CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Extra accessories (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/4239627-extra-accessories.html)

Rctreece 02-06-2019 09:36 PM

Extra accessories

So I found a new GM wheel lock set and a new Corvette battery charger in the rear compartment of my new ZO6. Neither is listed on the window sticker. Do these item just come with the cars?

tzoid9 02-06-2019 09:45 PM

It seems many/most dealerships include these options when you buy a new Z06, ordered or in dealer inventory. They are added to your order form, or in my case they were on both the 2016 and the 2018 I bought new, from two different dealers in two different states. So to answer your question, you are paying for them. I wouldn't complain about either of them, they're both worthy options for the car.

Rctreece 02-06-2019 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by tzoid9 (Post 1598832561)
It seems many/most dealerships include these options when you buy a new Z06, ordered or in dealer inventory. They are added to your order form, or in my case they were on both the 2016 and the 2018 I bought new, from two different dealers in two different states. So to answer your question, you are paying for them. I wouldn't complain about either of them, they're both worthy options for the car.

Not complaining but just didn’t see them priced anywhere

tzoid9 02-06-2019 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rctreece (Post 1598832688)

Not complaining but just didn’t see them priced anywhere

If you can't see them on the work sheet, he buried them on the Base Price of the car. I probably used the wrong word when I said "complaining"....sorry about that. What I should have said is that both are valued options and I'd tell you that they are well worth the cost.

Rctreece 02-09-2019 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by tzoid9 (Post 1598832827)
If you can't see them on the work sheet, he buried them on the Base Price of the car. I probably used the wrong word when I said "complaining"....sorry about that. What I should have said is that both are valued options and I'd tell you that they are well worth the cost.

You might be correct but he did a good job as I had a price war going on between my dealer and another on pretty much the same car. I think they were left unintentionally and I am going to call them on Monday

RegnaR 02-10-2019 12:22 AM

I was given both with my car although the wheel locks are aftermarket.

tzoid9 02-10-2019 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by RegnaR (Post 1598850893)
I was given both with my car although the wheel locks are aftermarket.

Both the wheel locks and the battery tender are after market, or maybe better said, farmed out to another manufacturer's product and sometimes labeled GM (like the Ctek battery charger). After market stuff has gotten a bad name in many cases in the automotive world. In numerous cases, the after market products are superior to the OEM equivalent. In the specific items here, at least what I was provided with my new Z, both of these products are high quality..

MSG C5 02-10-2019 11:23 AM

Both the wheel locks and battery charger are GM accessories and can be ordered by the buyer or the dealership. I ordered my 2019 Z06/Z07 without either GM accessory as I planned to add McGards lock nut and lugs to the Foregline wheels I installed. I also purchased the CTEK 3300 with comfort connect plug accessory specifically for the C7Z as the CTEK I've used for my C5 vert has done very well over the years.

If you got them with the car, great deal. However, you can usually save 50% by ordering direct vs. the GM markup.

RegnaR 02-10-2019 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by tzoid9 (Post 1598851903)
Both the wheel locks and the battery tender are after market, or maybe better said, farmed out to another manufacturer's product and sometimes labeled GM (like the Ctek battery charger). After market stuff has gotten a bad name in many cases in the automotive world. In numerous cases, the after market products are superior to the OEM equivalent. In the specific items here, at least what I was provided with my new Z, both of these products are high quality..

I had to sign a paper that the wheel locks on the car were aftermarket and not a GM part. Yes GM contracts other companies to produce GM approved parts. Yes the wheel locks are high quality since that's what the manufacturer is known for producing.

Neither of the items were on the sale sheet. I still have my c6 trickle charger in the garage too.

mdolandese 02-10-2019 05:22 PM

My wheel locks and battery maintainer didn't come with my 2019 Z. I had to pay for them at an additional cost

Bill Dearborn 02-11-2019 11:42 AM

My car didn't come with wheel locks but it did have the optional battery saver package (charger) which I have used twice in three years.

The wheel locks are pretty much useless. If a thief wants your wheels it doesn't take them any longer to remove the wheels with locks than it does wheels without locks. There are plenty of tool sets available on line that provide the capability to remove locking lug nuts with no issues.

Bill

RegnaR 02-11-2019 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn (Post 1598858322)
My car didn't come with wheel locks but it did have the optional battery saver package (charger) which I have used twice in three years.

The wheel locks are pretty much useless. If a thief wants your wheels it doesn't take them any longer to remove the wheels with locks than it does wheels without locks. There are plenty of tool sets available on line that provide the capability to remove locking lug nuts with no issues.

Bill

IDK I have seen plenty of cars without wheels locks sitting on cinder blocks or a rock while cars with them still have wheels. Granted this was mostly Honda/Toyotas

Rctreece 02-25-2019 12:49 PM

Talked to the dealer and they did not add them and didnt know how the ended up in the car. Told me to keep and enjoy them.