CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Could reveal be during National Corvette Caravan? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4239122-could-reveal-be-during-national-corvette-caravan.html)

Mayor111 02-05-2019 12:52 PM

Could reveal be during National Corvette Caravan?

Hey Guys - I did a search and didn't see anyone suggest that the C8 reveal might be during the 2019 National Corvette Caravan - https://www.corvettecaravan.com/

Thousands will be in attendance from all over the country - its at Bowling Green - and it's late August... Doesn't that sound like its possible?

WICKEDFRC 02-05-2019 12:54 PM

Another free post between now and the reveal.

But anything is possible!!

Sub Driver 02-05-2019 01:06 PM

Hey guys could the reveal be next Tuesday at an Outback Steak House? I've researched and some have pretty big parking lots and an awesome bloomin onion.

Mayor111 02-05-2019 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sub Driver (Post 1598822776)
Hey guys could the reveal be next Tuesday at an Outback Steak House? I've researched and some have pretty big parking lots and an awesome bloomin onion.

Don't do that - I just asked if it could it be possible...

ojm 02-05-2019 01:15 PM

Hope GM let's us at least know about the C7 for 2020 bunch of dipsticks at GM.

Plexoer 02-05-2019 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by ojm (Post 1598822820)
Hope GM let's us at least know about the C7 for 2020 bunch of dipsticks at GM.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...f8a2944324.png

Roscoe Primrose 02-05-2019 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mayor111 (Post 1598822803)
Don't do that - I just asked if it could it be possible...

If recent activity is any indication, being a dick is required to post in the C8 section...

Sub Driver 02-05-2019 01:29 PM

So is posting useless threads over and over again.

Jeff V. 02-05-2019 01:31 PM

Possible? Sure. It's also possible aliens will drop out of the sky and vaporize Detroit, Warren and Milford to do humanity a favor by putting a stop to all this ridiculous, baseless speculation.

So sure, it's possible. But is it likely? Sadly, no.

Mayor111 02-05-2019 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sub Driver (Post 1598822918)
So is posting useless threads over and over again.

I did a search here and didn't see anyone start a post about the National Caravan being a possible reveal... When a post (like your's) does not offer any help - THAT is called useless...

Jeff V. 02-05-2019 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sub Driver (Post 1598822776)

This is closer than Outback, has a bigger parking lot. They can do the reveal there and then invite everyone inside to watch the Sebring race on all those big TVs. GM would be foolish to miss such an opportunity right in their own back yard.

Mayor111 02-05-2019 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff V. (Post 1598823031)
This is closer than Outback, has a bigger parking lot. They can do the reveal there and then invite everyone inside to watch the Sebring race on all those big TVs. GM would be foolish to miss such an opportunity right in their own back yard.

Jeff - any reason your being a dick now? I didn't speculate or say I have proof - just asked a question...

Sub Driver 02-05-2019 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff V. (Post 1598823031)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gene...2!2d42.5077188

You are absolutely right! Quick, start a new thread so everyone can comment on the newest guess at the reveal location.

mschuyler 02-05-2019 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mayor111 (Post 1598822940)
I did a search here and didn't see anyone start a post about the National Caravan being a possible reveal...

That's because it's pretty silly, hence people making fun of it. Only you are taking it seriously, then getting angry at people calling you out. Think about it. Do you believe GM would choose an esoteric, out-of-the-way, cultish venue of a few Corvette enthusiasts to showcase a new-generation revolutionary flagship car for the entire company? The C1 was big because it was the first one. The C2 was big because it was such a radical change. The C8 is the biggest radical change since then. It's not just incremental like the C6 to the C7. This is huge.

Do you think mainstream journalists would beat a path to Bowling Green's door? I mean, the NCM is a nice little museum, to be sure, and the "Caravan" is a Corvette tradition, though shared by very few Corvette owners and completely unknown by others, but it isn't exactly a world-wide venue like New York, or LA, or even Dubai because it can't host a reveal with any kind of style. The infrastructure just isn't there. It's neither big enough nor flashy enough to create a sufficient amount of buzz to make anyone take notice. The NCM isn't big enough. Where are they going to do it? At the local Drury Inn off the Interstate? Because here's the thing: GM is not marketing to a few Corvette enthusiasts. It's attempting to cast a much wider net to capture new people who are not currently fans of Corvette. This is not only "car people" but the country and world as a whole. It's not marketing Corvette to Corvette Forum; it's marketing GM to the world.

