CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous-173/)
-   -   **2018 C7 Z06 equipped with LMR850HP Package** (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous/4246596-2018-c7-z06-equipped-with-lmr850hp-package.html)

Late Model Racecraft 02-27-2019 10:58 AM

**2018 C7 Z06 equipped with LMR850HP Package**

This new 2018 C7 Z06 Automatic will be heading back to California with a much more aggressive sound and of course more horsepower with our LMR850HP package installed! Enjoy!!
For any questions regarding our packages please feel free to hit up our website or give us a call at the shop anytime!

Late Model Racecraft 03-04-2019 04:15 PM

A lot of people ask about tires on these cars once we start pushing this kind of power. We recommend going with the Toyo888 for more street driving and taking turns and we like to run Drag Radials on the rear for the customers that really get on the cars in straight lines.

OilfieldVette 04-07-2019 02:35 PM

So this mentions that your customer is from California. Is this an off road use vehicle or does this kit pass smog and legal for highway use?

tewebb 04-07-2019 06:51 PM

Also California noise regulation. No aftermarket exhaust. California, the POLICE STATE😡

OilfieldVette 04-07-2019 07:13 PM

It's not really that bad. You can have an after market exhaust, no headers and can't delete the cats but you can change mufflers just can't exceed 95 decimals (I think) from 3 feet away. It's actually the exact same law that we have always had they just added an enforcement in the way of fines imposable by the police.

Shinobi'sZ 04-13-2019 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by tewebb (Post 1599185146)
Also California noise regulation. No aftermarket exhaust. California, the POLICE STATE😡

Yes but Californian's were recently allowed to purchased standard size magazines for guns. Once this makes it to SCOTUS for an official ruling it could clean up the rest of the U.S. with respect to the 2nd Amendment and magazine limitations. You can thank California's overreach as a Police State for this later. I'm just waiting for the right Lawyer to get pulled over in a stock vehicle with loud exhaust and file a lawsuit against the State for this ridiculous law. I mean what about the 1000's of Harley Davidson's in California with straight pipes? You know most of these guys are Lawyer's and Dentist trying to look like bad asses. So it is just a matter of time until we get some traction on this bullshit. I thought about hook up some sort of device to my Tesla P3 to make is sound like a loud dragster.

It's also why I have learned not to rev any of my other cars in my neighborhood and coast by Law Enforcement when driving. Granted most LEO's are cool and like cars, but there is always the one douche-bag who can't afford a more expensive sports car....probably owns a Mustang...and will look to give a guy in a Corvette a ticket for loud exhaust. Rant over.