CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   A positive story from someone who knows.... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4234990-a-positive-story-from-someone-who-knows.html)

keeks2915 01-23-2019 06:02 PM

A positive story from someone who knows....

I have watched with a wry smile from the distance. I have watched the “insiders”, “experts” and the “doubters”.

I can’t believe how talented the render artists are and the sheer hours they have invested.

Those who know who I am and my history know I can be trusted. The C8 will be a hit and will be the game changer GM wants it to be.

My cousin is in the Corvette Hall of Fame, Clare MacKichan, who was the Head of the Chevy Design Studio and designed the first 10 years of the Corvette 53-63, the Nomad and the Opel. He and Zora both pined for a ME.

I think the negativity is not warranted or needed. Corvette has never let us down since the first sketches Clare did before the motorama and what is about to be revealed.

I have (had) a collection of every generation of the Corvette and love them all and their quirks. When the Mid engine lands in my garage it will be there with its sisters.

When you start feeling negative thoughts about what is coming watch this attached video which sums up what it means to be a Corvette Guy or Girl. Like the guy in the video my gutless first love of a 75 vette had to go because of my young family.

I know this video has nothing to do with the C8 but it does have to do with what the brand means to so many of us and how we can be assured Chevy also takes it the same way.

If you are truly a Corvette Guy or Girl you will love this new baby.

pietro c7 01-23-2019 06:11 PM

Welcome back keeks,
well said,and thanks for sharing the video.
Car is gonna be a hit.

Shrike6 01-23-2019 06:20 PM

Welcome back, keeks! I feel more confident now about the C8 being great.

Steven Beaver 01-23-2019 06:53 PM

Keeks!!! Nice to see you again

z edge 01-23-2019 07:20 PM

Great video. :cheers:

Darion 01-23-2019 07:26 PM

Thanks for the post, some needed positive perspective, outstanding!

PC

skank 01-23-2019 07:27 PM

Keeks, great to see you back here again.

Shaka 01-23-2019 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by keeks2915 (Post 1598745658)
I have watched with a wry smile from the distance. I have watched the “insiders”, “experts” and the “doubters”.

I can’t believe how talented the render artists are and the sheer hours they have invested.

Those who know who I am and my history know I can be trusted. The C8 will be a hit and will be the game changer GM wants it to be.

My cousin is in the Corvette Hall of Fame, Clare MacKichan, who was the Head of the Chevy Design Studio and designed the first 10 years of the Corvette 53-63, the Nomad and the Opel. He and Zora both pined for a ME.

I think the negativity is not warranted or needed. Corvette has never let us down since the first sketches Clare did before the motorama and what is about to be revealed.

I have (had) a collection of every generation of the Corvette and love them all and their quirks. When the Mid engine lands in my garage it will be there with its sisters.

When you start feeling negative thoughts about what is coming watch this attached video which sums up what it means to be a Corvette Guy or Girl. Like the guy in the video my gutless first love of a 75 vette had to go because of my young family.

I know this video has nothing to do with the C8 but it does have to do with what the brand means to so many of us and how we can be assured Chevy also takes it the same way.

Get your tissues

What a lovely story. Thanks. See the exhaust hanging down? I took delivery of my yellow 73 on Friday 13 1973. The same day as he did. My first and favorite Vette. I stopped at a light in the rain and I selected first and reverse at the same time. I had a hot date. I lay on the road looking for first gear. Fortunately, a gas station was open and they let me use their lift. All the nuts were loose on the linkage. I had a blast for 6 months 'till they took my licence away for 6 months. I watched it twice.

AORoads 01-23-2019 07:35 PM

OTOH I think some of the 'discussion' has been a bit spirited and off-base but not really so critical and negative. It does get more strident when someone becomes a pawn or a false prophet---that's not very easily accepted by most on a forum.

