CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Someone just hit the Vette (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4233372-someone-just-hit-the-vette.html)

helirich 01-19-2019 01:59 AM

Someone just hit the Vette

Drivers rear fender and bumper scraped pretty good. Any idea how much this will cost?

LarryFL 01-19-2019 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by helirich (Post 1598715595)
Drivers rear fender and bumper scraped pretty good. Any idea how much this will cost?

Pictures will be needed if you want that kind of help.

helirich 01-19-2019 02:25 AM

Too dark out there right now. Maybe tomarrow.

Seems like just paint, but when I ran my finger around the fender, it cut me. It also doesn't fit right where the fender meets the bumper cover. The guy was backing out while turning in a pickup. His front hit it.

LBRc7 01-19-2019 02:44 AM

Should only cost time ... time to make a phone call to their insurance company

helirich 01-19-2019 03:00 AM

The guy plans to pay cash. (We know him)

Ih2lose 01-19-2019 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by helirich (Post 1598715658)
The guy plans to pay cash. (We know him)

WHO BOY , Nothing is cheap to fix any more. Normally in the thousands , Most folks don't want to pay out of pocket for something in the thousands. Sorry for your troubles and good luck . Some times they will promise anything to avoid a police report because at the time it may be questionable if they were tipsy and that's the reason for the incedent

AORoads 01-19-2019 07:35 AM

Sorry for the bump to your car. Lotta stuff underneath that bumper cap; you need to let someone in a body shop who knows Corvettes look under the car. As to 'we know him', I'd get it in writing that he's going to pay for it-signed. Now is the time to get his insurance co. name. If he sees over a thousand in a day or two, he may balk. You'll still be friends, this is just "business"----meaning, taking care of the cost of repairs to a car is something you don't do as a hobby.

dmaxx3500 01-19-2019 07:43 AM

$2-$10,000

Idaho Mark 01-19-2019 07:50 AM

Bingo! I have never been in an accident, ever but know from friends and family get a cop there and get a report. Once my wife had a guy pull
out between cars at a light onto a multi land road and hit my wife’s new SUV in the rear. Not bad about $600 if I remember. She called the cops, one came and took a report. It was clear the other driver was in the wrong. Seems we both had the same insurance company. The guy on the insurance company was pushing to get the accident a no fault to screw both driver in rate increases. I would not let him get a statement from my wife, I knew he would twist it to go no fault. I had applied and paid for the police report. Once I had it I gave it to the insurance company and the shyster from our insurance company. The cop on the police report described how the other driver was at fault and how my wife was in her rightful place on the road. I told the insurance company’s shysters, my wife’s statement is she agrees with the cop’s findings as stated in the police report. Good thing my wife called the cops, we would have got hammered by our own insurance company otherwise.

chefcg1 01-19-2019 08:59 AM

After the claim it is time to shop for a better insurance company!

dvilin 01-19-2019 09:29 AM

Probably a minimum of 2k but you are going to have to take it to a body shop for a accurate estimate.

hemistar1 01-19-2019 10:00 AM

More than you think

please use use the search function here. I like you so I searched for you this time only! ;)

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ed-my-car.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-look-for.html

traronf 01-19-2019 10:44 AM

Do yourself a favor and get a police report or even a case number. It’s the people you know that unfortunately can change their minds about what they know and fault. I know from personal experience. My sons car was damaged by one of his “friends” and we were lucky enough to get a police report. He changed his mind a few days later and long story short had to threaten reporting it to our insurance company. Without a police report we would have been screwed. He wound up changing his mind after telling him we had a police report on file and were talking action. Now he’s my sons “former friend “.....but he has a fixed car.

Maxpowers 01-19-2019 10:56 AM

:iagree:

What looks like a small scrape could be a $5000 job and you want something on record.

DWillys 01-19-2019 11:15 AM

Since they hit you, nothing. If they don't have insurance or just drove away; your deductable.

helirich 01-19-2019 01:35 PM

Looks worse in the light of day. Cracks up by the filler. I don't know how to up load pics to this forum. I did it a long time ago with my old Vette. I just can't seem to get it now. Everything I click takes a half an hour and it still doesn't show in the preview. I think the pics are in my album on this site. If one of you guys is more puter sauvy then me, maybe you can get to them and post.

Zjoe6 01-19-2019 01:41 PM

I was going to post one of those this post is lame without pics but I think the OP is upset enough. Not appropriate. Sorry for your aggravation. Hope it gets fixed fast so you can move on to the fun part. And to answer your question I'm going to guess less than $5000. It all depends how deep they hit. If it's just surface then less. If they crunched anything structural underneath the panels could be more.

oldC5 01-19-2019 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by helirich (Post 1598717799)
Looks worse in the light of day. Cracks up by the filler. I don't know how to up load pics to this forum. I did it a long time ago with my old Vette. I just can't seem to get it now. Everything I click takes a half an hour and it still doesn't show in the preview. I think the pics are in my album on this site. If one of you guys is more puter sauvy then me, maybe you can get to them and post.

You have no pics on ur album.

opentune 01-19-2019 02:04 PM

I was hit from behind, while sitting in traffic, by a young lady who was texting and did not notice that all of the cars in traffic had stopped. At 35mph, she hit me. No license, not insurance and in shock. She caused a five car accident, totaling my 95 vette, which i had just paid to rebuild the top of my engine, along with new radiator, new stereo, new targa top, new leather, 42 lb injectors added to a rebuild of fuel injectors and much more. I had, give or take, spent 4k to get my 168k old engine and car updated and fresh. Good thing I did not yet pay for a fresh coat of paint. My head broke the steering wheel, causing me to get rushed to the ER for a long stay at the hospital and a long read ahead of head trauma therapy. This happened on 12-13-18 at 10:56am in the morning as I was making my way to a first video shoot of a new UTube project with my cousin. All of my cameras were ejected out the smashed windows, in fact, everything which was not buckled in was ejected out of the car and into the east bound interstate, I84. If I was not buckled in, I would have too been ejected. As I woke up from a short blackout, I was flooring the gas, all 400hp was pushing three cross-overs in front of me, while my vette was climbing up the back of some guys RangRover. I have since, spent the 12k on a 1993 coup with only 10k on the odometer. It is black, yet it has all of the 40 year anniversary emblems on it, the Z25 code on the build sheet and in perfect shape, except for a small leak in the passengers side window seal. It is beautiful, yet, I am not sure why it is a 40 year anniversary, for it is not ruby red. That leaves a question in my mind which I would like help with.
All of the shared, I am so sorry that you had an accident and I sure hope you are okay. If you have a good ins. policy, perhaps you are thinking that it should be totaled and replaced, for there are a lot of used, good vetted out there, yet it is hard to see the car you fell in love with go to the parting out junk yard.

c54u 01-19-2019 02:07 PM

Rear bumper and valance --> $950

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-p...ents-rear-scat

Rear driver quarter panel - $575

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-p...omponents-scat

If more is damaged just look up the parts and get price. Example above is for 2017 Stingray. You can change to the model year and type you have in web page.

Paint and labour would be on top of the prices and will vary where you decide to buy the parts and have the labor performed.

I would estimate paint and labor to be about $1500, so total would be about $3000 give or take if nothing else needs replacing.