CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Autocrossing & Roadracing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing-23/)
-   -   NOLA Video anyone? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/4251085-nola-video-anyone.html)

village idiot 03-12-2019 02:49 PM

NOLA Video anyone?

Does anyone have a video from NOLA from a known good driver? I have a race coming up there and would like to watch some video before I get out there. I always hesitate to trust a youtube video because you never know what you're watching.

fleming23 03-12-2019 03:02 PM

I have a video on 200tw street tires from a couple years ago...

First time I had ever been to the track. It is pretty easy to learn, and super flat so you can easily see the next turn(s).

I believe my best was a 1:51.192 on a BFG Rival. I had ICE mode issues earlier in the event so I was a little hesitant to really push the brake zones. This was my first event with the AP racing brakes and I was swapping Ferodo pads trying to sort it out.

This was with a completely stock engine, DSC controller and I think I might of had the DSC RT dampers. Pretty much nothing else from a performance stand-point. Don't remember if Speedo is accurate based on wheel size, or if I had fixed it in HP Tuners, so use caution relying on that data point.

HULLY 03-12-2019 04:08 PM

Youtube Jason Hart he is a very good driver.

Acid666 03-12-2019 04:18 PM

Check Chet's page. He's pretty damn fast. I believe he held the record for his class with NASA at Cota for a short bit. Can't remember his name here but he might see this post.
Just go thru and find all his Nola vids. If it's a black C5, that's his new fully built car with an LS3 and aero. He's got older videos in there of his white C7, so he's got experience with both.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp4...w=0&shelf_id=0

village idiot 03-12-2019 04:29 PM

Thanks guys! Jason Hart is definitely fast AF. Found a video of him with good on screen data! All videos were helpful.

And yeah, that's a really flat track with only one wall to worry about. Should be fun. It's just a Lemon's race, but they're clusterfawks. There is no following anyone through a turn and learning anything. I did a race at my home track and swore off Lemons, but I couldn't pass up a chance to do it in a decent Lemons car at a track I've never driven.

Acid666 03-12-2019 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by village idiot (Post 1599033450)
Thanks guys! Jason Hart is definitely fast AF. Found a video of him with good on screen data! All videos were helpful.

And yeah, that's a really flat track with only one wall to worry about. Should be fun. It's just a Lemon's race, but they're clusterfawks. There is no following anyone through a turn and learning anything. I did a race at my home track and swore off Lemons, but I couldn't pass up a chance to do it in a decent Lemons car at a track I've never driven.

I'm actually debating on joining as a pit crew for some locals that are working on a Lemons car for that race at the end of the month. I think they'll likely need a ton of help and I'm really interested in helping. Only problem is my home SCCA group has an autocross that Sunday and I don't wanna get behind on points. But I'm really interested in creating my own lemons car with some local buddies (I'm about 2 hours west but go to Baton Rouge and Nola monthly for AutoX).
Nola is pretty straight forward. I've been on it a few times for the Xtreme Experience.

village idiot 03-12-2019 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Acid666 (Post 1599033508)
I'm actually debating on joining as a pit crew for some locals that are working on a Lemons car for that race at the end of the month. I think they'll likely need a ton of help and I'm really interested in helping. Only problem is my home SCCA group has an autocross that Sunday and I don't wanna get behind on points. But I'm really interested in creating my own lemons car with some local buddies (I'm about 2 hours west but go to Baton Rouge and Nola monthly for AutoX).
Nola is pretty straight forward. I've been on it a few times for the Xtreme Experience.

I don't know why anyone does Lemons. By the time you get a car to spec and safety and all that, it's not that much cheaper than running WRL. And it's absolute shit for racing in an unreliable car. Just spend a few more bucks and go WRL. Splitting with a team, it's literally probably $1000 more per person to buy a spec miata. Oh, and when you're done, you have a Spec Miata, rather worthless car with an expensive cage.
For $1300 I get to drive with some friends for 2 days on a new track which is a pretty decent deal (this includes shipping car, lodging, a few of the meals, etc). I honestly wouldn't do it if it was a local track though.