CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous-173/)
-   -   1200HP PCV catch can systems now available (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous/4244228-1200hp-pcv-catch-can-systems-now-available.html)

David@MMS 02-20-2019 01:17 PM

1200HP PCV catch can systems now available

Have today added the 1200 option across all C7 'WILD' catch can system flavors.
https://www.mightymousesolutions.com/gm-systems

We recently worked with Inidana Musclecar on a Procharger car that put down over 1100whp through the sister kit to these (Camaro 6 ZL1 Wild 1200)
Facebook Post

This allows the PCV system to control fumes and filter the crankcase normally (like stock) while switching on demand to ventilate for the extra power.

Happy to take any questions!

C5-VERT 02-20-2019 11:21 PM

David, I believe you and I shared many emails regarding my build (F1A-94 + HR Fueler Holley Port Injection, etc) but I road race mine. You recommended I stay with -6AN lines to keep from losing too much oil. I do have the open top you recommend for road racing. I do believe I blew my front crankshaft seal so I want to be certain I don't repeat that issue by having smaller -6AN lines. I specified you upgrade me to -8AN to be in the middle but the kit I just received was -6AN. I don't mind paying what it needs to be I just want to be SURE that I don't blow any more main seals plus I don't get oil on my headers (car fire) and overall just have the best setup for my build (1000 hp 18psi, but I plan on turning boost down via 46mm Precision Wastegate + Holley boost by gear for road racing). Was it you I shared quite a few emails with before ordering? What do you think about a reservoir? Why would you not set me up with a system like you did with this ProCharged car but use the recirculating top? I just worry about too much blowby and blowing the main seal again. Pain in the butt to replace.

David@MMS 02-21-2019 09:37 AM

road race is a completely different animal than strip or street. that is why. we do not want to just add capacity either as that will just allow more and more of your engine oil to be pumped out,

you have a main oil leak after my 6an set up? if going from stock to my 6an setup, it still allows for significant increase in pressure control vs. stock

the trouble is that 1000hp procharged is just not a reliable road race setup, for many reasons as you are seeing.

happy to do whatever makes you happy however. we can keep the main seal in but you wont be able to go more than a couple laps before the can / expansion is full (from what i see usually happens)

C5-VERT 02-21-2019 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by David@MMS (Post 1598919932)
road race is a completely different animal than strip or street. that is why. we do not want to just add capacity either as that will just allow more and more of your engine oil to be pumped out,

you have a main oil leak after my 6an set up? if going from stock to my 6an setup, it still allows for significant increase in pressure control vs. stock

the trouble is that 1000hp procharged is just not a reliable road race setup, for many reasons as you are seeing.

happy to do whatever makes you happy however. we can keep the main seal in but you wont be able to go more than a couple laps before the can / expansion is full (from what i see usually happens)

sorry if I am repeating the same points David I am just trying to wrap my head around the different PCV configurations. So first no what I think is a front main leak was before your catch can so yes I knew better and paying for it. I cleaned it all up and been driving it easy and haven’t seen any leaks near the front crankshaft seal praying it’s ok once I get the catch can on but not holding my breath. I may do a cam swap and DOD delete if I have to do the seal since most of the work will be done for it.

I will stick with 6AN to keep oil loss at minimum but may need a reservoir for track use.

Also remember I am turning boost down for road course use dropping power to help reliability.

David@MMS 02-21-2019 10:15 AM

i know you want to have this a home run solution on the first swing, trust I do too, but I think it is best to see where we are at with this go as a new baseline.

subieworx 02-26-2019 09:42 AM

Why not drain the can back into the sump? I do this on LS endurance road race cars where we run for 8-24 hours without ever checking the separator can and have no issues. It can be rerouted to where the dipstick hole is/would be with an inline check valve to prevent crankcase pressure from pushing up into the can.

MIGHTYM0USE 02-26-2019 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by subieworx (Post 1598949296)
Why not drain the can back into the sump? I do this on LS endurance road race cars where we run for 8-24 hours without ever checking the separator can and have no issues. It can be rerouted to where the dipstick hole is/would be with an inline check valve to prevent crankcase pressure from pushing up into the can.

lets see what you are talking about, have a link?

