CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous-173/)
-   -   FYREANT’s Boosted 2014 C7 on the Dyno for tuning at Late Model Racecraft (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous/4250719-fyreantis-boosted-2014-c7-on-the-dyno-for-tuning-at-late-model-racecraft.html)

Late Model Racecraft 03-11-2019 03:02 PM

FYREANT’s Boosted 2014 C7 on the Dyno for tuning at Late Model Racecraft

This 2014 C7 Stingray was shown some love when owner Anthony Buonanoma, aka FYREANT fully built the motor with forged internals, upgraded valve train with all the trimmings, a stage 3 cam, A&A Corvette YSI blower, long tube headers, meth injection, and a full custom dyno tune here at the shop. Contact us to get your C7 making crazy power like this today!

Hope I am not spoiling the surprise for Anthony but here ya go guys........1016rwhp on 93oct and meth and 1040rwhp with 35%E......

Anthony should be super proud of this build. He built a car and drove it over 13hrs to my shop to be tuned with zero issues on the road. We worked on little things at the shop but nothing major. By the end of the day Friday she was making solid back to back passes over 1000rwhp and then Anthony drove her all the way back to Florida with zero issues. I am sure he will chime in soon....Again, Congrats on a killer car Anthony, I know you will enjoy her!!

douglee25 03-11-2019 03:41 PM

Impressive!

robert miller 03-11-2019 04:39 PM

ttt

ANT car sounds great man looks like you got it worked out for the tune & all of that. You did some great work on her putting her back together..:thumbs: Robert

FYREANT 03-11-2019 09:02 PM

Thank you everyone, my C7 and I have been on quite the journey I've taken it through its many build phases over the last 5 years. It's been absolutely rewarding to work on her and change her to be exactly how I want her and to share my experiences with all of you along the way. This stage of the build was no different in that regard, just that this time she took a little bit longer to get ready to go out for our big date so to speak lol.

I really have to tell the tale of my trip to Texas, my experience with Late Model Racecraft and how this all came to be. It Actually starts with CF member C7&7 offering to come to FL to help me pull the motor in the car for the first engine build 2 years ago. Since then I've flown over there to visit, went to TX2K with him, and then flown back over again in August to help him do the conversion of his seats from the GT to Comp seats which we did in the lobby of LMR might I add haha. LMR built Tim's car to the badass monster that it is today and during some of the phases of his build when I was in Texas we made multiple trips down to LMR's shop. So, I'd gotten to meet the team there multiple times and found that they really were just a great group of guys that are just real car guys at heart. This was something I picked up on instantly and is the primary reason I chose to drive my car halfway across the country to have them do the tuning, to give my car that special sauce that, in my opinion, is what truly makes a build like this shine.

I left FL on Monday morning 3/4/19 and got to Houston on the night of 3/5/19. I arrived at the shop on Wednesday morning for my appointment and they were ready to get started. There were a few things that we had some issues with along the way such as belt slip, boost leaks, rubbing fuel lines, all of which we were able to correct pretty easily once identified. My car spent three days, THREE DAYS on the dyno for us to get all the kinks worked out because Steven wouldn't let me leave until the car was right. He kept telling me "dude, you drove all the way from Florida, we're gonna make sure its right for you....". That right there is a quality of service you just cannot buy nowadays. It's also the reason that they are now the only shop I will let touch my car in any way. Because I know whatever they work on, they won't let it leave until its right. So, hats off to them for the exceptional service and for making me feel like I am part of the family at LMR.

Many of you have followed my build threads, my HOW TO guides and I've had the please of helping many of you through PM's on your very own builds. So I'd like to thank all of you for coming on this long ride with me and keeping me inspired and motivated in finishing my build! And also thanks to Cajun and Yve at EdgyVette for their help in procuring many of the parts that made this build possible!

I'm not done with this car yet, next we are gonna try and see if we can set the C7 M7 world record in the 1/4 mile. Hopefully soon at that! https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ies/smile5.gif

Ant

FYREANT 03-11-2019 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by robert miller (Post 1599027688)
ANT car sounds great man looks like you got it worked out for the tune & all of that. You did some great work on her putting her back together..:thumbs: Robert

thanks man, its been a long journey!

3honkz 03-11-2019 10:32 PM

Great numbers on 93 and meth

douglee25 03-11-2019 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by 3honkz (Post 1599029629)
Great numbers on 93 and meth

F yeah!!

Bruce_K 03-12-2019 03:27 PM

YO ANT!! SUPER CONGRATS!! I Watched all your build and its inspiring to say the least!! Hopefully one day i get my build all completed!!

FYREANT 03-12-2019 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce_K (Post 1599033125)
YO ANT!! SUPER CONGRATS!! I Watched all your build and its inspiring to say the least!! Hopefully one day i get my build all completed!!

Thanks Bruce! I’m sure you’ll get yours all done too!!

C5-VERT 03-12-2019 05:43 PM

Anthony congrats brother from one home engine builder/mechanic to another! That's no small feat doing it yourself at home and mostly alone I bet. Appreciate all your feedback here and help forum needs more like you. You should be super proud now enjoy the hell out of it!!! :cheers:

FYREANT 03-12-2019 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by C5-VERT (Post 1599033859)
Anthony congrats brother from one home engine builder/mechanic to another! That's no small feat doing it yourself at home and mostly alone I bet. Appreciate all your feedback here and help forum needs more like you. You should be super proud now enjoy the hell out of it!!! :cheers:

Thanks brother, you are very right that it’s difficult to do at home, mostly alone, and in my case, all on floor jacks and jack stands lol. I am proud and I’m planning to enjoy it!

