CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous-173/)
-   -   Baro Breakout? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous/4242878-baro-breakout.html)

jeffinavette 02-16-2019 04:28 PM

Baro Breakout?

I知 wondering if I知 gonna need one. I have a a8 with stock manifolds and a x pipe. I知 installing a A&A kit with a 3.8 pulley. No meth. No e85. No fuel upgrades currently.

robert miller 02-17-2019 05:24 PM

ttt

Originally Posted by jeffinavette (Post 1598891026)
I知 wondering if I知 gonna need one. I have a a8 with stock manifolds and a x pipe. I知 installing a A&A kit with a 3.8 pulley. No meth. No e85. No fuel upgrades currently.

It is only like 55.00 get it. Robert

jeffinavette 02-17-2019 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by robert miller (Post 1598896924)
It is only like 55.00 get it. Robert

whats the benefit? I was told I didn稚 need it from my tuner

Higgs Boson 02-17-2019 10:33 PM

yes you need it, I even run one on my C7Z for consistency.

the baro is in the maf and when you boost a stingray the baro sensor sees boost also which means it becomes inaccurate. since the speed density/volumetric efficiency airflow model uses Pressure Ratio (map divided by baro) instead of just map like older cars, it will be inaccurate.

even if the tune is set as maf only, the ecm still uses the VE table(s) for torque calculation so it needs to be properly tuned also, and at that point you might as well use both VE and MAF like GM does.

robert miller 02-17-2019 10:59 PM

ttt

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson (Post 1598898535)
yes you need it, I even run one on my C7Z for consistency.

the baro is in the maf and when you boost a stingray the baro sensor sees boost also which means it becomes inaccurate. since the speed density/volumetric efficiency airflow model uses Pressure Ratio (map divided by baro) instead of just map like older cars, it will be inaccurate.

even if the tune is set as maf only, the ecm still uses the VE table(s) for torque calculation so it needs to be properly tuned also, and at that point you might as well use both VE and MAF like GM does.

I agree this c7 is not like the c5 & c6 set up almost every thing is diff. ARE diff to the point IF A PERSON that is doing the tuning on your car dont know this I really would get me a NEW tuner with a blower on your car.. You could have a blown motor for sure with no meth & someone that really dont know what he is doing on this tune on a c7.. I really cant believe he told you that with a blower. Robert

jeffinavette 02-18-2019 12:53 PM

I bought the breakout from weapon x

robert miller 02-18-2019 10:38 PM

ttt

Originally Posted by jeffinavette (Post 1598901062)
I bought the breakout from weapon x

With a blower on the car & which ever tuner says you didnt need one I would get me a new tuner plus I would put meth on the car also. If no more than for INSurance to feed & keep the IAT temps down & not for gain of HP.. Robert