CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous-173/)
-   -   MMS+Anyone know of a PCV overflow tank that will fit where stock air filter box goes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous/4251144-mms-anyone-know-of-a-pcv-overflow-tank-that-will-fit-where-stock-air-filter-box-goes.html)

C5-VERT 03-12-2019 05:47 PM

MMS+Anyone know of a PCV overflow tank that will fit where stock air filter box goes

I have a custom MMS road race PCV setup and want to get an overflow tank. I see several on Summit Racing but curious if there are any here who knows of one that would fit nicer where the stock air box goes? I can't do the other side due to my procharger intake. I can weld / fabricate (medium level) so thought about making one out of aluminum with my TIG but they are fairly reasonably priced at summit racing.

Thinking one like this that from the top of my MMS catch can can be routed to:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ctr-80-211/overview/

C5-VERT 03-12-2019 05:48 PM

Even thought of this one:
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...a2aa973850.jpg

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ati-406611/overview/

Cordes Performance Racing 03-13-2019 04:50 PM

https://advancedmodernperformance.co...r-c7-corvette/

we run this one on our big power builds. it fits into the oem air box opening and works amazing.

RapidC84B 03-13-2019 04:54 PM

Where does the air box go when you use that real estate for the breather can? When you convert to breather can are you plugging all air sources to the intake tract to prevent unmetered air getting into the motor?

RapidC84B 03-13-2019 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by C5-VERT (Post 1599033882)
I have a custom MMS road race PCV setup and want to get an overflow tank. I see several on Summit Racing but curious if there are any here who knows of one that would fit nicer where the stock air box goes? I can't do the other side due to my procharger intake. I can weld / fabricate (medium level) so thought about making one out of aluminum with my TIG but they are fairly reasonably priced at summit racing.

Thinking one like this that from the top of my MMS catch can can be routed to:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ctr-80-211/overview/

What's their "road race" PCV setup... I only see "mild" or "wild" on the website.

C5-VERT 03-13-2019 05:27 PM

The amp one is very nice I like that but I just spent $400 on an MMS road race catch can. How would that work with it? Or would it replace it? I love how it fits in open air box that is exactly what I need. If I had time to build my own I would but I need this in two weeks tops.

The MMS setup I have is routed in the MILD setup so dirty side comes from PCV billet piece that replaces the factory plastic one. Clean side comes from T fitting tied into my G1Pro intake behind throttle body and other side to brake booster (with one way check valve). So far is has stopped ALL oil leaks at WOT which is amazing I really though I would have to replace my crankshaft main seal (think I had some blow by there pre catch can when I race at RoeblingRoad Raceway).

I ordered an overflow tank from eBay for $38 that will fit where airbox goes all aluminum. Amazing how going to a custom corvette one price multiplied by 25 lol. But I have $28k in my build so I am not going to get cheap now. I want to finish my build off right.

So my question again is can I use that amp tank above alone or with my MMS can? What is best for road racing?

C5-VERT 03-13-2019 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder (Post 1599039468)
What's their "road race" PCV setup... I only see "mild" or "wild" on the website.

It allows overflow of normal Catch Cans to be routed to an overflow or airbox. Road racing will typically overflow the smaller cans hence this is his road race setup...not much different than Filter config just allows routing of overflow as I said...

This link https://www.mightymousesolutions.com...ge/fitting-top

Watch this video

This top strongly recommended on road race circuit applications, not being able to drain the can as it becomes full and any subsequent overflowing of the breather onto headers can cause a dangerous fire.

C5-VERT 03-13-2019 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR (Post 1599039431)
https://advancedmodernperformance.co...r-c7-corvette/

we run this one on our big power builds. it fits into the oem air box opening and works amazing.

Thank you I called AMP and left a message. I would need a longer Fragola passenger side line one that probably matches the longer driver side one, as I have Katech Valve Covers which put the PCV connection on the passenger side at the rear of the valve cover. If they can include that line I may go ahead and purchase that setup. I just need to figure out how to use it with my MMS can or if I ditch the MMS can would I still want the billet PCV diverter and route it the same way? I need it to work for road racing and I have a 1000 horsepower F1A-94 procharged / G1Pro / Katech 103 TB / Crawford Racing Holley Port Injection with 1000cc FIC injectors / 750 Magnafuel low side / 2" Kooks headers + 3" x-pipe + borla ATAK / 46mm precision wastegate for boost control / + more normal goodies...

