CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   National Corvette Museum (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/4240720-national-corvette-museum.html)

JimInPA 02-10-2019 09:25 AM

National Corvette Museum

My first trip to the National Corvette Museum. Every Vette enthusiast should get there at least once.

This is a little video tour of the place. A mix of all generations. Looking down the sinkhole was just eeeerie. What an awesome place!

speedreed8 02-10-2019 09:44 AM

Great video.! Thanks. Hope to go there too

Douglas Mariani 02-10-2019 09:59 AM

Great video :thumbs: Thanks for sharing.

HeadsU.P. 02-10-2019 10:00 AM

Very nice video. I was impressed when I was there also. I recall a short film shown in a theater about twice an hour and a nice gift shop also.
The only part I question is the wrecks from the hole. Not sure people would want to pay to see junked-out Vettes that you can see at a junkyard. Just seems like they are taking up valuable space. But I'm into shiny Vettes and not scrapped out ones.

Over-all the museum is a must see if you have any interest in Vettes and you can see the factory across the road. You would think there would be more classic Vette dealers / parts vendors around the museum area as I only saw one.

Big2Bird 02-10-2019 02:31 PM

When I went there 2 years ago, the curator told me visitor count tripled after the sink hole. So the sink hole saved it financially.

Jstan2014 02-10-2019 04:01 PM

Thanks for sharing the video. I've never been, but I'd love to go some day...

lowbuck72 02-11-2019 11:55 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...7de2f92d6b.jpg
Nice video, brought back memories of when we went there

drwet 02-12-2019 09:55 PM

I visited the museum last summer and I agree. Its someplace every Corvette enthusiast needs to visit. With that said, I remember thinking it was designed for those who don't know anything about Corvettes. If you are knowledgeable you will find a lot of it pretty lame, and you will find a few mistakes as well.

JimInPA 02-13-2019 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by drwet (Post 1598869007)
I visited the museum last summer and I agree. Its someplace every Corvette enthusiast needs to visit. With that said, I remember thinking it was designed for those who don't know anything about Corvettes. If you are knowledgeable you will find a lot of it pretty lame, and you will find a few mistakes as well.

I didn't see any mistakes- but then I am an average enthusiast- I probably don't know nearly as much about Vettes as you. I'll be back again this summer and on the lookout for errors. Care to share?

kdr3 02-14-2019 12:52 PM

Jim Thanks for the Mini Tour.....

Jim,

As a longtime Corvette fan I loved the video and do agree everyone should visit... I'm planing a trip out soon .....

Thank You:flag:

73n95 02-14-2019 03:11 PM

We make a pilgrimage to the Corvette Museum every couple of years. Coupled with a tour of the GM assembly plant (opening soon?) it makes for a great trek. Hopefully the revised plant tour will be as good as before. We drive from Wisconsin and make a 4 day weekend of it, touring the various caves and distilliaries in the area. This is one of those "must do" things for any Corvette enthusiast.

drwet 02-14-2019 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by JimInPA (Post 1598874817)
I didn't see any mistakes- but then I am an average enthusiast- I probably don't know nearly as much about Vettes as you. I'll be back again this summer and on the lookout for errors. Care to share?

My OCD is bad enough that I found mistakes but not so bad that I remember what they were seven months after the fact. :ack:

OBX C3 02-14-2019 10:11 PM

Great video. I am planing a trip up this fall . That is if I have our vette finished by then .
I had a chance to go this past November, but was driveing my van back from Pa. And figured I would wait until I could take the vette back home to visit.
O and for anyone interested the old van is a 1965 chevy 4x4 350/350 .

JimInPA 02-20-2019 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by OBX C3 (Post 1598881127)
I am planing a trip up this fall . That is if I have our vette finished by then .
I had a chance to go this past November, but was driveing my van back from Pa. And figured I would wait until I could take the vette back home to visit.
O and for anyone interested the old van is a 1965 chevy 4x4 350/350 .
https://youtu.be/rQTm7UwhFg0

Take the Van!

cheapta 02-20-2019 09:21 PM

I was lucky enough to visit last fall. The high point for me was the 2 Greenwood C3 racecars that were on display. To me those cars are the epitome of all C3 racecars and I was thrilled to see them there. I must have stood there for half an hour just soaking up details. Those cars made the whole trip worthwhile. Glad you enjoyed your visit, I hope to get there again before too long.

JimInPA 02-23-2019 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by cheapta (Post 1598917779)
I was lucky enough to visit last fall. The high point for me was the 2 Greenwood C3 racecars that were on display. To me those cars are the epitome of all C3 racecars and I was thrilled to see them there. I must have stood there for half an hour just soaking up details. Those cars made the whole trip worthwhile. Glad you enjoyed your visit, I hope to get there again before too long.

I'll be back in August. I hope the plant tours resume by then.