CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous-173/)
-   -   A&A SI vs LT4 1.7 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous/4250531-a-and-a-si-vs-lt4-1-7-a.html)

motojager 03-10-2019 10:26 PM

A&A SI vs LT4 1.7

Base is Lt1 motor with lt4 injectors and pump. question is better off with LT4 1.7 w/2.3 pulley conversion or A&A v3si with 3.6 pulley upgrade? Other mod are long tube headers x pipe, PTB, CAI etc. which is going to have less overheating problems and better power curve for road coarse?

hogurt 03-10-2019 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by motojager (Post 1599023955)
Base is Lt1 motor with lt4 injectors and pump. question is better off with LT4 1.7 w/2.3 pulley conversion or A&A v3si with 3.6 pulley upgrade? Other mod are long tube headers x pipe, PTB, CAI etc. which is going to have less overheating problems and better power curve for road coarse?

Either blower will push far more than your stock motor can take. If I were in your position, I would find out which tuner you are going to use and would go with their recommendation. My $.02.

f1reb1rd 03-11-2019 08:52 AM

Perfect response. We all seem to go overboard with power. Even though you can still make your own choice. Make your request and listen to their recommendations. They usually will be better with their outcome.

Bruce_K 03-11-2019 01:23 PM

I have the 1.7. You'll be fine try not to go over 700hp

A320Flyer 03-11-2019 09:55 PM

I’m in the same position and keep reading and being told that the 1.7 will overheat more on a road course than the A&A.

BrunoTheMellow 03-12-2019 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by A320Flyer (Post 1599029399)
I’m in the same position and keep reading and being told that the 1.7 will overheat more on a road course than the A&A.

Of course it will. It has an intercooler blocking the radiator so you're adding some 30 degrees or more to the radiator incoming air and reducing airflow. And a heat machine ontop of the block basically adding more insulation to the block.

I would forego the 1.7 and go with an Edelbrock or magnusson for better heat efficient PD blowers or go with the A&A, ECS, or Procharger. I've had a Procharger with horizontal intercooler. Overheat only above 90 degrees on track going hard.

I admit the Procharger 4" intercooler is way too thick for 600 rwhp and blocks more than necessary of the radiator.

phalse 03-16-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow (Post 1599031495)
Of course it will. It has an intercooler blocking the radiator so you're adding some 30 degrees or more to the radiator incoming air and reducing airflow. And a heat machine ontop of the block basically adding more insulation to the block.

I would forego the 1.7 and go with an Edelbrock or magnusson for better heat efficient PD blowers or go with the A&A, ECS, or Procharger. I've had a Procharger with horizontal intercooler. Overheat only above 90 degrees on track going hard.

I admit the Procharger 4" intercooler is way too thick for 600 rwhp and blocks more than necessary of the radiator.

interesting. is there someone else whos kit has a cooler which is thinner or otherwise smaller? thinking about checking into A&A, theyre about 2.5hrs from me. im all about one stop shopping xD

BrunoTheMellow 03-16-2019 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by phalse (Post 1599057958)
interesting. is there someone else whos kit has a cooler which is thinner or otherwise smaller? thinking about checking into A&A, theyre about 2.5hrs from me. im all about one stop shopping xD

both ECS and a&a kits have smaller intercoolers. A&A has a scoop that likely blocks the same amount of air. Ecs intercooler is odd in such that it claims to flow from under upward. But it has the least amount of blockage for the radiator.

Ecs also includes brackets to relocate the aux radiator. Useful.

hogurt 03-18-2019 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow (Post 1599031495)

Well that's a different conversation all together. For certain the Maggie is a much nicer blower than the LT4 setup, but it's also much more expensive (It's what I have on my other car too...so I am a huge fan).

It really depends on how you are going to drive and what your goals are. I am installing the LT4 blower on my Vette soon (I had it ported by Jokerz).