And if GM were to do as you suggest, every PR firm in the world would be rolling its collective eyes and saying, "GM has lost it. Rather than take the high road and making a statement, it's slumming in some no-account place inhabited by a few Corvette Crazy people. GM cannot be serious." From a marketing standpoint it would be the absolute worst thing GM could do. It would make GM a laughingstock. And that's why you are not being taken seriously.

Speednet 02-05-2019 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by mschuyler (Post 1598823245)
That's because it's pretty silly, hence people making fun of it. Only you are taking it seriously, then getting angry at people calling you out. Think about it. Do you believe GM would choose an esoteric, out-of-the-way, cultish venue of a few Corvette enthusiasts to showcase a new-generation revolutionary flagship car for the entire company? The C1 was big because it was the first one. The C2 was big because it was such a radical change. The C8 is the biggest radical change since then. It's not just incremental like the C6 to the C7. This is huge.

Do you think mainstream journalists would beat a path to Bowling Green's door? I mean, the NCM is a nice little museum, to be sure, and the "Caravan" is a Corvette tradition, though shared by very few Corvette owners and completely unknown by others, but it isn't exactly a world-wide venue like New York, or LA, or even Dubai because it can't host a reveal with any kind of style. The infrastructure just isn't there. It's neither big enough nor flashy enough to create a sufficient amount of buzz to make anyone take notice. The NCM isn't big enough. Where are they going to do it? At the local Drury Inn off the Interstate? Because here's the thing: GM is not marketing to a few Corvette enthusiasts. It's attempting to cast a much wider net to capture new people who are not currently fans of Corvette. This is not only "car people" but the country and world as a whole. It's not marketing Corvette to Corvette Forum; it's marketing GM to the world.

And if GM were to do as you suggest, every PR firm in the world would be rolling its collective eyes and saying, "GM has lost it. Rather than take the high road and making a statement, it's slumming in some no-account place inhabited by a few Corvette Crazy people. GM cannot be serious." From a marketing standpoint it would be the absolute worst thing GM could do. It would make GM a laughingstock. And that's why you are not being taken seriously.

You're absolutely right, and you're a trooper for taking the time and effort to put all of that into writing. I think everyone else making fun of this thread is assuming that the OP infers all of those things, but judging from his response he wasn't able to piece it together. So good on you for painstakingly spelling it out for him.

jimmyb 02-05-2019 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mayor111 (Post 1598822693)
Hey Guys - I did a search and didn't see anyone suggest that the C8 reveal might be during the 2019 National Corvette Caravan - https://www.corvettecaravan.com/

Thousands will be in attendance from all over the country - its at Bowling Green - and it's late August... Doesn't that sound like its possible?

No. Why would you release the arguably most important car in the marque's 65+ years to the captured audience that will probably buy it anyway?

colo63sw 02-05-2019 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by mschuyler (Post 1598823245)

:iagree:
And the timing will be at the last possible minuet, because GM knows the 8 announcement will instantly kill C7 sales.

Foosh 02-05-2019 04:24 PM

^
Actually, the reveal could well increase C7 sales because some will find the ME polarizing. When the C7 was introduced, last year C6 sales ticked up because many found the C7 design polarizing.

vndkshn 02-05-2019 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1598824066)
^
Actually, the reveal could well increase C7 sales because some will find the ME polarizing. When the C7 was introduced, last year C6 sales ticked up because many found the C7 design polarizing.

Been saying the same thing the entire time. Especially if there is a price jump.

roadbike56 02-05-2019 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mayor111 (Post 1598822693)

No, that's not going to happen. However, if the C8 is revealed before the 2019 Caravan, it might be on display at the Museum well before any dealers have the ca during the time the caravan is there.