CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Who let's their wife drive their Corvette? and why...... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4251806-who-lets-their-wife-drive-their-corvette-and-why.html)

ttboyvette 03-14-2019 03:10 PM

Who let's their wife drive their Corvette? and why......

Who let's their wife drive their Corvette? and why.........

This should be good! :bigears

Corvette_Ed 03-14-2019 03:15 PM

I got rid of the wife and replaced her with a Corvette. Her drive it? Hell no!!

Icecap 03-14-2019 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by ttboyvette (Post 1599044956)
Who let's their wife drive their Corvette? and why.........

This should be good! :bigears

My wife lets me drive hers lol although my name is on the title too.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...9ed226abca.jpg

n3v3rtrstamor0n 03-14-2019 03:19 PM

I buy manual's so mine can't drive :rofl:

SlothX311 03-14-2019 03:20 PM

Yup, my wife is a little intimidated by the manual trans but she's doing a good job learning on this setup. Every manual drives a little different, but the clutch is fairly easy to operate and the torque makes it almost impossible to stall. I "let" my wife drive it for the same reason she "lets" me have an expensive hobby. We're a team, it's not 1950, and she thinks the car is bad ass.

She knows how OCD I am with my cars so she's more afraid of messing anything up than I am of her ruining anything.

captain vette 03-14-2019 03:21 PM

my Vette is manual, lucky for me she's not driving manual. lol

the kid C6 03-14-2019 03:26 PM

"Let"?

:toetap:

1rusty1 03-14-2019 03:37 PM

I don't let her drive it. She can drive it anytime she wants. She doesn't really like it all that much but she has driven it. I was out of town when she had to pick it up from service. It had snowed and the roads were compact snow and ice. She got it home.

jshot00 03-14-2019 03:38 PM

I let her drive whenever she wants (not too often) because I like to live!!! And when we have a big purchase it must be both agreeing!!

jchappies 03-14-2019 03:46 PM

She drove it once...then i lowered it so it to hard for her to get in. Same with the Jeep but i raised it and now its to tall....lol

invadermoose 03-14-2019 03:47 PM

Sounds like you're fishing for some kind of specific response? Not sure what it is with car forums and all the wife jabs. She can drive it whenever she wants because why not? Shes no more or less likely to crash it than me, and if she does, so what? It isnt a limited run and repair parts arent expensive. I never understood the whole thing where people buy a mass produced car and go to crazy lengths to protect it. Not eating in it, never driving it in the rain, etc. Its all crazyness to me. If you spill something, clean it. If you wreck it, by a new panel, paint it, and get back on the road. It isnt going to be a collectible, and even if it was, you'd probably be better off just investing the money at 6% instead of trying to keep a mass produced car pristine. Its more worth it to actually have some fun, in my opinion.

BadAV 03-14-2019 04:48 PM

It's a car, and a Chevy to boot. She can drive it if she wants; she chooses not to because she thinks it's too small and too close to the road.

hope2 03-14-2019 04:51 PM

She loves to drive as much as I do.

Vette_DD 03-14-2019 04:51 PM

She never asked to drive any of the Corvettes that I had.

*lets

Vet Interested 03-14-2019 04:52 PM

Anytime she wants she can. She would rather ride in it and not sit at a car show looking at it which I have to agree gets VERY boring. (Such a waste of time)!

Rokket 03-14-2019 04:57 PM

Although she hasn't yet, she can anytime she wants. I gave her a fob. She does drive the 69 Camaro although she wants me to put a manual trans in it.

arthursc2 03-14-2019 05:03 PM

I'd let her drive it, because its a $10k C5 hahaha

ttboyvette 03-14-2019 05:25 PM

I wasn't really fishing for any type of response here..... just wanted to actually hear others thoughts on the subject.

My previous two cars were a 1970 Buick GS 455 4 spd with 560 rwhp and my other was my 2001 C5 6spd supercharged with 530 rwhp. My wife was afraid to drive both because of the HP and how finicky they are. I sold the 2001 back in 2010 and bought a boat and owned and enjoyed it for 8 years. Sold the boat because hard with my two young boys getting into baseball "not enough time to go to the lake and enjoy" so talked with the wife sold the boat, and she gave the thumbs up to get a vette again. I bought a really nice pristien C% vette with very low miles (8,000 miles).... last fall. I was going to try to recreate my previous C5 supercharge it customize it....... and started to realize that my wife and I were going to be in conflict for all the custom things I wanted to do and upgrades I wanted so I decided rather than trying to recreate a previous car..... and also mess with a pristine really low milage C5 vert I would just start fresh with a new animal and rather than piss the wife off I would buy something that I could live with stock for a while and be happy with everything it is. So I bought a C6 Grand Sport 6spd convertible. I am super excited about it and it's my wife favorite color "cyber grey"....... so all is really really good now!!!

Then yesterday she says how excited she is because I don't have a car that is supercharged and she can now drive this one.

I wasn't sure how to feel..... I want her to love the car and I do want her to drive it..... so she loves everything about it and supports that we have it. It's just she never wanted anything to do with my other cars.......

HBsurfer 03-14-2019 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by invadermoose (Post 1599045227)
Sounds like you're fishing for some kind of specific response? Not sure what it is with car forums and all the wife jabs. She can drive it whenever she wants because why not? Shes no more or less likely to crash it than me, and if she does, so what? It isnt a limited run and repair parts arent expensive. I never understood the whole thing where people buy a mass produced car and go to crazy lengths to protect it. Not eating in it, never driving it in the rain, etc. Its all crazyness to me. If you spill something, clean it. If you wreck it, by a new panel, paint it, and get back on the road. It isnt going to be a collectible, and even if it was, you'd probably be better off just investing the money at 6% instead of trying to keep a mass produced car pristine. Its more worth it to actually have some fun, in my opinion.

:iagree:

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for typing it up for me. :cheers:

JoeMatilda 03-14-2019 05:47 PM

My wife doesnt drive the Vett because it has a manual transmission, and she rather drive an automatic. And at this point, she doesnt care to learn. I would have no problem at all if she wanted to learn, and drive it. Given the fact that I had to get her blessing before I bought it... she can go at it when ever she wants! (Still, its a manual transmission... lol)