CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   1973-74 NCRS Revised Judging Manual (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/4241099-1973-74-ncrs-revised-judging-manual.html)

hunt4cleanair 02-11-2019 11:00 AM

1973-74 NCRS Revised Judging Manual

Just got word that the NCRS 1973-74 3rd edition of its technical information and judging manual, and a major revision will be at the NCRS table in Lakeland next week. The new edition is 256 pages, over 670 colored photos and schematics and pages are laminated. A team of 22 have worked on it for the past 18 months. A number of original cars were used to both photograph and check various discrepancies, still a limited survey but the technical detail captured numerous running production changes. The takeaway lesson is that there are no absolutes with Corvette 1970s production!

Easy Mike 02-11-2019 11:30 AM

Good news.
:thumbs:

Blue73Shark 02-11-2019 04:58 PM

I too am looking forward to it’s release. It is a fantastic addition to any corvette owner’s library.
I know Forum member Tooch1 (Jimmy) was very involved in this revision. Others may have been part of the group too.
It would be great for them to “stand up” so we 73-74 owners (among others) can thank them for their volunteer hours.
Fran

Tooch1 02-13-2019 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Blue73Shark (Post 1598860632)
I too am looking forward to it’s release. It is a fantastic addition to any corvette owner’s library.
I know Forum member Tooch1 (Jimmy) was very involved in this revision. Others may have been part of the group too.
It would be great for them to “stand up” so we 73-74 owners (among others) can thank them for their volunteer hours.
Fran

Thanks for the shout out Fran,
As Tom mentioned we had a great team of 73-74 owners who stepped up to the plate to help make this 3rd Edition one of the best TIM&JG's to date, not just for the Restorer hoping to have his/ her car Flight Judged but for the owner who just wants to learn about their 73 & 74 Corvette. NCRS team members will have their names listed inside the Manual. These guys share our same passion for the 73 and 74 Corvettes!

Fran, I would personally like to thank you for always being there to answer a question or provide photos when I asked. Also, I would like to especially thank another CF member and original '73 owner DONNIE73 for his help with originality questions and photos as well. He would go out to his garage and dig up any original part from his car I was asking about to either find a part number or send a photo of it! It never ceases to amaze me how willing Corvette owners are to share information about their cars. Members on this forum are truly a testament to that! "ITS NOT ABOUT THE CARS ITS ABOUT THE PEOPLE !"
Jimmy:thumbs:

Auggievf 02-13-2019 01:11 PM

Thanks for the effort that went into this book. Looking forward to it becoming available for purchase. I'll start lining up now....