Corvettes have certainly been a dream realized for many, and for its long history of change and improvement. . And, while you might call it quirks as I would, there have been some real problems and less-than-stellar models of the make. Much of the discussion centers on those "quirks" which could turn out to be more than a minor irritation. For that, I give leeway to some who post and sound questioning and doubtful, plus a little bit angry over what could happen. After all, it is not like it has never happened before, even if it has been with less severity.

In the end, we are all hoping it is a great car and one that many will laud---and buy! But straight talk from those in the know, or who will eventually talk about the pluses and minuses would be wise. Just my opinion. :cheers:

LLK 01-23-2019 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by keeks2915 (Post 1598745658)

Get your tissues

First, you don't have to be a Corvette guy/girl to love this story, and second, I NEVER cry......almost never......thanks keeks!

Basil2000 01-23-2019 08:03 PM

I’m not crying.....your crying. I think the ME vette is going to be a game changer and cant wait to get one.

bigblock427 01-23-2019 08:10 PM

The infamous keeks reappears. Welcome back. :cheers: Now for what you know.:toetap::lolg:

keeks2915 01-23-2019 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1598746444)
OTOH I think some of the 'discussion' has been a bit spirited and off-base but not really so critical and negative. It does get more strident when someone becomes a pawn or a false prophet---that's not very easily accepted by most on a forum.

Corvettes have certainly been a dream realized for many, and for its long history of change and improvement. . And, while you might call it quirks as I would, there have been some real problems and less-than-stellar models of the make. Much of the discussion centers on those "quirks" which could turn out to be more than a minor irritation. For that, I give leeway to some who post and sound questioning and doubtful, plus a little bit angry over what could happen. After all, it is not like it has never happened before, even if it has been with less severity.

In the end, we are all hoping it is a great car and one that many will laud---and buy! But straight talk from those in the know, or who will eventually talk about the pluses and minuses would be wise. Just my opinion. :cheers:

My 54 vette had a funny quirk.. they filled up with 6 inches of water sitting in the dealer’s lots. The TSB called for 1/4 holes drilled in the floor to drain them before sale. My brand new Z06 has quirks like tires chinking in slow tight turns.... But I can promise you the C8 will do exactly what those cars do, quirks and all.....it will turn heads and it will kick Porsche’s asses.

keeks2915 01-23-2019 08:13 PM

I was on a romantic vacation with Harlan.

RedDropTop 01-23-2019 08:43 PM

That is such a touching video.

AORoads 01-23-2019 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by keeks2915 (Post 1598746651)

My 54 vette had a funny quirk.. they filled up with 6 inches of water sitting in the dealer’s lots. The TSB called for 1/4 holes drilled in the floor to drain them before sale. My brand new Z06 has quirks like tires chinking in slow tight turns.... But I can promise you the C8 will do exactly what those cars do, quirks and all.....it will turn heads and it will kick Porsche’s asses.

That's what I'm waiting for! :cheers:

PS '54 musta been an odd year. Knew a guy who bought a brand new Chrysler. Took it to a park the first night to hit some golf balls. Locked the doors. When he got back, driver's side door lock fell out when he put his key in it. Walked around to the passenger side---did the same thing. I don't think he was laughing but at least his shoes and socks weren't wet. :yesnod:

John T 01-23-2019 09:18 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...add5f3b6f.jpeg
Very exciting times with Keeks back in 13’ deciphering the C7 and I really hope that you can play the game again with your old crew. I remember like it was an hour ago when that gorgeous red C7 wide body rear quarter came across the forum. So damn exciting. Thanks again bro👍🏻

Garret 01-23-2019 09:30 PM

Would be nice if you at least gave us a little hint on the car and not just a cry video and your opinion on it being a game changer :)

Vernon 01-23-2019 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by RedDropTop (Post 1598746846)
That is such a touching video.

Agreed! What a lovely video.
Thank you for sharing!

SingleTrackMinded 01-23-2019 10:44 PM

Thanks for sharing that video. :thumbs: