CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous-86/)
-   -   Testing the new V-15 the right way at East Coast Supercharging!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous/4249869-testing-the-new-v-15-the-right-way-at-east-coast-supercharging.html)

DOUG @ ECS 03-08-2019 08:25 PM

Testing the new V-15 the right way at East Coast Supercharging!!

East Coast Supercharging has always been about knowing our products, testing our products to their limits and actually knowing what we are taking about in regards to them to best of our abilities. We have always felt it is not good customer relations to make your customers figure out the limitations of your own products because this will most certainly make customers have to keep coming back to you for upgrades as they figure out those limitations on their own. Now maybe we are the fools because that's really not a bad business model if you only care about taking in as money as possible, but if you truly care about your products and customers best interests, we feel it is best to be able to tell the customer exactly where we found the limitations of each combo are so you can reach your goals directly the first time without over spending to do so.

When it comes to the new head units coming out, (which is very exciting btw!) We do not plan on changing that business model. We are going to go through each stage of builds from the mildest this blower can be used at, all the way to the wildest.

We are going to start by reaching the limits of our largest air to air intercooler so those who are thinking of using this headunit on an otherwise fully streetable vehicle with all accessories can see what your limitations will be. From there will go to an Air to water, and from there will go to a full methanol only car with no intercooler.

We have it running on 1SweetRide's (John) C6Z, this car has been mid 8's probably ten years ago and now it is built at a completely different level, yet is a full weight, full accessory street driven vehicle. Basically starting on the ground level, we will post our results as we go. Dynoing is coming, but unfortunately our current dyno can't handle it. Luckily we have a new dyno on order that can handle 3500 HP that will be here soon.

Now this is a proper test vehicle for the new Vortech Superchargers V15. East Coast Supercharging built C6 Z06 powered by a Late Model Engines430ci LSX backed by a ECS Powerglide/9" combo. Listen to this bad boy whistle ready to inhale mountains of air!!!
Turn up the volume and enjoy!!

C5 Pete 03-09-2019 05:53 PM

Badass Doug!! :rock:

SmoothFRC 03-09-2019 08:16 PM

Badass!

VVVROOMTX 06-27-2019 02:39 PM

Any updates for the new blower?

DOUG @ ECS 06-27-2019 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by VVVROOMTX (Post 1599655825)
Any updates for the new blower?

Some dyno results coming next week, setting up our new dyno now. Proper track results will be later in the season.

BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance 07-29-2019 10:58 AM

Isn't it time for an update to this thread? Can't wait to see what it does! I thought you were putting this blower in your car. Did you change your mind or are you doing that also?

DOUG @ ECS 07-30-2019 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance (Post 1599860241)
Isn't it time for an update to this thread? Can't wait to see what it does! I thought you were putting this blower in your car. Did you change your mind or are you doing that also?

It's going on John's (1Sweetride) C6Z, the blue one that has been in the 8's for probably 10 years now. We just switched it back to a manual from the glide so I should have it on the dyno later this week/early next. Going to max out the air to air, my guess is 1,300ish, then decide what to do from there.

It is going on my car but I'm not fully ready to go and no time to get there. Good problems to have a guess, but I would like to get some 7 second passes out of it before the season ends.

lewislgZ06 08-08-2019 11:31 AM

Subscribed!

T.C. Craig 10-15-2019 08:10 PM

Is the V15 an urban legend or is this something that's actually gonna get made? RMCR says they have one to test, ECS says they have one to test. Then months go buy with no results, no updates, just silence. Is there an issue with it? This thing has been "coming soon" for two years.

INSTIG8R 10-16-2019 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by T.C. Craig (Post 1600324451)
Is the V15 an urban legend or is this something that's actually gonna get made? RMCR says they have one to test, ECS says they have one to test. Then months go buy with no results, no updates, just silence. Is there an issue with it? This thing has been "coming soon" for two years.

I believe Doug had an issue with the car they were going to put it on and bent a rod. Supercharger Outlet and Performance has the headunit ECS had. I held it in my hand at SCT Atlanta. Casey's car will be the test bed for it now that racing season is coming to an end. That car has made 1,300ish with the 2200x so I'd expect a good bit more. The V15 is huge compared to even an F1-X

DOUG @ ECS 10-16-2019 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by INSTIG8R (Post 1600328819)
I believe Doug had an issue with the car they were going to put it on and bent a rod. Supercharger Outlet and Performance has the headunit ECS had. I held it in my hand at SCT Atlanta. Casey's car will be the test bed for it now that racing season is coming to an end. That car has made 1,300ish with the 2200x so I'd expect a good bit more. The V15 is huge compared to even an F1-X

Casey is on the dyno right now with it, patiently waiting for the results.