CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   2 golf bag luggage space? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4242994-2-golf-bag-luggage-space.html)

millpond 02-17-2019 12:48 AM

2 golf bag luggage space?

Is the 2 golf bag space reguirement a deal breaker for you on the C8? For me it's not since I don't give a rats behind about golf.
Give me space for a couple of carry-ons, and I will be happy.
What say you?

WICKEDFRC 02-17-2019 12:52 AM

Don't even play golf so I couldn't care any less.

KnightDriveTV 02-17-2019 01:04 AM

Storage will always play into a purchase decision for people. If the C8 is truly only going to be mid-engine, and come with a limited storage compartment, then GM is really going to be betting that their data leads them correctly. I think while many on this forum seem to think their Corvettes are these garage toy, third or fourth cars, I have met many people who daily Corvettes and do so because of the GT car practicality. My first Corvette was a C4 and my clubs in the passenger seat were a pain, so C5 and after...yeah, I've done golf clubs, grocery shopping, home depot runs, you name it.

Many will say they don't care, but just like the roof coming off, just like an automatic, storage space is a factor for some buyers...I'd argue the buyers that GM wants most...younger, DINK's, etc...guys who would use the storage space vs retirees that put 700 miles on it per yr.

millpond 02-17-2019 01:05 AM

Glad to see you know the difference between " I couldn't care less" and "I could care less".

JerryU 02-17-2019 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by millpond (Post 1598893329)
Is the 2 golf bag space reguirement a deal breaker for you on the C8? For me it's not since I don't give a rats behind about golf.
Give me space for a couple of carry-ons, and I will be happy.
What say you?

I am concerned about the inevitable reduced storage capacity for other reasons.

But figure they will use and old "Sporty Car" solution for golf bags! It will be plastic lined so Brits (and those living in Seattle) can use it for a wet Brolly! :lol:

However, assuming when I am ready to order it has a twin turbo, double overhead cam engine and perhaps KERS I'll live with no 3rd pedal and reduced storage!
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...1f3d0d4867.jpg

steve8 02-17-2019 07:59 AM

Another golf bag thread. :toetap:

roadbike56 02-17-2019 08:03 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...fc1ee037b3.jpg
Yes, storage is a big deal for me. Both my C5 and the C7 are coupes by choice. Sometimes I use the Vette when I go to a bike ride. I can stuff a Specialized road bike in both of them.

OnPoint 02-17-2019 09:57 AM

I'm so sick of hearing about two golf bags and the ME.

1SG_Ret 02-17-2019 10:30 AM

I think the "Two Golf Bag" reference is used as a benchmark for practicality purposes. I certainly do not golf, but appreciate the space my C7 provides for things other than two golf club bags.

I looked at a Porsche Cayman and, while I loved the car, the cargo layout made owning one impractical. Rather large "Fronk", but things had to be stacked on top of each other. May be good for carryo-on's or duffel bags, but not for stacking groceries. And, yes, we use the Corvette to get groceries and even shop at Costco.

Looked at the Alfa C4. Cool car, but almost zero carrying ability. The only other car I looked at that had a similar practicality of the C7 was an Audi TTS which didn't perform anywhere near a C7 and was priced about $5K more w/ a dealer that would not deal.

So when I read anything about "two golf bags", I dismiss it as a golfer only requirement, but rather as a relatable usable storage area requirement (since we all know about how much space two golf bags require.). .

Darion 02-17-2019 10:58 AM

No, this one will be a spider, dct so the wife can use as often as she likes. Shopping bag storage will do. Lol.

PC

JerryC5 02-17-2019 11:04 AM

I don't know where the "Two Golf Bag" requirement came from. I am a golfer, my other cars will take 2 golf bags, so I don't need it in my vette. I could NOT fit two golf bags into my C6 convertible, the bags are too big, the clubs are too long. Maybe someone could get them into a coupe, I don't know.

I do know I can get enough stuff into the trunk of my C6 vert for my wife and I to cruise indefinitely, and that's good enough for me

So I suggest we all ignore the "Two Golf Bag" threads..... unlike what I am doing now.

rmorin1249 02-17-2019 11:21 AM

I would settle for 2 decent sized suitcases.

B-Vette 02-17-2019 11:27 AM

I understand your reference here, yes it would be a deal breaker for me. I use my car for touring not on the racetrack. That's the problem the engineers and the customers will ultimately decide - everybody uses the car differently.

Myfourth1 02-17-2019 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by JerryC5 (Post 1598894784)
I don't know where the "Two Golf Bag" requirement came from. I am a golfer, my other cars will take 2 golf bags, so I don't need it in my vette. I could NOT fit two golf bags into my C6 convertible, the bags are too big, the clubs are too long. Maybe someone could get them into a coupe, I don't know.

I do know I can get enough stuff into the trunk of my C6 vert for my wife and I to cruise indefinitely, and that's good enough for me

So I suggest we all ignore the "Two Golf Bag" threads..... unlike what I am doing now.

I could fit 2 full size golf bags in my C6 Coupe and a pull cart. I can only fit 2 golf bags in my C7's, no pull cart. I typically drive to the course myself so on occasion I will put my bag in the front seat and take the top off. I can't fit them when the top is off. The C6 had 22 cu ft and the C7 has 15 cu ft.

FrankLP 02-17-2019 12:15 PM

I can/would adapt to whatever the storage capacity is.

For me, storage capacity will certainly not be a "decision driver" for purchasing/owning the first ever ME Corvette.

tunaman 02-17-2019 12:28 PM

That will be a deciding factor for me... not specifically for golf bags, but my bowling gear takes up about the same space as a full bag and must be able to fit, else I’m out since my gear is with me nearly always.

JerryU 02-17-2019 12:49 PM

^^^
Would not think holding bowling "stuff" would be an issue as the C8 will have two compartments, front and rear.

These are some current storage volume numbers:
C7 Vert 10 cubic feet
C7 Coupe 15 cubic feet
Porsche Boxster (front and rear) 10 cubic feet
Ferrari 488 - 8 cubic feet.

Have to believe the C8 will have at least a bit more than the Ferrari 488.

PS: It's the length that could be an issue and I expect you'll see many pics in ads with two golf bags! However, it may be like when they have model condos to visit. They buy small furniture! They may use youth clubs! :lol:

May have to split your bowling "stuff" in 2 smaller bags but better for your back when carrying! :thumbs:
Now if you were into ping pong you could hold a ton of those balls. That was the issue with the specs on the C7 versus C6. The C6 coupe was listed at 22 cubic feet. BUT GM was using an old way to measure, i.e. like how many ping pong balls would it hold! GM decided to use the SAE suggested method the year when the C7 was introduced. That same year for the Caddy CTS, I recall for the exact same Caddy CTS year to year the published volume reduced by a ~1/3rd.

Dominic Sorresso 02-17-2019 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by roadbike56 (Post 1598893874)
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...fc1ee037b3.jpg
Yes, storage is a big deal for me. Both my C5 and the C7 are coupes by choice. Sometimes I use the Vette when I go to a bike ride. I can stuff a Specialized road bike in both of them.

Try seasuckers. Works great.Frankly don’t give a sh*t about golf.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...364de641b.jpeg

Shaka 02-17-2019 01:33 PM

Yarbie 02-17-2019 02:42 PM

Not gonna happen. Maybe 1 bag if you're lucky. Maybe two lunch bags...Vettes are impractical but that's always been the case.