C5-VERT 03-12-2019 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by FYREANT (Post 1599034239)
Thanks brother, you are very right that it’s difficult to do at home, mostly alone, and in my case, all on floor jacks and jack stands lol. I am proud and I’m planning to enjoy it!

Jack stands yep been there done engine swaps only good thing going for us is dropping entire engine cradle as one. Sure you considered a 2 post lift? I finally broke down got one for $2k but man it was money so well spent. Get some vids of that beast soon!

FYREANT 03-12-2019 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by C5-VERT (Post 1599034514)
Jack stands yep been there done engine swaps only good thing going for us is dropping entire engine cradle as one. Sure you considered a 2 post lift? I finally broke down got one for $2k but man it was money so well spent. Get some vids of that beast soon!

My garage has an 8’ ceiling so no room for a lift unfortunately lol

C5-VERT 03-15-2019 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by FYREANT (Post 1599034716)
My garage has an 8’ ceiling so no room for a lift unfortunately lol

I have 9' and the lift I got was 9'3" I believe. What luck I have lol. I already had a slab poured next to the house I installed it there and going to build me a custom shop there, keep the garage for dogs/cars :-).

Fast6.3 03-15-2019 08:44 PM

Awesome Ant cant wait to see what she at the track

2014BlkVette 03-17-2019 02:59 PM

Ant, I normally view this forum without logging in. I’ve looked at your builds multiple, multiple, multiple times. I’ve also seen how responsive and helpful you are to members...Geez Louise; Congrats! Enjoy!

FYREANT 03-17-2019 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2014BlkVette (Post 1599061410)
Ant, I normally view this forum without logging in. I’ve looked at your builds multiple, multiple, multiple times. I’ve also seen how responsive and helpful you are to members...Geez Louise; Congrats! Enjoy!

Thanks man! Just trying to help out and pull my weight around here!

Earl H 03-17-2019 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by FYREANT (Post 1599029148)
Thank you everyone, my C7 and I have been on quite the journey I've taken it through its many build phases over the last 5 years. It's been absolutely rewarding to work on her and change her to be exactly how I want her and to share my experiences with all of you along the way. This stage of the build was no different in that regard, just that this time she took a little bit longer to get ready to go out for our big date so to speak lol.

I really have to tell the tale of my trip to Texas, my experience with Late Model Racecraft and how this all came to be. It Actually starts with CF member C7&7 offering to come to FL to help me pull the motor in the car for the first engine build 2 years ago. Since then I've flown over there to visit, went to TX2K with him, and then flown back over again in August to help him do the conversion of his seats from the GT to Comp seats which we did in the lobby of LMR might I add haha. LMR built Tim's car to the badass monster that it is today and during some of the phases of his build when I was in Texas we made multiple trips down to LMR's shop. So, I'd gotten to meet the team there multiple times and found that they really were just a great group of guys that are just real car guys at heart. This was something I picked up on instantly and is the primary reason I chose to drive my car halfway across the country to have them do the tuning, to give my car that special sauce that, in my opinion, is what truly makes a build like this shine.

I left FL on Monday morning 3/4/19 and got to Houston on the night of 3/5/19. I arrived at the shop on Wednesday morning for my appointment and they were ready to get started. There were a few things that we had some issues with along the way such as belt slip, boost leaks, rubbing fuel lines, all of which we were able to correct pretty easily once identified. My car spent three days, THREE DAYS on the dyno for us to get all the kinks worked out because Steven wouldn't let me leave until the car was right. He kept telling me "dude, you drove all the way from Florida, we're gonna make sure its right for you....". That right there is a quality of service you just cannot buy nowadays. It's also the reason that they are now the only shop I will let touch my car in any way. Because I know whatever they work on, they won't let it leave until its right. So, hats off to them for the exceptional service and for making me feel like I am part of the family at LMR.

Many of you have followed my build threads, my HOW TO guides and I've had the please of helping many of you through PM's on your very own builds. So I'd like to thank all of you for coming on this long ride with me and keeping me inspired and motivated in finishing my build! And also thanks to Cajun and Yve at EdgyVette for their help in procuring many of the parts that made this build possible!

I'm not done with this car yet, next we are gonna try and see if we can set the C7 M7 world record in the 1/4 mile. Hopefully soon at that! https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ies/smile5.gif

Ant

Impressive work.

KGrant 03-18-2019 08:06 AM

Congratulation! Well Done! So a side note, you need found a solution to the front and rear fender flares / spats and you just removed the ones that didn't have the right fitment huh?

Originally Posted by FYREANT (Post 1599029148)

Ant

FYREANT 03-18-2019 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by KGrant (Post 1599064347)
Congratulation! Well Done! So a side note, you need found a solution to the front and rear fender flares / spats and you just removed the ones that didn't have the right fitment huh?

the spats would have been wide enough on the front, but the rears would have come up about 1/2”-3/4” too short. This is assuming you have some proper height on the wheel well gap. If your lowered like me, the fender flares are a bad idea because you risk cracking a fender unfortunately. Thats why i have my full set of Forgestar F14’s for sale in the for sale section since they are Z06 offsets and width and I need to go back to Z51 sizes..