So I really want this to work for road racing + street use and maybe a drag race here and there but I am an M7 and never really intend to drag race.

robert miller 03-13-2019 08:21 PM

ttt

Mike you do know from the bottom of the catch can what ever over flow can you use it will need to be lower in the car then that point of your catch can, Find you a cheap but nice looking can TO USE, make yourself two brackets one for each end of that can, you will drill 2 holes one on each end of the bracket then just tig weld each bracket to that can you will use.

Buddy to much stuff over on the pass/side & really under the hood you find a NUT hole or something to bolt it to. Now AFTER SAYING THAT THOSE TWO BRACKETS MAY LOOK LIKE A SNAKE ARE WHAT EVER BUT IT WILL WORK MAN.. Just look really good over in the space then go from that with it. Man you don't need a 700.00 can just for thatplus I would think what ever you put in the place to do what you wanted it for. You would need it to be a closed system & not have a filter on it.. Robert

C5-VERT 03-14-2019 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by robert miller (Post 1599040569)
Mike you do know from the bottom of the catch can what ever over flow can you use it will need to be lower in the car then that point of your catch can, Find you a cheap but nice looking can TO USE, make yourself two brackets one for each end of that can, you will drill 2 holes one on each end of the bracket then just tig weld each bracket to that can you will use.

Buddy to much stuff over on the pass/side & really under the hood you find a NUT hole or something to bolt it to. Now AFTER SAYING THAT THOSE TWO BRACKETS MAY LOOK LIKE A SNAKE ARE WHAT EVER BUT IT WILL WORK MAN.. Just look really good over in the space then go from that with it. Man you don't need a 700.00 can just for thatplus I would think what ever you put in the place to do what you wanted it for. You would need it to be a closed system & not have a filter on it.. Robert

Great info Robert been so consumed with getting my car finished (body work, cracked windshield, flushing brakes) I did overlook the tank being lower than the catch can. Makes sense to me. However I was considering just selling my MMS catch can and purchasing the AMP one mostly just due to time constraints, but yeah time no option I would just fabricate me one to fit where the stock airbox goes. Been itching to use my TIG again :yesnod:. But the AMP one is a catch can / baffled so it would give me best of all worlds fill that UGLY hole where the air box is, give me a catch can + more room for overflow. And I absolutely agree $700 is A LOT of clams for a catch can. Not quite sure I want to just dump that kind of money there just yet. Would make a bit of it up selling my MMS one. Oh boy this car is going to bankrupt me lol.

Always good to hear from you Robert!

robert miller 03-14-2019 03:44 PM

ttt

^^^ really look at that can if that can is not welded up correct r whom ever makes it didn't do it right. That make of can could NOT WORK correct. If you remember Matt that did work for ECS but then moved down to FLA sold that same make & size he had more than a few that was not made correct something to do on the tig the diff compartment inside the can was wrong & they didn't work.

Matt did make a few of them right with the customer but the he moved to Texas and filled BK-7 are BK-13 more than a few lost money on it anyway. Plus I do know that David owner of MMS his can does work & is a great guy willing to help whom ever on these set up's.. Robert

C5-VERT 03-15-2019 04:52 PM

I am honestly out of time Robert. I had no choice but to order the AMP custom catch can which will fit right where my stock air box goes. I think it will definitely look nice and they are sending me longer lines on passenger side to reach the rear PCV on my Katech Valve cover. They were nice on the phone I just pulled the trigger I need this car ready by next week for this Daytona Speedway track event. And yes my wallet is hurting...and sad...

robert miller 03-16-2019 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by C5-VERT (Post 1599051547)
I am honestly out of time Robert. I had no choice but to order the AMP custom catch can which will fit right where my stock air box goes. I think it will definitely look nice and they are sending me longer lines on passenger side to reach the rear PCV on my Katech Valve cover. They were nice on the phone I just pulled the trigger I need this car ready by next week for this Daytona Speedway track event. And yes my wallet is hurting...and sad...

:thumbs: Man believe me I understand when time is running out & needing to have it running correct. Plus understand on the hurt on the wallet. You do have it bad also buddy good luck on the track day man... Robert

C5-VERT 03-18-2019 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by robert miller (Post 1599058024)
:thumbs: Man believe me I understand when time is running out & needing to have it running correct. Plus understand on the hurt on the wallet. You do have it bad also buddy good luck on the track day man... Robert

Thank you Robert! You're right as if I didn't have it bad enough for building a high hp street car now I caught the track bug. You can't even explain it sort of like having a kid getting out on a road course is such a driver skill + car deal so much more fun than drag racing which is all I ever used to do. So hooked!