CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance-169/)
-   -   Corvette C7 ported throttle body (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/4248882-corvette-c7-ported-throttle-body.html)

hamad_alz 03-06-2019 12:03 AM

Corvette C7 ported throttle body

Whats the best corvette c7 ported throttle body and what size and do you feel the difference and throttle response and how many horsepower does it increase and do you need to tune it again

Gary barnes 1098 03-06-2019 06:32 AM

No gains. Trust me. Maybe a tiny bit more throttle response. Callaway don’t believe in them on their builds,that’s enough for me.I have one. Sounds like from your other post your really hung up on this thing to be faster. Ain’t gonna do much with a couple grand. Sorry it is what it is.

jim2092 03-06-2019 06:45 AM

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...or-design.html

Mike@SolerEngr 03-06-2019 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by hamad_alz (Post 1598995160)
Whats the best corvette c7 ported throttle body and what size and do you feel the difference and throttle response and how many horsepower does it increase and do you need to tune it again

Hamad, if you are looking for a better/faster response, we can say w/ confidence that ours outperforms the competition. We do not target adding power, our goal is to redistribute it. That is, deliver it earlier in the throttle travel. It truly feels like you've added power but the truth is it doesn't, at least not significantly or measurable in an accurate consistent manner. Our C7's are calibrated by the factory in away that feel under-powered at part throttle, but they are not under-powered at all, it is just a matter of when and how power is delivered.

Be careful of products promising power gains at wide open throttle (WOT). In any case, our product also includes features that if the added power at WOT exist as claimed by others, you will also have it and more of it, by the way. Please give us a visit.

https://www.solerengineering.com/

You do not need tuning w/ our product. Ours is the 87 mm bore, for the Stingray, Z51, GS, and Z06. 2014-present. What's your C7?

427C62013A 03-07-2019 07:44 AM

I can honestly say the Soler Perfomance TB is a definite improvement. The more you drive it the more you realize what a difference it makes.

snampro 03-07-2019 10:22 AM

I'm testing Mike's throttle body right now and it is awesome. The Soler Engineering throttle body is more than just porting, and improves the throttle response tremendously, even when compared to other ported throttle bodies.

DomLS3 03-07-2019 11:03 AM

I bought a Tony Mamo PTB. Didn't feel any difference at all. The only difference I felt is when I had the driver demand tables tuned.

Sellout 03-07-2019 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by djpelosi (Post 1599003258)
I bought a Tony Mamo PTB. Didn't feel any difference at all. The only difference I felt is when I had the driver demand tables tuned.

My experience was quite the opposite. I bought a Mamo PTB and it fixed everything I didn't like about the throttle pedal in this car. I was quite happy with it.

Then I saw the thread about C7 throttle response started by Mike from Soler Engineering. I was intrigued and figured it couldn't hurt to try one of these throttle bodies, especially since he guaranteed an improvement and if I didn't like it, I could send it back and he would get me another Mamo PTB. Well, I'm quite happy to say that the throttle response in my car is dramatically improved over the Mamo PTB at partial throttle. It's like a completely different car.

tychoaussie 03-07-2019 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sellout (Post 1599005385)
My experience was quite the opposite. I bought a Mamo PTB and it fixed everything I didn't like about the throttle pedal in this car. I was quite happy with it.

Then I saw the thread about C7 throttle response started by Mike from Soler Engineering. I was intrigued and figured it couldn't hurt to try one of these throttle bodies, especially since he guaranteed an improvement and if I didn't like it, I could send it back and he would get me another Mamo PTB. Well, I'm quite happy to say that the throttle response in my car is dramatically improved over the Mamo PTB at partial throttle. It's like a completely different car.

Actually, I've been thinking about this very thing; I mean, I only drove my car for three days so far: A 700 mile trip from point of purchase home. But, I'm used to a gen-1 small block chevy that makes 400 rwhp. The C7 makes gobs more torque, but it's not nearly as playful off-throttle on my minirammed 385. Tip-in doesn't hardly do anything. The SBC has instant gratification when you tap the gas. My newly purchased '14 C7, tossing a few revs seems to require patience, and then it takes a few seconds to climb down off the RPMs. Around-town, it feels almost truck-like in traffic. I was hoping for more low throttle torque that I *know* is in there. My Firebird shouldn't feel snappier, especially when I know there's at least a hundred ft.lb less torque below 3500 RPM.

I want the transient throttle response to be sort of like this (just with less cam, of course):

Did you find that the modified throttle body helped increase off-throttle response for around-town driving? What about the transient tip-in, when you crack the throttle, then shut it rapidly? I suspect that one is solved via the mechanical modification whereas the second might require a tuner...

Sellout 03-07-2019 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by tychoaussie (Post 1599005650)
Actually, I've been thinking about this very thing; I mean, I only drove my car for three days so far: A 700 mile trip from point of purchase home. But, I'm used to a gen-1 small block chevy that makes 400 rwhp. The C7 makes gobs more torque, but it's not nearly as playful off-throttle on my minirammed 385. Tip-in doesn't hardly do anything. The SBC has instant gratification when you tap the gas. My newly purchased '14 C7, tossing a few revs seems to require patience, and then it takes a few seconds to climb down off the RPMs. Around-town, it feels almost truck-like in traffic. I was hoping for more low throttle torque that I *know* is in there. My Firebird shouldn't feel snappier, especially when I know there's at least a hundred ft.lb less torque below 3500 RPM.

