CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   So what do you think about the audio system? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4241345-so-what-do-you-think-about-the-audio-system.html)

jamesw2066 02-11-2019 09:57 PM

So what do you think about the audio system?

So what do you think about the audio system?
I recently redid my 1999 Tahoe which was part of the justification of buying the car, I didn’t buy a new truck. I did however replace all the leather, carpet and upgraded with an alpine head unit, new kicker speakers/ subs throughout and a five channel amp. that audio system in my truck sounds fantastic. I do high end residential A/V systems for a living and can honestly say I’m not impressed with the audio quality of the Car. Now mind you I didn’t buy the car to listen to music but just a little curious what everyone else thought about their system. I was talking with my car audio guy today and bose makes an in-line tuner module that installs on the output of our stock head unit, and an additional amp is installed and you can the tune the audio system with an app. Has anybody done this yet?

Dan Massie 02-12-2019 08:21 AM

I think the system is adequate. But really, I just like to hear the exhaust. Turning on Bose Audiopilot is necessary for me with the top down. I'm a fan of high end audio, but the LT5 notes are more satisfying.

2019 ZR1 02-12-2019 09:55 AM

I think it is decent but would like to get a little more out of it. I was going to do some work to my 16 Z06 but decided to put the money into making it faster instead. I'm not sure what I'm going to do to this one yet.

hcvone 02-12-2019 10:03 AM

It's ok on XM or off my phone, but I spend most of the time listening to the Akrapovic exhaust, good tunes. ;)

jamesw2066 02-12-2019 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by hcvone (Post 1598864239)
It's ok on XM or off my phone, but I spend most of the time listening to the Akrapovic exhaust, good tunes. ;)

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the exhaust as much as anyone else but I also enjoy quality music, it’s my profession so it’s Kind of in my blood. I will likely do the mod relatively soon I was talking about. I also need the music loud enough so I don’t hear my wife talking when I’m driving, as she’s mostly saying holy shi&@$ what are you doing. LOL

2019 ZR1 02-12-2019 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by hcvone (Post 1598864239)

Can't wait to get the Akrapovic exhaust installed on mine. I had it on my 2013 Z06 and my 2016 Z06. Can't be the sound..

duanesZ06 02-12-2019 11:00 AM

Well I have a high tech recording studio and have been a musician and studio engineer for 40 years or more. So I know high fidelity and how great gear sounds I even remaster some music to ride with but the bottom line is the sound system in the ZR1 is just OK, nothing great which I can live with, I love the LT5 note it really is great especially with the targa off.

Rinaldo Catria 02-12-2019 11:28 AM

It has an audio system?

SouthernSon 02-12-2019 11:55 AM

In the 2 months and 800 miles or so that I have owned it I have turned on the radio exactly twice. I like the sound of the engine much better.

jamesw2066 02-12-2019 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by SouthernSon (Post 1598865060)
In the 2 months and 800 miles or so that I have owned it I have turned on the radio exactly twice. I like the sound of the engine much better.

I hear all you guys... but my 72 has open side pipes, the Road King is obnoxiously loud that i own and so is my Street Glide. So sometimes I just want to cruise with some good tunes. Just expected a little more......

jamesw2066 02-12-2019 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by SouthernSon (Post 1598865060)

I hear all you guys and gals... but my 72 has open side pipes, the Road King is obnoxiously loud that i own and so is my Street Glide. So sometimes I just want to cruise with some good tunes. Just expected a little more......