CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Autocrossing & Roadracing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing-23/)
-   -   Aim SoloDL gear indicator for C7 - anyone have it working?? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/4242920-aim-solodl-gear-indicator-for-c7-anyone-have-it-working.html)

NiceGuySanti 02-16-2019 07:13 PM

Aim SoloDL gear indicator for C7 - anyone have it working??

I finally got around to get my Aim Solo DL and aim Smartycam working (for the most part) on my C7. The only thing that I am having problems with is the gear indicator, has anyone been able to pick up the gear signal from OBDII and have it show up on the Aim data? I know it has an option for the unit to calibrate itself and display via speed and rpm but this calibration process is a PITA and I am trying to avoid this if possible.

w00tw00t 02-17-2019 12:13 AM

I tried and it didn't work me also.. :( ... guess calculated gear is the only way..

Poor-sha 02-17-2019 08:57 AM

Theres an Aim Sports Users Group on FB. I bet Peter Krause or one of the folks there knows.

NiceGuySanti 02-17-2019 06:00 PM

I am in that group, I asked last night and Peter Krause replied stating that he believes that the gear indicator should work straight from OBDII. I still cannot get it to work. He also linked to a PDF that I had been using to try to have the unit learn the gearing but that also does not work. I am going to try with a friends unit and see if the problem lies in my car or on my Aim.

cemaykan 04-02-2019 03:53 PM

Hi there, i had a quick question for you:

I recently purchased the SOLO DL2 and I can't get it to pick up any signals from the ECU.
This is for a 2017 C7 Grand Sport.

I had picked the C& Stingray from ECU list and Transferred (save on the device) but i don't get anything.
Could this be because Grand Sport is slightly different from Stingray or could there be a simple gotcha i'm missing?

I would have thought once i configure the ECU it should just plug'n'play?

fleming23 04-02-2019 04:09 PM

Just checked all my data and it shows "0" for ECU gear as though the information is not transmitting, both in my Solo DL, and Solo 2 DL.

NiceGuySanti 04-02-2019 04:39 PM

I see you asked on the FB group - you are in good hands there....
The protocol you selected is the correct one - did you buy the unit new? I would check the cable starting with the pins, making sure they are all straight. If the unit was purchased used I would try a new cable once you verify that your protocols are set properly.

Originally Posted by cemaykan (Post 1599156035)
Hi there, i had a quick question for you:

I recently purchased the SOLO DL2 and I can't get it to pick up any signals from the ECU.
This is for a 2017 C7 Grand Sport.

I had picked the C& Stingray from ECU list and Transferred (save on the device) but i don't get anything.
Could this be because Grand Sport is slightly different from Stingray or could there be a simple gotcha i'm missing?

I would have thought once i configure the ECU it should just plug'n'play?

Poor-sha 04-02-2019 06:30 PM

Yeah, that same protocol worked fine on my C7 Z06s and the C7 ZR1. I haven't tried it yet on the Grand Sport but will give it a try.