C5-VERT 03-04-2019 07:56 PM

David (mightymouse), I am a bit confused with where the hoses route. I see on the wild setup the driver side pcv line runs directly to the dirty side of the can, yet on my mild setup with road race setup the directions show the dirty side comes directly from the new PCV valve under the intake??? Then I splice the T into the intake + brake booster line and run that to the can clean side fitting??? So that means with my current setup the driver and passenger valve cover lines still run to the oil reservoir on passenger side?? Why does one set of directions show to come from driver side valve cover then another come directly from the pcv diverter under the intake?

Also, it's not possible for me to lose boost pressure correct by way of that diverter? I still have the one way check valve on the other side so it shouldn't, just asking to be sure. I don't quite understand how the LT4 PCV system works making me feel a bit stupid as I usually understand engines and builds pretty well. I truly want to be certain I have all these lines setup properly.

Thank you!

Posting here as it may help others with the same questions.

David@MMS 03-04-2019 08:47 PM

the instructions, routing and general way that the mild and wild kits handle airflow is different to each best handle their rated capabilities, so its all different. if that does not answer your question please clarify.

the pcv adapter does not change how the supercharger or boost control works, and is not a boost leak, it is not attached to the part of the supercharger that is pressurized.

Originally Posted by C5-VERT (Post 1598987635)
David (mightymouse), I am a bit confused with where the hoses route. I see on the wild setup the driver side pcv line runs directly to the dirty side of the can, yet on my mild setup with road race setup the directions show the dirty side comes directly from the new PCV valve under the intake??? Then I splice the T into the intake + brake booster line and run that to the can clean side fitting??? So that means with my current setup the driver and passenger valve cover lines still run to the oil reservoir on passenger side?? Why does one set of directions show to come from driver side valve cover then another come directly from the pcv diverter under the intake?

Also, it's not possible for me to lose boost pressure correct by way of that diverter? I still have the one way check valve on the other side so it shouldn't, just asking to be sure. I don't quite understand how the LT4 PCV system works making me feel a bit stupid as I usually understand engines and builds pretty well. I truly want to be certain I have all these lines setup properly.

Thank you!

Posting here as it may help others with the same questions.

C5-VERT 03-04-2019 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by David@MMS (Post 1598988002)
the instructions, routing and general way that the mild and wild kits handle airflow is different to each best handle their rated capabilities, so its all different. if that does not answer your question please clarify.

the pcv adapter does not change how the supercharger or boost control works, and is not a boost leak, it is not attached to the part of the supercharger that is pressurized.

David,

Yes I believe it does answer my question. I was just confused as to the wild connected to the valve cover fitting vs the mild setup using the PCV diverter output. So it sounds like I am all set I don't have it backwards or incorrect. My PCV diverter output goes to catch can dirty side (side with clear see window), and the T from my intake/brake booster line goes to the clean side of my catch can. The recirculate top fitting for road race can go to an overflow, back into my intake, OR to the ground, correct?

David@MMS 03-05-2019 08:41 AM

yes all correct. if you run the fitting vent top to an overflow, make sure it is not air tight, air will need to exit

this is the pcv valve and should be on the intake manifold T to booster side
http://gdurl.com/DWV4

C5-VERT 03-05-2019 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by David@MMS (Post 1598989695)
yes all correct. if you run the fitting vent top to an overflow, make sure it is not air tight, air will need to exit

this is the pcv valve and should be on the intake manifold T to booster side
http://gdurl.com/DWV4

Thank you David for all your help and patience! I would recommend MMS all day long for support and quality. His catch can with billet bracket looks super nice and I love all the different configurations (road racing, drag, street/strip). He really took a lot of time to answer many emails and point me to the right setup for me, even willing to get it dialed in with the correct flow size once I get it back on the track. Extremely pleased!

robert miller 03-10-2019 11:38 AM

ttt

^^^ I agree he did the same with me a year are so back very nice guy & so much willing to help a person. Unlike a diff CO in here that sale's a catch can & also really has no clue how it truly works & that.. Robert