CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southern California (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california-45/)
-   -   Best SoCal dealer for service under warranty? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california/4251351-best-socal-dealer-for-service-under-warranty.html)

dekaliber 03-13-2019 11:16 AM

Best SoCal dealer for service under warranty?

Dealers don't usually have a reputation for providing the best service, but I was curious if anyone has a recommendation on places with better techs or techs who are more used to working on Corvettes? Just something I'd like to keep in mind for any service needs that comes up during the warranty period like the 500mi break in oil change on Z06s.

Obe1 GS 03-14-2019 01:35 AM

SoCal is a large area! You looking for LA dealers only?

wdwinder 03-14-2019 02:00 AM

I'ld love to know this in Ventura county area. Don't trust Silverstar in Thousand Oaks. They didn't deliver brake rotor protectors with car and couldn't even figure out how to get them AFTER I gave them GM part number. Had to get them myself and get reimbursed. That total process was about 4 months long.

Jfryjfry 03-14-2019 09:39 AM

American Heritage Performance is great but a little far.

If its just oil changes, why not do it yourself? Not that bad.... I’ll help if you want but am not that close - I’m by lax.

Gio's C7 03-14-2019 10:37 AM

Rydell.

dekaliber 03-15-2019 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Obe1 GS (Post 1599041765)
SoCal is a large area! You looking for LA dealers only?

Not necessarily, I'm on the west side near Mar Vista/Venice/Marina but willing to travel a bit if it would make a difference. I know American Heritage is a good shop here where I might go for out of warranty stuff, but figured I'd take advantage of the free Chevy service while I can.

dekaliber 03-15-2019 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jfryjfry (Post 1599042667)
American Heritage Performance is great but a little far.

If its just oil changes, why not do it yourself? Not that bad.... I’ll help if you want but am not that close - I’m by lax.

Thanks! I actually have race ramps so I'll do them myself eventually, but for stuff that Chevy covers (even outside of oil changes, should something goes wrong under warranty) I figured it made sense to take advantage of the free service from the dealer.

Amirns 03-15-2019 05:15 AM

Another one for Rydell

csvette8 03-16-2019 02:34 PM

Rydell is the only one around LA then again the dealer experience is always bad. American heritage can also do warranty work if you have the right warranty.

Bob Paris 03-16-2019 11:15 PM

And another vote for Rydell. I like my service advisor, David Joslyn. Rydell's master Corvette tech is Donny Yorke and you can ask David if your particular job is one that Donny would do.

Big Jay E 03-19-2019 01:42 AM

Donny Yorke at Rydell in Northridge.

ETHYL 03-31-2019 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by dekaliber (Post 1599047979)
Thanks! I actually have race ramps so I'll do them myself eventually, but for stuff that Chevy covers (even outside of oil changes, should something goes wrong under warranty) I figured it made sense to take advantage of the free service from the dealer.

Rydells Chev in Northridge. Ask for an appointment with Donny Yorke. He is one of the top Corvette technicians in the US. You will have to call the service rep and let him know you want Donny to service your car. As far as I know, Donny does not do oil/filter. alignments, tire rotations, etc.