CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Our first look with the frunk open! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4251772-our-first-look-with-the-frunk-open.html)

Zora_Vette 03-14-2019 01:43 PM

Our first look with the frunk open!

https://jalopnik.com/heres-the-mid-e...m_campaign=top

Foosh 03-14-2019 01:47 PM

Link fixed.

C8 Mule w/ Open Frunk

Zora_Vette 03-14-2019 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1599044389)

Thanks, just realized it did not work and fixed it in the OP

Tom73 03-14-2019 02:03 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...fd162b589.jpeg

“I see the problem, someone stole the engine!”

Zora_Vette 03-14-2019 02:04 PM

^^^ :lolg:

ShagVette 03-14-2019 02:06 PM

More appropriate would be "camouflaged C8 mule had a rather embarrassing public breakdown at a gas station in the Detroit area recently." :(

tcinla 03-14-2019 02:20 PM

looking at the side engine air scoop from this angle, there are A LOT OF CURVES/Creases flowing to the rear from that point. Not bad necessarily but I thought it would be smoothly integrated (less creases).

kozmic 03-14-2019 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by ShagVette (Post 1599044533)
More appropriate would be "camouflaged C8 mule had a rather embarrassing public breakdown at a gas station in the Detroit area recently." :(

'meh, I wouldn't call it 'embarrassing' at all... mules break down all the time... in fact, if they aren't breaking down, they probably aren't stressing the cars enough during testing... :D

No joke, and no exaggeration: I've seen more production Ferrari's on flatbeds this year in person, than I've seen even photos of the ME Corvette being towed. :thumbs:

RapidC84B 03-14-2019 02:29 PM

The more we see the more we know that side scoop is terribly fake.

Mikec7z 03-14-2019 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder (Post 1599044678)
The more we see the more we know that side scoop is terribly fake.

They arent fake, they just come forward much farther in camo than they do in real life. There is a small faint triangle shape that begins on the door, and the door handle is under it, it is very thin and sharp at the door, so it will not actually hit the car next to it, the normal center round part of the outer door edge will hit first in most cases.

The side intake is much further back than what we are allowed to see.

jefnvk 03-14-2019 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by tcinla (Post 1599044617)
looking at the side engine air scoop from this angle, there are A LOT OF CURVES/Creases flowing to the rear from that point. Not bad necessarily but I thought it would be smoothly integrated (less creases

Thats likely cause that is all largely fake paneling. The camo folks are tricksters!

Originally Posted by kozmic (Post 1599044662)
'meh, I wouldn't call it 'embarrassing' at all... mules break down all the time... in fact, if they aren't breaking down, they probably aren't stressing the cars enough during testing... :D

Yep, and its largely stuff you'd never think of (and stuff totally unrelated to your system that you've got zero clue how to fix). Security systems thinking the car is being stolen and locking out the systems are probably our number one issue.

RapidC84B 03-14-2019 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mikec7z (Post 1599044701)
They arent fake, they just come forward much farther than the do in real life. There is a small faint triangle shape that begins on the door, and the door handle is under it, it is very thin and sharp at the door, so it will not actually hit the car next to it, the normal center round part of the outer door edge will hit first in most cases.

The side intake is much further back than what we are allowed to see.

Yes... that's what I said. The side scoop as presented on these mules is clearly fake and not remotely the actual design.

Mikec7z 03-14-2019 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by kozmic (Post 1599044662)

No joke, and no exaggeration: I've seen more production Ferrari's on flatbeds this year in person, than I've seen even photos of the ME Corvette being towed. :thumbs:

thats because most high end stores send flatbeds to pick up high end cars for oil changes etc as part of the service to earn the customer's business vs them going to the other high end store.

RapidC84B 03-14-2019 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mikec7z (Post 1599044716)
thats because most high end stores send flatbeds to pick up high end cars for oil changes etc as part of the service to earn the customer's business vs them going to the other high end store.

Exactly... you don't drive your Ferrari to the Ferrari store for service. They send transport to you to pick it up. Local acquaintance has a 458 and Ferrari of Washington comes and gets it. It's 3 hours from DC to here FWIW.

Foosh 03-14-2019 02:38 PM

That's pretty cruddy Ferrari service. My wife just bought an Alfa Romeo Giulia, and the dealership we purchased from in Annapolis, MD will bring an Alfa or Maserati loaner to our house, take our car for service, and bring it back detailed.

Jeff V. 03-14-2019 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by jefnvk (Post 1599044704)
Yep, and its largely stuff you'd never think of (and stuff totally unrelated to your system that you've got zero clue how to fix). Security systems thinking the car is being stolen and locking out the systems are probably our number one issue.

That'd be right in line with the rumored CANbus problems.

Red67John 03-14-2019 02:39 PM

Well, as long as we’re stuck here, let’s get our golf clubs out and play a quick couple holes next door while we await the company tow truck.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...b990f4ad1.jpeg

kozmic 03-14-2019 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mikec7z (Post 1599044716)

Yeah, no... while I get your point, I mean being picked up from the road... perhaps minor issues, but break-downs are what I am referring to. Driving around the Galleria area of Houston on a daily basis, you will see at least one Ferrari broken down being picked up, every few months...its actually become a joke amongst my co-workers (maybe a Houston-ism, but again, no joke or exaggeration at all).

moldyviolinist 03-14-2019 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by kozmic (Post 1599044763)
Yeah, no... while I get your point, I mean being picked up from the road... perhaps minor issues, but break-downs are what I am referring to. Driving around the Galleria area of Houston on a daily basis, you will see at least one Ferrari broken down being picked up, every few months...its actually become a joke amongst my co-workers (maybe a Houston-ism, but again, no joke or exaggeration at all).

Yep, seen that too. To be fair, driving anything lower or stiffer than a truck on Houston roads probably classifies as abuse

Demnos 03-14-2019 03:02 PM

I'm wondering if the person is trying to tinker with the battery and/or connectors assuming it is near the front of the car