CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Main Cat Delete O2 Sensor Help (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/4240473-main-cat-delete-o2-sensor-help.html)

Dwilly 02-09-2019 01:37 PM

Main Cat Delete O2 Sensor Help

Guys- Just received my main cat delete pipes from Norcal SS, they look great and ready to install.
I have read this FULL post and seeing many different ways to keep the CEL from coming on.
Looking for a PROVEN option to keep the CEL from coming on besides the obvious of tuning, whether it’s the angle bid daddies or anti-foul.......
Please let me know what you used and how many miles without getting the CEL.
Thanks

spoolin98 02-09-2019 07:40 PM

I'm actually in the same boat. Just received my pipes last week and they are at my buddies shop getting ceramic coated now. I ordered the big daddies 90* fittings.
I did a ton of reading and I only recall 1 person saying they didn't work. I'm pretty sure the only PROVEN way it to tune the car...

Dwilly 02-09-2019 07:49 PM

I hear ya, ton of reading!! Lol
Still under warranty so not wanting a tune yet!!
Hopefully a few more people chime in with their working results. Thanks and stay in contact!!👍

spoolin98 02-09-2019 07:59 PM

My car is stored for the winter so I wont know if it throws a CEL or not until spring. If it does, I plan on removing the big daddies and welding the hole closed, then drilling a smaller hole.
I also do not want to tune yet.

Dwilly 02-09-2019 08:04 PM

Same here, on the lift till spring. South Dakota 😕

salcolkat 02-10-2019 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dwilly (Post 1598847893)
Guys- Just received my main cat delete pipes from Norcal SS, they look great and ready to install.
I have read this FULL post and seeing many different ways to keep the CEL from coming on.
Looking for a PROVEN option to keep the CEL from coming on besides the obvious of tuning, whether it’s the angle bid daddies or anti-foul.......
Please let me know what you used and how many miles without getting the CEL.
Thanks

Big daddy 90 degree cell fix installed last summer 2000 miles no cell yet. The driver side faces forward and passenger fits best facing rearward.

Dwilly 02-10-2019 10:09 PM

Awesome and thanks for the tip!!

Dabigsnake 02-11-2019 02:31 AM

normal pipes on order. How many Big daddies do I need? Haven't been under there yet.
Should I get a fresh inspection sticker before installing? I would think it would not pass the sniffer without converters?

Thanks

Amirns 02-11-2019 03:15 AM

big daddies 90 degree solved the problem with afe cat delete pipes (similar to norcal ss)

salcolkat 02-11-2019 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dabigsnake (Post 1598856528)
normal pipes on order. How many Big daddies do I need? Haven't been under there yet.
Should I get a fresh inspection sticker before installing? I would think it would not pass the sniffer without converters?

Thanks

2, one on each side. I was told by my mechanic who knows i have the cats deleted that the emission inspection in NY is read by a computer and not a sniffer, therefore he thinks that if the bid daddy's trick the o2 sensor then it will pass the emission test. I have not had an inspection yet so we will see.