CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Why no leaked pics? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4245642-why-no-leaked-pics.html)

heavymetals 02-24-2019 01:56 PM

Why no leaked pics?

If you are wondering, check this:

https://jalopnik.com/spy-photos-i-am...in-mule-238647

Jeff V. 02-24-2019 01:59 PM

I don't think you understand how this works.

ShagVette 02-24-2019 02:06 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=c8+corvette+photo

heavymetals 02-24-2019 02:34 PM

Losing your job and possibly going to jail isn't worth being the top poster on a forum.

Although I expect some idiot to risk it all to be the first.

TBIRD57 02-24-2019 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by heavymetals (Post 1598939943)
Losing your job and possibly going to jail isn't worth being the top poster on a forum.

actually i'm surprised that some rogue hacker out there just hasn't taken up the challenge and
penetrated GM'S computer system for all the C8 info.. the good ones have had a field day doing it to banks,other major companies,credit card companies, credit rating agency, government agencies,etc.
maybe they just aren't into cars- yet.

Bikerjulio 02-24-2019 02:49 PM

Yes, there has been a great shortage of pics lately :rolleyes:

Jeff V. 02-24-2019 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by TBIRD57 (Post 1598940001)
actually i'm surprised that some rogue hacker out there just hasn't taken up the challenge and
penetrated GM'S computer system for all the C8 info.. the good ones have had a field day doing it to banks,other major companies,credit card companies, credit rating agency, government agencies,etc.
maybe they just aren't into cars- yet.

There is no profit in doing that. People with skills at that level aren't taking risks like that for free. Especially over something as silly as an unreleased car.

TBIRD57 02-24-2019 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff V. (Post 1598940101)
There is no profit in doing that. People with skills at that level aren't taking risks like that for free. Especially over something as silly as an unreleased car.

"taken up the challenge" not for financial gain.....GM would probably offer him a computer security job if they could ever find him

RapidC84B 02-25-2019 04:18 PM

Point of this thread? That Jalopnik article is from the C6 ZR1 leak.

heavymetals 02-25-2019 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder (Post 1598945842)
Point of this thread? That Jalopnik article is from the C6 ZR1 leak.

The point is to show what happened to the guy who leaked the Blue Devil pics.

Maybe it discouraged others from doing the same thing.

Warp Factor 02-25-2019 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by heavymetals (Post 1598939943)

Agreed. I spend some time around both Ford and GM engineers on a regular basis. They will give a few hints, but mostly will not risk losing their jobs or retirement plans....

misteroman 02-27-2019 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by heavymetals (Post 1598946112)
The point is to show what happened to the guy who leaked the Blue Devil pics.

Maybe it discouraged others from doing the same thing.

What wound up happening to him?
D

mikey 03-05-2019 12:40 AM

Read the updates to the story. He was never in jail.

jefnvk 03-05-2019 08:38 PM

I like my job which involves tuning and testing and driving around in unreleased camo vehicles. No offense to the forum, I don't like any of you nearly as much as that :P

But seriously, camo protocol is taken very seriously, the training is long and boring, but the things you learn people have gotten caught doing just boggles your mind. The last guy I was told about that did it where I work turned out to be a night janitor with one of the muscle cars, put it up on his public Facebook and a bunch of his friends shared it, and he was gone within 48 hours. Nothing that I will ever talk about is not already out in the open, and even in that case if it is just rumors I won't confirm it even to close friends. Even when I have to take pictures for work reasons, I am very careful to keep them on the work phone exclusively and they are as zoomed in on the exact problem, so there is absolutely no question about me supposed to have them.

TL/DR: no, being unemployed and never again working in automotive isn't worth "winning" this forum,a nd I'm in no rush to go back to aerospace.

sunsalem 03-06-2019 12:52 AM

Spoil Sport......:toetap:

mikey 03-06-2019 10:48 PM

:worthlessnopics:

Originally Posted by jefnvk (Post 1598994336)
I like my job which involves tuning and testing and driving around in unreleased camo vehicles. No offense to the forum, I don't like any of you nearly as much as that :P

But seriously, camo protocol is taken very seriously, the training is long and boring, but the things you learn people have gotten caught doing just boggles your mind. The last guy I was told about that did it where I work turned out to be a night janitor with one of the muscle cars, put it up on his public Facebook and a bunch of his friends shared it, and he was gone within 48 hours. Nothing that I will ever talk about is not already out in the open, and even in that case if it is just rumors I won't confirm it even to close friends. Even when I have to take pictures for work reasons, I am very careful to keep them on the work phone exclusively and they are as zoomed in on the exact problem, so there is absolutely no question about me supposed to have them.

TL/DR: no, being unemployed and never again working in automotive isn't worth "winning" this forum,a nd I'm in no rush to go back to aerospace.

:worthlessnopics:

WICKEDFRC 03-06-2019 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by jefnvk (Post 1598994336)

I always appreciate the leaked photos you sent me on the C5, C5 Z06, C6, C6 Z06, C6 ZR-1, C6 Grand Sport, C7 Singray, C7 Z06, C7 Grand Sport, C7 ZR-1, and now the C8 ME.

You secrets are still safe with me buddy!!

Hahahaha.

ps..... This man has never sent me anything.

BAN THIS MAN OF UNCOMPROMISING INTEGRITY!! Hahahaha

Che70velle 03-06-2019 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC (Post 1599001205)
I always appreciate the leaked photos you sent me on the C5, C5 Z06, C6, C6 Z06, C6 ZR-1, C6 Grand Sport, C7 Singray, C7 Z06, C7 Grand Sport, C7 ZR-1, and now the C8 ME.

Hahahaha.

ps..... This man has never sent me anything.

BAN THIS MAN OF UNCOMPROMISING INTEGRITY!! Hahahaha

Thats funny!!

jefnvk 03-07-2019 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC (Post 1599001205)

To be quite honest, all the stuff I am currently working on wouldn't make the third page of Car and Driver spy shots. Just the run of the mill, bread and butter, bulk sale CUV type stuff that I still don't really understand why anyone cares to camo!

sunsalem 03-12-2019 01:42 PM

This is very revealing of the real front of the car (underneath the fake front fascia):

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/Bw...-spy-photo.jpg
https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/7K...-spy-photo.jpg