CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   Track Day insurance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4236949-track-day-insurance.html)

Nesch18 01-29-2019 03:38 PM

Track Day insurance

I am have booked my a race day in my ZR1 in June. I currently have a regular car insurance with Allstate which is dirt cheap. I think it would be a good idea to have insurance coverage for the track. Its only going to be 2 short 15 minute sessions on Pocono Raceway. I have booked the session with 877stockcar.com.

Do you guys have any suggestions which company to use and what the cost is?

Mordeth 01-29-2019 05:33 PM

I'm assuming you mean a "track day" and not a "race day", which are two different things. If that is the case, try Lockton or OnTrack insurance. Both understand HPDE insurance very well and can provide a policy. Rates are dependent on how much you are insuring it for, what deductible you choose and for how many days/events.

Furthermore, if you are serious about learning how to drive your car on a track, you should engage with a group dedicated to on track instruction and driver safety. PCA, NASA, CHIN, SCDA and others are good choices for this.

Mu$cle 01-29-2019 06:26 PM

RLI Track Day Insurance

https://www.rlicorp.com/track-day

RLI was the underwriter for Lockton. Now they sell directly. Once in a while I compare RLI and Lockton for an upcoming HPDE and am surprised by the savings using RLI.

Nesch18 01-30-2019 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mordeth (Post 1598782586)
I'm assuming you mean a "track day" and not a "race day", which are two different things. If that is the case, try Lockton or OnTrack insurance. Both understand HPDE insurance very well and can provide a policy. Rates are dependent on how much you are insuring it for, what deductible you choose and for how many days/events.

Furthermore, if you are serious about learning how to drive your car on a track, you should engage with a group dedicated to on track instruction and driver safety. PCA, NASA, CHIN, SCDA and others are good choices for this.

I am not really serious about to learn it. I have a convertible so most tracks don't allow this car, I had a few times where I was in jail with one foot, so I decided to stay out of trouble. This track is mostly straights, so I wanna haul ass for a few minutes and get it out of my system so I don't do it on public roads anymore.

Thanks for the info.

foot 1 02-01-2019 08:11 PM

Good luck with that,it's very addictive

WELEPRO 02-02-2019 06:24 AM

I use RLI for most of my track events. They are easy to deal with and rates are the best I’ve found(though everyone is very close).

I have not had to file a claim, thank goodness. So I can’t speak to that process or experience, and hopefully never will.

Racingswh 02-02-2019 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nesch18 (Post 1598781828)
Its only going to be 2 short 15 minute sessions on Pocono Raceway. I have booked the session with 877stockcar.com.

I am guessing you are not going to use your own car. Unless it's a program I am totally unfamiliar with, which is entirely possible, that is probably a stock car experience. Typically they provide the cars.

Nesch18 02-02-2019 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Racingswh (Post 1598805164)
I am guessing you are not going to use your own car. Unless it's a program I am totally unfamiliar with, which is entirely possible, that is probably a stock car experience. Typically they provide the cars.

Yes, they do provide a car. But after that session is over you get to drive your own for two 15 minute sessions.

Racingswh 02-02-2019 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nesch18 (Post 1598805874)

Yes, they do provide a car. But after that session is over you get to drive your own for two 15 minute sessions.

:thumbs:. Have a great time.

I happen to use RLI for track insurance.

Bill Dearborn 02-04-2019 09:45 PM

I use Hagerty Track Insurance. I think the underwriter is RLI but I have found the insurance through Hagerty is almost always lower cost than Lockton even when I get the BMW Event Discount from Lockton. Just priced out a 3 day event at VIR through both. Lockton $464.00 and after BMW discount $423.00. Hagerty without any discount $393.00.

Bill