CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous-173/)
-   -   Single Turbo Kit/s? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous/4238843-single-turbo-kit-s.html)

Luke C7 02-04-2019 04:33 PM

Single Turbo Kit/s?

Hey there, I have done an hour or so of "single turbo" digging on google for the C7 corvette and only seem to find 2 setups. Only 1 of which is actually reasonable at $7,200+-
  • PTS Single Turbo Kit
  • CPR Single Turbo Kit
Do you of you experienced FI C7 know of any not very marketed kits? Or shops that have fabricated a single turbo kit before? The reason I ask this is because the PTS kit just doesn't appeal to me the way the manifold is ran to the compressor, looks like heat problems in the making. I liked the way Hellion did their single, but that'll never see the light of day...

Thanks!

123sugey 02-04-2019 08:01 PM

Very nice turbo setup here and a great husband and wife team. If I had not already been Procharged when this turbo setup was advertised .... it would be on my car now. Great price, service both during and after the sale

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...upra-loss.html

Earl H 02-05-2019 07:56 AM

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...yno-queen.html

chuntington101 02-05-2019 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Earl H (Post 1598820936)

just need someone to make a kit now! ;)

Earl H 02-05-2019 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by chuntington101 (Post 1598823519)

just need someone to make a kit now! ;)

Cough...ready!

zuritausmc 02-06-2019 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by 123sugey (Post 1598819099)
Very nice turbo setup here and a great husband and wife team. If I had not already been Procharged when this turbo setup was advertised .... it would be on my car now. Great price, service both during and after the sale

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...upra-loss.html

Edgyvette is awesome but the kit they sell Is PTS which the OP said didn't appeal to him

Shostopper 02-06-2019 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Earl H (Post 1598824023)

Cough...ready!

can you pm me the details on where to get the kit you have?

FYREANT 02-07-2019 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by zuritausmc (Post 1598826916)
Edgyvette is awesome but the kit they sell Is PTS which the OP said didn't appeal to him

I believe EdgyVette is going to be the only cost effective turbo solution on the market, and yes, it is a PTS turbo kit.

Ant

Cajun @ Edgyvette 02-07-2019 05:08 PM

Keep sleeping on our EV1150 package

The price for the package is going up $800 next month

EV1150 package with STOCK LT4 Long block and cam on 19.5psi = blue line

VS.

Forged 416CI, blower cam, YSi-B on 22.5psi

Both cars M7, same dyno, same day, 15 mins apart

Mic DROP!
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...a190262fe8.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...27bc56990c.jpg

Luke C7 02-07-2019 09:18 PM

Thank you for that information but it looks like it's time to dust off the welder and buy a pipe bender :D

Cajun @ Edgyvette 02-08-2019 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Luke C7 (Post 1598838759)
Thank you for that information but it looks like it's time to dust off the welder and buy a pipe bender :D

Enjoy that brother and keep us posted

douglee25 02-09-2019 07:26 AM

Why the $800 increase?

Cajun @ Edgyvette 02-09-2019 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by douglee25 (Post 1598846038)
Why the $800 increase?

Current price is near cost to get kits out there. Now that we have sold 5-7 we think it is time to slowly adjust up to a median profit price. We have also had some minor kit component price increase

Cajun @ Edgyvette 02-10-2019 08:26 AM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...ea09f1c752.jpg

douglee25 02-10-2019 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cajun @ Edgyvette (Post 1598847386)
Current price is near cost to get kits out there. Now that we have sold 5-7 we think it is time to slowly adjust up to a median profit price. We have also had some minor kit component price increase

This will come out skewed I'm sure but....Cajun - you don't fabricate these kits, correct? You're just a distributor? Median profit price? Is that the same thing as "reasonable and customary"? So just because other vendors gouge the public, you're just going to do the same as well? Maybe you'd do 3x times what you did thus far if you kept your profit margin the same? What if you sell half?

