CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous-86/)
-   -   Where are you putting your boost gauge? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous/4244389-where-are-you-putting-your-boost-gauge.html)

Meeegaaa_Tron 02-20-2019 08:56 PM

Where are you putting your boost gauge?

I was wondering, does everyone put there gauge in a gauge pod on the A pillar or is there a different place you can put it? Was kinda thinking of doing something different then just the normal pillar?

aaronc7 02-20-2019 10:05 PM

I looked into this and there was really no cost effective way to put it anywhere else. You could put a blankout plate in the ashtray and put a single (thin) gauge down there...but way outside of line of sight. I ultimately settled on the standard 2 gauge pod Autometer and I'm not a huge fan of A pillar gauge pods, but function wise it works great.

ascastil 02-20-2019 11:17 PM

I bought the DD mods console with 3 gauges built into it. I didn't have a choice really, I would rather have the pods on the pillar but I guess 04 cars have different pillars from other years from what I've read.

_zebra 02-20-2019 11:30 PM

i splurged on the DD double A pillar, and it was worth it because instead of looking like an autozone stick-on, it has a factory finish. they also don't really obstruct the view much with as low as they are... the triple gets up there, though.
i've also seen guys replace the center air vent with a gauge plate.

StatmanRN 02-21-2019 06:33 AM

I have it on the pilar but TBH it doesnt really register in my periphreal vision under boost - too much going on. If I had to do it over, Id go line of sight.

Meeegaaa_Tron 02-21-2019 07:40 AM

Ya i was kind of thinking of putting it in one of the vents but was wondering where everyone else did there. I dont mind the pillar just was wondering if there was somewhere else. The pillar makes sense just everyone and kit does it there but id get it. Thanks guys

TastyBacon 02-21-2019 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by aaronc7 (Post 1598918118)
I looked into this and there was really no cost effective way to put it anywhere else. You could put a blankout plate in the ashtray and put a single (thin) gauge down there...but way outside of line of sight. I ultimately settled on the standard 2 gauge pod Autometer and I'm not a huge fan of A pillar gauge pods, but function wise it works great.

This exactly.

neutron82 02-21-2019 05:53 PM

I have mine on the pillar as well... I'm not a huge fan of pillar gauges but if they were anywhere else it would be very difficult to watch them when racing or making pulls... one of my gauges has a boost/vacuum function but I rarely watch that, I'm more concerned with the widebands... you could put a boost gauge somewhere out of the way but widebands I would want to have as close to your field of view as possible that way you don't have to completely take your eyes off the road to see it

chris308 02-21-2019 07:50 PM

Back when I had a bigger mod budget to work with i planned to buy a spare dash, mount a 3 pod mount like WRX STi's have. It would sit center above the ac vents then recover the dash in suede or leather.

oh1vette 02-22-2019 01:09 PM

Boost and Fuel Pressure in A Pillar gauge pod...

tabbruzz 02-25-2019 12:51 PM

I actually like them on the A pillar, but if I had a choice it would be integrated into the HUD...Now that would be awesome.....

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...ca847f84ed.jpg

Meeegaaa_Tron 02-25-2019 01:57 PM

that does look pretty good, and your right that would be perfect in the hud!

tabbruzz 02-25-2019 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meeegaaa_Tron (Post 1598944937)
that does look pretty good, and your right that would be perfect in the hud!

If you go the a pillar route I found that the best one is the two guage full a pillar from auto meter. It fits great and looks great...its 75 bucks...do not get the half height 2 guage pod from auto meter which is 35 bucks but does not fit properly and you will end up sending it back..