I want the transient throttle response to be sort of like this (just with less cam, of course):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TFtCh1psw8

Did you find that the modified throttle body helped increase off-throttle response for around-town driving? What about the transient tip-in, when you crack the throttle, then shut it rapidly? I suspect that one is solved via the mechanical modification whereas the second might require a tuner...

Some of the throttle muddiness in these cars is definitely in the tune. There's a significant delay when you snap the throttle open like that on a C7. So much so that you can quickly put the pedal to the floor and back off without having the engine rev beyond 1800 rpm. Slam the pedal down and back up twice in a row and it might hit 2400 rpm with the stock throttle body. If I do that now, it runs up against the 4000 rpm free-rev limiter.

CCA Corvette Parts 03-12-2019 11:49 AM

Thinking about getting a SBC TB for the CCA Corvette...

Regards
Chip

Poppacapp 03-15-2019 02:46 AM

A ported throttle body itself will not be much of a gain on an otherwise stock setup. Pray Performance has gained dyno proven 16rwhp with their ported oem Intake manifold/Throttle body combo. They have also swapped to a ported 95mm LT5 throttle body while strapped to the dyno and gained another almost 10rwhp over the stock ported 87mm TB. The point of a ported TB is to work as a system with a ported intake manifold/headers etc. As much flow in and as much flow out is the goal.

The thing that can be presented as FACT is that his customers back up the numbers at the TRACK.. where gain quantification matters. He also has MANY dyno tests and plenty of actual DATA to prove his gains on his FB page Pray Performance. I am not meaning this to sound like a plug, but as a Pray Performance customer, who has witnessed personally what the combos do through my vehicle and others vehicles time after time.. I am convinced.

With this said, if you plan on going with a typical "full bolton" NA All motor setup which typically is
Ported IM/TB,
CAI(Halltech etc),
Headers/xpipe(I run 2" ARH into 3" catted xpipe),
Flex fuel sensor for E85,
Pray Performance PCM/TCM tFlex fuel tuning on an A8 car
Drag pack(My GS uses 18x5 fronts and 18x12 rear wheels with MT ET Street 305/35-18 drag radials)

This combo if a proven, repeatable 10 second 1/4 mile combo on an A8 car. I have run numerous 10 second passes in my NA Grand Sport. Pray has MULTIPLE 6gen Camaros in the mid 10second area with a simple combo and his magic hands on tuning.

fatsport 03-22-2019 08:16 AM

Ported throttle body and a BMS filter are a great combo. Had them in my GS - mine is a Katech ported TB - and now have them in my Z. Drivability is much improved, should have come stock like this.
Very easy to do, and looks 100% factory. Win, win👍

Rickmd 03-24-2019 08:23 PM

[QUOTE=snampro;1599002994]I'm testing Mike's throttle body right now and it is awesome. The Soler Engineering throttle body is more than just porting, and improves the throttle response tremendously, even when compared to other ported throttle bodies.[/QUOTE

I am also test Mike's TB with the same results. The car feels faster because of the improved response especially in the daily street rpm driving range.

TSLAVette 03-24-2019 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by djpelosi (Post 1599003258)

And don't forget about the gains from a lighter wallet!

I run a Vitesse throttle controller. It's a hoot!

Kracka 03-24-2019 10:45 PM

I've had the WeaponX ported TB since 2014 and have zero complaints with it; good mod and I'd definitely do it again. I also installed the AFE intake system then added a WeaponX ported intake manifold later on. SoCal Porting units are just as nice as well, I've installed those on my friend's LT1.

Mike@SolerEngr 03-25-2019 10:02 AM

[QUOTE=Rickmd;1599102564]

Originally Posted by snampro (Post 1599002994)
I'm testing Mike's throttle body right now and it is awesome. The Soler Engineering throttle body is more than just porting, and improves the throttle response tremendously, even when compared to other ported throttle bodies.[/QUOTE

I am also test Mike's TB with the same results. The car feels faster because of the improved response especially in the daily street rpm driving range.

Thank very much Rickmd, very glad you liked it.

cv67 03-25-2019 10:30 AM

GM does this so people dont kill themselves....cant stand the built in delay personally.
x2 on revs, both up and down its almost like it has a vacuum leak or a 100 lb flywheel, takes a while lol

rogergcam 03-26-2019 02:34 PM

I can attest to this! On my 2917 ZO6 it did exactly as he stated. I am very happy with it!
:party::party::party:

Cajun @ Edgyvette 03-28-2019 11:24 PM

You know my vote:willy: https://www.edgyvette.com/product/ed...throttle-body/

TB is not a HP mod, it is a complimentary modification that can produce quicker throttle response. See the airflow table measurements at the link above. All of our items are hand ported. Our porter has 30 years porting experience, including 12 years with Brodix heads. We think our stuff is top notch and we know our customer service and caring for people is second to none.

Cajun@EV