CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   HorsepowerAddicts prepped ZR1 vs Dragtimes Ford GT (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4249286-horsepoweraddicts-prepped-zr1-vs-dragtimes-ford-gt.html)

Rinaldo Catria 03-07-2019 08:34 AM

HorsepowerAddicts prepped ZR1 vs Dragtimes Ford GT

Now thats a race I’d like to see. Emailed them and asked if they saw the recent Dragtimes 1/2 mile race and that to me, the ZR1’s performance looked sub par, I didn’t speculate why. I just added it might be good publicity for them to arrange a race. Their response: “Checked it out and i agree. Would be good advertising to get the media coverage.” Good content for Dragtimes as well. Lets see if it happens.

HorsePowerAddicts 03-07-2019 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria (Post 1599002318)
Now thats a race I’d like to see. Emailed them and asked if they saw the recent Dragtimes 1/2 mile race and that to me, the ZR1’s performance looked sub par, I didn’t speculate why. I just added it might be good publicity for them to arrange a race. Their response: “Checked it out and i agree. Would be good advertising to get the media coverage.” Good content for Dragtimes as well. Lets see if it happens.

We do like seeing a ZR1 getting out there and competing against a GT! There are few things seemingly off looking at the performance in the video, making it look like not much of a competition however.

Fact is the ZR1 is "temperamental". There is no dialing it in right now either. The factory tune/calibration is what there is to work with, and a lot of parameters in the calibration make it not at all optimal for drag racing (Aero and other variables aside). It is a fantastic factory machine built for road racing and it is fast! Variables in the tuning are showing up which impact 1/4 mile times by .5 sec and swing trap speeds by over 5mph. Huge swings even with a consistent driver. Once a threshold is met, power and times go down. Launch technique has to be considered as there are intrusive values limiting it, stock. Minor modifications allow decent gains with stock parameters but there is only so much "bending" to do to make the ZR1 faster. Getting the very fast times takes great consideration for everything and some favorable variables.

A ZR1 and GT being compared (not on paper) should have as much accounted for as possible when they line up. Win or loss for either, it is what enthusiasts would enjoy and what the community needs to showcase how great either car is. There is no denying the capabilities and great engineering of both vehicles. It'd be nice to get legitimate side by side info.

Our ZR1 is due for half mile racing. Going head to head with the GT is right on for us. We'll take accountability for the ZR1 data and objective reasoning for the race results.

DocScott 03-07-2019 11:21 PM

Yes. All of this.

01REDSS 03-08-2019 08:01 AM

@FikseGTS

Vernon 03-08-2019 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by HorsePowerAddicts (Post 1599004434)
We do like seeing a ZR1 getting out there and competing against a GT! There are few things seemingly off looking at the performance in the video, making it look like not much of a competition however.

Fact is the ZR1 is "temperamental". There is no dialing it in right now either. The factory tune/calibration is what there is to work with, and a lot of parameters in the calibration make it not at all optimal for drag racing (Aero and other variables aside). It is a fantastic factory machine built for road racing and it is fast! Variables in the tuning are showing up which impact 1/4 mile times by .5 sec and swing trap speeds by over 5mph. Huge swings even with a consistent driver. Once a threshold is met, power and times go down. Launch technique has to be considered as there are intrusive values limiting it, stock. Minor modifications allow decent gains with stock parameters but there is only so much "bending" to do to make the ZR1 faster. Getting the very fast times takes great consideration for everything and some favorable variables.

A ZR1 and GT being compared (not on paper) should have as much accounted for as possible when they line up. Win or loss for either, it is what enthusiasts would enjoy and what the community needs to showcase how great either car is. There is no denying the capabilities and great engineering of both vehicles. It'd be nice to get legitimate side by side info.

Our ZR1 is due for half mile racing. Going head to head with the GT is right on for us. We'll take accountability for the ZR1 data and objective reasoning for the race results.

I like your objective description, no bravado, but mutual respect for great vehicles and competitors...an attitude that has my respect.:thumbs: