CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   Missing Seat Bottom and Mid America (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/4235758-missing-seat-bottom-and-mid-america.html)

eutu1984 01-26-2019 07:14 AM

Missing Seat Bottom and Mid America

I ordered Leather seat covers from Mid America and received them on Wed 01/23/19, opened the box and found one of the bottom seat covers is missing, Called Mid America several times and they keep saying they will call me back, last one said they will probably call me back on Monday. I hope they do, I would like to get this issue resolved.

mazdaverx7 01-26-2019 07:39 AM

They are a reputable company and I would give them time to make things right. I would guess they are looking into the issue as far as who packed the seat covers and if they did their job properly or if something was missed. Just covering all bases before they send you another. Mistakes happen.

Z51JEFF 01-26-2019 07:49 AM

It’s very simple,if you dont hear from them on Monday you call them Tuesday and tell them to issue a call tag and come pick up the merchandise, Once received tell them to issue a complete 100% refund.

84 4+3 01-26-2019 09:29 AM

If mid America is crap now too I'm done buying corvette parts. Ecklers was probably the worst company I've ever dealt with. Corvette central just sucks. Mid America has always done right by me though. If they're heading down hill too I'm going to ebay and calling it good enough...

eutu1984 01-26-2019 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by mazdaverx7 (Post 1598760964)
They are a reputable company and I would give them time to make things right. I would guess they are looking into the issue as far as who packed the seat covers and if they did their job properly or if something was missed. Just covering all bases before they send you another. Mistakes happen.

I hope so would rather get this straightened out, I have never had any problems ordering from them in the past.

eutu1984 01-26-2019 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF (Post 1598761004)
It’s very simple,if you dont hear from them on Monday you call them Tuesday and tell them to issue a call tag and come pick up the merchandise, Once received tell them to issue a complete 100% refund.

If I dont here from them Monday thats what I may have to do.

Paul Workman 01-26-2019 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by 84 4+3 (Post 1598761381)
If mid America is crap now too I'm done buying corvette parts. Ecklers was probably the worst company I've ever dealt with. Corvette central just sucks. Mid America has always done right by me though. If they're heading down hill too I'm going to ebay and calling it good enough...

My experience with ALL of the vendors you listed has been the opposite, i.e., quite good! Not to say there was never a problem in the past 16 years (of C3 and C4 ownership), but in every case the service after the sale was very good.

At least with a recognized Corvette parts vendor you have a direct link to the source provider. On the "bay" you're not as likely to get service after the sale - has been my experience.

81c3 01-26-2019 10:24 AM

Well, I guess Im the luckiest guy in the room.... Ive ordered from all the major suppliers... Corvette Central, Mid America, Corvette Mods, and Ecklers... Ive never had an issue with any of them... Ive been buying from all of them for the last 16 years.

84 4+3 01-26-2019 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Workman (Post 1598761710)
My experience with ALL of the vendors you listed has been the opposite, i.e., quite good! Not to say there was never a problem in the past 16 years (of C3 and C4 ownership), but in every case the service after the sale was very good.

At least with a recognized Corvette parts vendor you have a direct link to the source provider. On the "bay" you're not as likely to get service after the sale - has been my experience.

Originally Posted by 81c3 (Post 1598761712)
Well, I guess Im the luckiest guy in the room.... Ive ordered from all the major suppliers... Corvette Central, Mid America, Corvette Mods, and Ecklers... Ive never had an issue with any of them... Ive been buying from all of them for the last 16 years.

Yea, the tech gentleman at ecklers quite literally told me to my face that my car was and I quote "Crossfire Crap". There is a very good reason why their reviews are floating around 1.8 stars... it isn't even what they sold that bothered me. It was how they handled it. Any other company I've ever dealt with sends you a new part and then asks for the old one back. I just can't even with them anymore.

Corvette central isn't bad in that sense, it just takes forever for me to get things from them. I'm talking weeks or even over a month. I ordered the balance tube that goes between the throttlebodies and they told me after it was ordered that it was on back order. At least they told me it would be a month this time.

zachaeous 01-26-2019 06:18 PM

I believe Mid-America will take care of you in the end. I have been buying from them since the early 80s. I have always got my problems resolved when I had them. It takes them some time to refund once they receive your product back but always have followed through for me. Good luck getting your problem resolved. :thumbs:

Nowhere Man 01-26-2019 07:55 PM

so did you get Corvette america or Al Knoch covers?

eutu1984 01-26-2019 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man (Post 1598764961)
so did you get Corvette america or Al Knoch covers?

Mid America

Hot Rod Roy 01-27-2019 01:32 AM

They should be able to confirm from the shipping weight of the package, that this major piece was missing from the box that was sent to you.

You received them 1-23-19, and posted your complaint here 1-25-19? They haven't even had a chance to investigate your problem! Give them a chance!

:cool:

eutu1984 01-27-2019 09:03 AM

The seat cover for the bottom weighs less than a pound according to my bathroom scale so hopefully they can confirm it. somehow.

drcook 01-27-2019 12:40 PM

If they drag their feet too much, just file a credit card dispute.

4theboy 01-27-2019 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by drcook (Post 1598768170)
If they drag their feet too much, just file a credit card dispute.

:iagree:

Yep, don't fret about it over the weekend. Give them a chance to make it right. They probably have to report it to the right person that will contact you back. You always have the CC dispute option in your back pocket so you know will come out ok. But obviously you want your cover.

eutu1984 01-29-2019 05:46 AM

Well Monday went by and no call from Mid America, so I emailed them this morning and I if I do not here back from them by the time I get back from work this afternoon I will call them one more time.

ghoastrider1 01-29-2019 07:02 AM

interesting. I am close to buying some inside parts for my 86. Dont want problems. there is one big dealer about 100 miles south of indy, where I live, might be worth it to pick up in person now

eutu1984 01-29-2019 04:11 PM

I just got home from work and Mid America emailed me a return shipping label, so I will be returning the seat covers and getting a refund.

ghlkal 01-29-2019 07:29 PM

Glad to hear it.

I've always had great service from Mid-america, so I'm glad they came through.