step up ratios and had a little less belt slip than the earlier p600b and vortech units so the kit worked a little better but you really want the supercharger driven buy its own belt.

cv67 01-20-2019 02:20 AM

Id think most mfrs have some rebuilt units...wouldnt buy used unless I knew the person and was confident it was good.

TravisSchoech 01-22-2019 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by dizwiz24 (Post 1598719473)
No reason a healthy stock
bottom end cant take 12 psi boost, cooled down with meth/water and fhe proper fuel system / tune.

mine has been running this way, with. 6500 rpm redline since 2011.

I bought my p600b blower used for like $1500

But the supporting mods, blowerworks 8 rib conversion bracket, fuel pumps, ati 6+8 rib crank damper pulley, 60 lb/hr injectors, afr195 heads lowering CR to 9.7:1, blower cam, etc. must have set me back $6000.

whatever you do dont buy a used vortech or procharger complete kit for lt1 c4. Basically both compnies make great supercharger head units, but lousy brackets and supporting parts -At least for c4 corvette. To them c4 is/was a dead platform to them not worth additional engineering effort. These kits have belt slip issues bc they use the same serpentine belt to drive the supercharger as the rest of the accessories - and there isnt enough wrap. That said i think the later procharger superchargers had higher step up ratios and had a little less belt slip than the earlier p600b and vortech units so the kit worked a little better but you really want the supercharger driven buy its own belt.

Mostly the same here...

No reason a healthy stock bottom end can't take 16 psi boost, cooled down with meth/water and the proper fuel system / tune.

Mine has been running this way, with. 6400 rpm redline since December 2017.

I bought my P1SC-1 blower used for $800

Supporting mods - water/meth injection, blow-thru carb, victor jr intake, LPE ported heads, nice 228@0.050" duration, 0.570" lift cam, long tube headers w/full 3' true dual setup, home made blower brackets, etc. I am ALL-IN at $7000 for the whole car.

It can be done.

93 ragtop 01-22-2019 03:50 PM

I have a vortech kit that came off of a 96 LT1. At the time I purchased it to put on my car, but ended up purchasing another vette from forum member Bruce. This car has a rear mount turbo on it.....

In full disclosure, the kit I have is complete, except for the ac hose and the coolant recovery tank. I had planned to get the ac hose make locally. The coolant tank I was going to order from vortech, but never did....
Here is a link to the for sale ad I did. and inside of this link, is a link to where I purchased the kit....
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ercharger.html