Cajun @ Edgyvette 02-10-2019 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by douglee25 (Post 1598851521)
This will come out skewed I'm sure but....Cajun - you don't fabricate these kits, correct? You're just a distributor? Median profit price? Is that the same thing as "reasonable and customary"? So just because other vendors gouge the public, you're just going to do the same as well? Maybe you'd do 3x times what you did thus far if you kept your profit margin the same? What if you sell half?

No offense taken. We make a couple of pieces in the EV1150 package, the remainder comes from PTS, GFB, BTR and Crawford Racing. Below are the parts that come with the EV1150 package (there are a couple of items that are not listed as we choose to keep those secret). If you add up the price of these parts alone you will come up with something around $16k; then add shipping. I think $13899 shipped is a pretty damn good deal. If you dont then definitely dont consider this system. Price for EV1150 will go up to $14,499 on 1 April 2019.

If you know anything about me, Bare Essentials Racing which I owned and ran as a vendor here for years, or Edgyvette my wifes business the one thing you will find for sure is that we NEVER overprice anything we sell; and we sell it all exterior, interior and performance; hence the reason we dont HAVE to sell these kits. This is a viable option for those that want to make huge power on a budget and be able to control HP/TQ from 700-1100 whp with the touch of a button.

1. PTS Single Turbo Kit/w EV custom OEM Xpipe Mod

2. G1 Pro LTx Sheet Metal Intake

3. G1 Pro Billet Fuel Rails

4. Crawford Racing CR-Fueler Holey-LTX Port Injection System

5. Crawford Racing C7 Low Side Auxillary Fuel System

6. GFB GForce II Electronic Boost Controller

7. Mighty Mouse ZO6 WILD Catch Can

8. FIC 1000cc Fuel Injectors x 8

9. EV Fuel Fittings and Hose Kit

10. Blox Vacuum Distribution Block

11. BTR LS ROCKER ARM TRUNNION KIT FOR LS7 AND GEN V LT1/4

12. BTR .660″ LIFT PLATINUM SPRING KIT WITH TITANIUM RETAINERS FOR GEN V LT4

13. BTR CHROMOLY PUSHRODS .080″ WALL , 5/16″ DIAMETER, SET OF 16

subieworx 02-12-2019 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cajun @ Edgyvette (Post 1598847386)

From someone who has been selling performance products online for 15 years I can say that I appreciate your honesty, but would never tell someone that the price is going up because I want to make more money. Doesn't tend to go over well.

FYREANT 02-12-2019 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by subieworx (Post 1598864099)
From someone who has been selling performance products online for 15 years I can say that I appreciate your honesty, but would never tell someone that the price is going up because I want to make more money. Doesn't tend to go over well.

At his current intro price I don’t think he is making ANY money on them is how I read it. If he doesn’t start to make something these kits won’t be available much longer lol

Cajun @ Edgyvette 02-12-2019 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by subieworx (Post 1598864099)

Yeah I hear you. That is one way that EV is different from everyone else. Should I lie and say that all the pieces of this kit have had price increases? Some of the pieces have, but the TRUTH is that after credit card fees and shipping we make next to nothing on this $14000 kit. I would challenge you to find any performance company anywhere that is not making at least 10% profit on products. With the price increase we will be around 6% profit after fees. Take a moment and check pricing on the parts of this kit. You will see what I am saying.

We did alot of work matching and fine tuning these kit components and added some things that are known only to EV. I cant count how many 1-1.5 hour calls i have had with customers that "wanted" these kits, then crickets. That is part of the business and I do it gladly to help others. We sell plenty of other items from wheels to cams so if these kits dont sell, at a price that will allow us to make a little profit, then so be it. People will be missing out on the best bang for the buck package for the C7 platform.

Cajun @ Edgyvette 02-12-2019 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by FYREANT (Post 1598864116)
At his current intro price I don’t think he is making ANY money on them is how I read it. If he doesn’t start to make something these kits won’t be available much longer lol

Exactly brother. What other performance shop lists EVERY single item that is in the kit thereby allowing customers to go out and source the entire package on their own. We do that because my sincere hope is that they DO try to piece this together themselves so they can find out, first hand, that we are at least $2k lower than they could negotiate for all this stuff AND they would not have me on call to answer any questions along the way