CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Do people do weird maybe jealous things to you when driving your Vette? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4250854-do-people-do-weird-maybe-jealous-things-to-you-when-driving-your-vette.html)

CJustin6 03-11-2019 09:44 PM

Do people do weird maybe jealous things to you when driving your Vette?

I bought my 2011 C6 Corvette on New Year’s Eve 2018. I live in New York so haven’t driven it too much.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2d25bf237.jpeg
I keep having interactions with people on the road that leaves me to believe they are jealous of me because I have a corvette maybe??? One of the guys at my job seems like he hates me now( I’m a Bmw tech and he used to work for Gm and loves corvettes.) I’ve had people block me in at the gas station, block me from passing on a two lane highway, I had a semi pull up into a lane that leads to a parkway just to cut me off. Anyone else experience this behavior? Kinda wish I bought a Chevy SS or maybe a G8 GXP. All I ever wanted was the most performance for my money.

buckmeister2 03-11-2019 11:29 PM

Honestly, the examples you have given sound like nothing more than you projecting negative motivations onto common, everyday events. What you describe is the same stuff that has happened to me, even when I drove a beater pickup. I can't speak for the "former" friend of yours, but that could be anything. I'm on my second C6, and have never noticed anyone show disdain. I either get ignored, or I get some form of approval from others.

Of course, my car is not bright yellow, which some people may feel means, "LOOK AT ME!" Or, maybe not...

RobLo 03-11-2019 11:33 PM

I live in NY too, it's the way people drive here, Corvette or not. Most NY drivers suck although I used to think NY and NJ had the worlds worst drivers until I recently spent a month down in Florida....

madsonp 03-11-2019 11:33 PM

Women take off their panties and rub their crotches when I drive by..........does that count ?

RobLo 03-11-2019 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by madsonp (Post 1599029922)
Women take off their panties and rub their crotches when I drive by..........does that count ?

Nah, only counts if they rub YOUR crotch!

jimijam 03-11-2019 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by madsonp (Post 1599029922)

You are in Montana, right? Are you sure they are women?

madsonp 03-11-2019 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by jimijam (Post 1599029932)
You are in Montana, right? Are you sure they are women?

Oh yes, up here they are, you must be thinking of California.:D

Vette_DD 03-11-2019 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by CJustin6 (Post 1599029336)
IDo people do weird maybe jealous things to you when driving your Vette?

Never had that problem with any of the Vettes I had.

CJustin6 03-11-2019 11:44 PM

Yellow Vette

Maybe it’s the yellow color. Maybe it’s the fact that although I’m 33 I look 25. I can’t be the only one that has had people act strangely. Kinda makes me want to sell the car.

CJustin6 03-11-2019 11:46 PM

Yellow

As far as the yellow goes this car was cheaper then some of the other ones I could find and thought I might get it vinyl wrapped. I do like the way it looks but don’t like the flashiness of it.

madsonp 03-11-2019 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by CJustin6 (Post 1599029964)
As far as the yellow goes this car was cheaper then some of the other ones I could find and thought I might get it vinyl wrapped. I do like the way it looks but don’t like the flashiness of it.

I don't mind it on mine, the more visible the better I figure, less likely to have someone pull out in front of me, unless the LEO's around. :_dupe: then it not that good

Bruze 03-11-2019 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by CJustin6 (Post 1599029962)
Maybe it’s the yellow color. Maybe it’s the fact that although I’m 33 I look 25. I can’t be the only one that has had people act strangely. Kinda makes me want to sell the car.

To answer your question, no.

Sell the car because of that? LOL. There must be something else going on here. :confused:

TorchRedFred 03-11-2019 11:53 PM

The yellow looks nice especially with the black headlights. Also, I see some black wheels in your future. :cheers:

CJustin6 03-12-2019 12:15 AM

Yellow

Originally Posted by madsonp (Post 1599029971)
I don't mind it on mine, the more visible the better I figure, less likely to have someone pull out in front of me, unless the LEO's around. :_dupe: then it not that good

yes yellow has its strong points and weaknesses. Not sure if I’m for it or against it yet. I had a yellow Dakota 5.9 R/T when I was a young man and it got me into a lot of trouble. Lol.

Icecap 03-12-2019 01:40 AM

I bought my 2011 C6 Corvette on New Year’s Eve 2018. I live in New York so haven’t driven it too much.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2d25bf237.jpeg
I keep having interactions with people on the road that leaves me to believe they are jealous of me because I have a corvette maybe??? One of the guys at my job seems like he hates me now( I’m a Bmw tech and he used to work for Gm and loves corvettes.) I’ve had people block me in at the gas station, block me from passing on a two lane highway, I had a semi pull up into a lane that leads to a parkway just to cut me off. Anyone else experience this behavior? Kinda wish I bought a Chevy SS or maybe a G8 GXP. All I ever wanted was the most performance for my money.

Never have a problem and get lots of compliments and often get gestured to do a burnout which I graciously decline because I dont want to trash $800 bucks worth of tires. Last year I had a car in the adjacent lane on the freeway pace me while their passenger was taking pictures of our car. The funniest thing that happened to me was a gas station while fueling it up a white haired guy pulled into the pump beside me in a open wheeled hot rod sporting lots of chrome and a fancy paint job. As he got out he yelled over at me "Mid life crisis too?" :D
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...d75a24442a.jpg

enventr 03-12-2019 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by RobLo (Post 1599029920)
I live in NY too, it's the way people drive here, Corvette or not. Most NY drivers suck although I used to think NY and NJ had the worlds worst drivers until I recently spent a month down in Florida....

i moved to Florida after living on
LI most of my life. You are correct. Florida has the worst drivers! They do not know what a directional signal is used for lol. The auto insurance is higher here than in NY.

Spaceme1117 03-12-2019 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by enventr (Post 1599030408)
i moved to Florida after living on
LI most of my life. You are correct. Florida has the worst drivers! They do not know what a directional signal is used for lol. The auto insurance is higher here than in NY.

This is everywhere, not just Florida.

Cooter Tech 03-12-2019 07:24 AM

I think it’s the color, I’m sure of it! Bright yellow drives me nuts! In my blue convertible I only get smiles and waves!

Corvette_Ed 03-12-2019 07:25 AM

On a trip out to Cali a few years ago I had a guy circling around my car on the highway filming me as I was driving down the road.

BlindSpot 03-12-2019 07:58 AM

Sounds like you're excited and a little overwhelmed with Corvette ownership. Think a minute about the examples you've listed of other drivers you suspect might be envious (not jealous) that you are driving an 8 year old yellow car. Put yourself in each of those positions as the other driver. Do you honestly think you'd intentionally take these various actions because you were envious of a yellow Corvette? Do you ever find yourself taking such actions if, say, someone pulls up next to you in a yellow Lamborghini?