CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Autocrossing & Roadracing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing-23/)
-   -   Nascar (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/4240908-nascar.html)

2008 Corvette 02-10-2019 06:41 PM

Nascar

Ass hole move by Jimmy Johnson today. Enough said.

LowRyter 02-10-2019 06:44 PM

Chevy wins.

When does Indycar start? I am ready for racing.

Vet Interested 02-10-2019 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2008 Corvette (Post 1598854803)

That is how most restrictor plate races end. Oh well.....

saplumr 02-10-2019 07:34 PM

Without any star power nascar watchers are dwindling. Me included.

HBsurfer 02-10-2019 07:43 PM

Segments and lucky dog are the two dumbest rules in the history of racing. Nascar should call these things contests now because this is not a race.
Painting seats different colors so it looks le there are people there is another pathetic move.

ontime 02-10-2019 08:24 PM

There was a race today oops missed it was too busy looking for a place that has a machine to mount C7 grand sport tires without damaging the wheels. You are so right on dwindling fan base. I have scaled back my attendance too. 3 races a year here in Florida and now I only do one in November and usually wind up sleeping in my seat for that too. I like the segments but I had suggested at the end of the first segment the bottom third goes to the trailers and the next segment the bottom half goes.I f I knew I could be sent home after the first or second segment I would be running people over to stay in the race. Might make it interesting. Cant wait for Grand Prix race in St. Pete coming soon.

saplumr 02-10-2019 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by ontime (Post 1598855415)
There was a race today oops missed it was too busy looking for a place that has a machine to mount C7 grand sport tires without damaging the wheels. You are so right on dwindling fan base. I have scaled back my attendance too. 3 races a year here in Florida and now I only do one in November and usually wind up sleeping in my seat for that too. I like the segments but I had suggested at the end of the first segment the bottom third goes to the trailers and the next segment the bottom half goes.I f I knew I could be sent home after the first or second segment I would be running people over to stay in the race. Might make it interesting. Cant wait for Grand Prix race in St. Pete coming soon.

The only way I knew it was on was due to the fact it was delaying NHRA.

dmaxx3500 02-10-2019 08:35 PM

whats NASCAR?????????????????????????????????? ???

jbc1995fb 02-10-2019 10:56 PM

I was hoping to see NASCAR was racing C6’s. But nope. The Super Bowl was bad ass though. Go patriots. I’m glad the NBA is finally picking up. I hope someone can knock off the warriors.

BackInBlack05 02-10-2019 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by HBsurfer (Post 1598855163)
Segments and lucky dog are the two dumbest rules in the history of racing. Nascar should call these things contests now because this is not a race.
Painting seats different colors so it looks le there are people there is another pathetic move.

I don't mind the "lucky dog". There was some pretty egregious stuff racing back to the S/F under yellow prior.

The segment thing is full potato.

Landru 02-11-2019 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by saplumr (Post 1598855103)
Without any star power nascar watchers are dwindling. Me included.

:iagree:
Punk France & his sister have no one to blame but themselves.

Last time I watched a race there were *3* "competition cautions' to allow all to come in for tires/fuel.
Apparently it's a rule now occurring in all races. :crazy:
Crew chiefs and their strategies are out the window in lieu of safety?
How exciting. :lol:

Big Bill has to be spinning in his grave.

Cardinal Flyer 02-11-2019 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Landru (Post 1598857609)
Punk France & his sister have no one to blame but themselves.

Last time I watched a race there were *3* "competition cautions' to allow all to come in for tires/fuel.
Apparently it's a rule now occurring in all races. :crazy:
Crew chiefs and their strategies are out the window in lieu of safety?
How exciting. :lol:

Big Bill has to be spinning in his grave.

windyC6 02-11-2019 10:29 AM

Lets face it....racing, and esp. oval racing of any kind has always been an "Acquired Taste". Unless someone races them self, or has a racing background and realizes whats actually involved, it gets a little boring watching cars go round in a circle making only left turns for 2 - 3 hours, and sometimes maybe more. Nascar has made this even worse with their futile attempt to make the sport something it really isn't. From the people in the booths trying to do a play-by-play (so-to-speak), to all the techno info from the sidelines they try to convey that 95% of the fans don't have a clue about. And there are the fans. 95% of them probably don't even know what wedge or camber is/does in relation to a race car. Most fans are there to drink and act crazy for a few hours. I've been to Daytona twice and while it was a spectical and interesting, (for a while), after you've witnessed it for more than hour or so it gets a little boring until the crashes occur. Everyone needs to go to a high speed Nascar race at least once in their life just to get a grasp on the actual speeds that are involved and that glorious noise of all that high horse power, but the way they are trying to make a super sport out of it just ain't working.

jrose7004 02-11-2019 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by HBsurfer (Post 1598855163)

They don't have any trouble filling the seats for the Daytona 500, it's a sellout. Besides the seats there have always been multi colored.

The Kraken 02-11-2019 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by 2008 Corvette (Post 1598854803)

then that cheese dick cant even own up that it was his mistake!! jerk off.

hawkgfr 02-11-2019 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by jrose7004 (Post 1598858195)
They don't have any trouble filling the seats for the Daytona 500, it's a sellout. Besides the seats there have always been multi colored.

No it hasn't sold out in years...even after they've removed 30k seats or more...(they don't tell you that) Bristol was the toughest ticket to get foe decades and now you can get good seats at either
race on race day at the ticket booth...

Nascar screwed the loyal fans for the snowflakes and millennials and the attention span for them is about 5 seconds...The loyal fans took their money and went home.

Thankfully we still have good racing on dirt.

moose.b3 02-11-2019 12:19 PM

It was a sleep fest until the crash. Restrictor plate races are the worst, until the "Big One". The Daytona 500 is a fast forward event on Tivo any more.

Corvette_Ed 02-11-2019 12:23 PM

I'd rather watch the Rolex 24 or 24H at Daytona than a Nascar race. Much more interesting, and a whole lot more going on.

Sox-Fan 02-11-2019 03:15 PM

If by always you mean since 2015, then sure.
https://headlinesurfer.com/content/4...ona-internatio

It's not a sellout, hasn't been in years. Hell, they removed the entire set of stands from the backstretch because they couldn't sell them.

I'm hoping that with that drunk ass Brain France gone from the picture and his uncle Jim France in change things might improve. They already fixed the whole "take the cars back to the tech center and maybe by Wednesday we will know who won" crap. They're going back to tearing the winning cars down right at the track as they used to. That's a step in the right direction. Now if they get the aero issues with these Gen 6 cars fixed so the racing is good again, they might have something.

HBsurfer 02-11-2019 08:25 PM

Those seats have not always been multi colored. 5 years tops. Painted to make it look like people are sitting there. Fact.
:crazy2: